The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth II has opened 15 bridges in the United Kingdom during her reign.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this is the right thread but mystery and royalty lovers should love a series of three books by Canadian writer C. C. Benison - Death at Buckingham Palace, Death at Sandringham, and Death at Windsor Castle - featuring housemaid Jane Bee and co-sleuth - Her Majesty! They're quite fun and have peeks into the workings of the royal residences.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread but mystery and royalty lovers should love a series of three books by Canadian writer C. C. Benison - Death at Buckingham Palace, Death at Sandringham, and Death at Windsor Castle - featuring housemaid Jane Bee and co-sleuth - Her Majesty! They're quite fun and have peeks into the workings of the royal residences.
Thanks for the information on the books. They look like something I would enjoy reading and after checking, I've found them for dirt cheap at abesbooks.com. Will definitely order them.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Majesty

They are very enjoyable. She did plan another one to two but didn't go ahead because of Diana's death I believe.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
They are very enjoyable. She did plan another one to two but didn't go ahead because of Diana's death I believe.
I wondered why there were no more in this series.

PS: for mystery lovers there's a website called "Stop You're Killing Me" with a listing of just about every mystery and author ever published. Great site.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

To mark their Diamond Wedding Anniversary on November 20, 2007 Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip re-visited Broadlands, where, 60 years ago in 1947, they spent their wedding night.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 AM
Courtier

The Queen has reached the top 50 of the longest reigning monarch.

In 1 year 220 days she will surpass Queen Victoria.

List of longest-reigning monarchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
The Queen has reached the top 50 of the longest reigning monarch.

In 1 year 220 days she will surpass Queen Victoria.

List of longest-reigning monarchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you've typoed there - she only has to reign until 10 September 2015 (1 year and 9 days as of 22 August 2014) to surpass Victoria.

If she reigns until 27 May 2024 she'll surpass Louis XIV as longest reigned European monarch, and if she reigns until 17 October 2034 she'll be the longest reigning monarch of verifiable dates, unless Bhumibol Aduladej of Thailand beats her to it (he has about 6 years of reigning on her).
Old 08-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Serene Highness

God save the Queen for many years then!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Exactly.

In order to surpass the last date, she has to live to 108.

If she lived 12 years passed that (which would be somewhat unlikely) to rule for 95 years she would surpass the longest reigned monarch of unverifiable dates.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Aristocracy

BBC News - Invictus Games: Queen 'deeply moved'
Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

She was not the only one. Many times I choked up and blinked back tears following the Games as I could. She and the DoE must just be bursting w/pride over what their Grandson has pulled off and well they should be too!!

Awesome the US and my own "Home and Native land" are showing interest in hosting the next two Games if it happens and it sure sounds like the incentive is there. Here's hoping!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, talents