Prince Philip in Hospital with Chest Infection: April 4-7, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was admitted yesterday. I wish him a speedy recovery. :flowers:

Last edited:
Lets hope that this is just a precaution and hopefully he will be back to normal as soon as possible. On Wednesday he missed the Edmund Hillary service so he has been poorly for a few days now.

This has concerned me because it is not like Prince Phillip to go the hospital for a cold. I hope this is just a precautionary measure and that he is out and about soon.

Hmm, I hope it all works out alright. He's getting on a bit, and even with access to the best medical care, lots of outdoor exercise, and little to no junk food in his life, eighty-mumble is getting up there in years and pneumonia gets more and more dangerous the older you get.

I think it's easy to forget that Prince Philip is turning 87 this year. He really keeps up an impressive schedule for a man his age! I was surprised to see video footage of him a little while ago, walking so well without a cane. I work at a retirement home and while there are a number of men 90+ who are in good health, even for them canes and walkers start becoming necessary and colds are a bigger worry than they once would have been.

I think Prince Philip's done really well for his age, but his years are going to catch up with him. The chest infection probably isn't serious, it's just that because he's older he won't be able to fight things off as easily, so the hospital's probably giving him some extra treatment.

Worrying but I'm sure HRH will be fine. He's a tough chap.

I wish Prince Phillip all the best and hope that he gets better very soon! He is a tough chap and I know that he will be better soon.

I can only imagine how worried and concerned The Queen is! Not to mention the rest of the family!!!

How old is Duke Of Edinburgh?. I don´t remember When he was born.

Prince Philip is 86,almost 87. He was born on June 10, 1921.

I wish him a speedy recovery, it is easy to forget the HRH and QEII that are getting up in age. I will send good thought and prayers his way.

:philipstandard:

Hoping for a good recovery,considering his delicate age.

Lets pray he can astonish all of us with one of his witty/juicy/and brow-frowning
wonderfull remarks,straightforward,no B.My man.Wonderfull man.

Last edited:
Their 60th wedding anniversary was last November.

Hmm, I hope it all works out alright. He's getting on a bit, and even with access to the best medical care, lots of outdoor exercise, and little to no junk food in his life, eighty-mumble is getting up there in years and pneumonia gets more and more dangerous the older you get.
He hasn't got pneumonia, according to all the reports, he had a simple cough that did not clear up and had become 'chesty'. Hence the diagnosis of a chest infection.

Although at 87 (almost) some people take longer to heal, he is in for tests and IF needed, IV antibiotics., there is no reason to think that Philip, like many 80-90 year olds will not recover well.:flowers:

Prince Philip 'To Stay Another Night' In Hospital With Chest Infection |Sky News|UK News

I do like Philip and wish him a speedy recovery. He looked very frail in the photos of the French State visit.

I agree it's easy to forget his age although I have an aunt the same age and she's still driving!He gets around remarkably well and is still realtively agile.It's probably just a precaution I just hope it dosen't turn into something more serious and he recovers soon.:flowers:

But not too frail...

I do like Philip and wish him a speedy recovery. He looked very frail in the photos of the French State visit.

He didn't seem too frail to enjoy the sight of a well dressed and attractive woman, however. He seemed to be charming the French First Lady!

I wish him all the best. A wonderful and loving mate to his Queen, a truly royal match in every sense of the term.

With no complications Prince Philip should be fine

Chest infections are very common in the elderly and often follow a cold or flu.
They need careful monitoring in people in their 80s as they can be serious, but the Duke of Edinburgh is a remarkably fit man with no known complications, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, so should make a swift recovery

Commentary: with no complications Prince Philip should be fine - Times Online

I Echo the sentiments of everyone When I Say hope hes better soon

Glad to hear that it sounds like he'll be fine!

Considering how rare it is for royalty to go to a hospital adding into the fact Prince Philp doesn't like much fuss made about him, I am very concerned...

I understand what you mean, pinkie40; and I have the same concern.

Considering how rare it is for royalty to go to a hospital adding into the fact Prince Philp doesn't like much fuss made about him, I am very concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom