Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Seating, part two

1) Countess Mountbatten of Burma; Lady Pamela Hicks; Edwina Hicks; Prince and Princess Ludwig of Baden; The Margrave and Margravine of Baden; Princess Margarita of Baden
2) Seven people unknown to me but maybe Prince George Friedrich of Prussia (von Preussen) is behind Lady Mountbatten?
3) Prince Radu Hohenzollern-Veringen and Princess Margarita of Romania
Who is Princess Ludwig?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, yeah, her absence at the Prince's dinner party was poignant, no argument there. I mean, she was the only HRH not there.

Sniggering over something
http://i11.tinypic.com/8bsxvzc.jpg
Katherine Kent was probably not at the service as she still had a cold.

In the pictures, I thought they were all amused by a comment, look at Andrew and Beatrices' faces. A typical family scene - from HM a tolerant bemused look. How wonderful.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:57 PM

I know Prince Ludwig is the son of Theodora and Berthold (late sister & brother-in law of DOE). Princess Ludwig is his wife, and I don't know "who" she is besides that. Ludwig himself was born in 1937, third child of Theodora and Berthold, the late Margrave and Margravine.

Jo of Palatine, I think Camilla continued to look sheepish because she couldn't stop smiling. The Queen doesn't look happy. Whatever was amusing Camilla and William must have been really naughty. Charles seems to have been playing as though he was temporarily deaf.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Yes, but you can see that Camilla is still smiling, so maybe the queen wanted to share in the joke....
It was probably a joke the queen told, there is nothing better than to make everybody laugh and then feign innocence.

CasiraghiTrio, I think it is a case of we see what we want to see.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Who is Princess Ludwig?
Princess Ludwig von Baden was born Anna Maria von Auersperg-Breunner, a princess from Austria's nobility. They married in 1967.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Seating, part two

1) Countess Mountbatten of Burma; Lady Pamela Hicks; Edwina Hicks; Prince and Princess Ludwig of Baden; The Margrave and Margravine of Baden; Princess Margarita of Baden
2) Seven people unknown to me but maybe Prince George Friedrich of Prussia (von Preussen) is behind Lady Mountbatten?
3) Prince Radu Hohenzollern-Veringen and Princess Margarita of Romania
behind the Badens is also Fürst Philipp zu Hohenlohe-Langeburg, grandson of Philip's sister Margarita .

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Watching the TV footage and Charles' constantly pained expression, he rather appeared to be attending a funeral than a celebration. I couldn't help wondering 'What on earth is his problem NOW'?!
It´s only his expression when he´s very touched. He shows that this service was a moving event for him. So i think it does not mean that he was in a bad mood.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Princess Ludwig von Baden was born Anna Maria von Auersperg-Breunner, a princess from Austria's nobility. They married in 1967.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 20.11.2007

The Queen and the Duke at Heathrow Airport to leave for Malta
on their diamond wedding anniversary, 20 November 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh during a walkabout
as they visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, Malta:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 11-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Iceflower, those pics are gorgeous. Especially Pic 3.

The Queen truly embodies that saying, something like "you're only as old as you feel." She looks like a little girl in her favorite candy store in these pics.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

charles looked mad all day to me.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before but I found it and couldn't help myself, gotta post it :
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/295/qeii1dj1.jpg
Who is the "Haakon" identified in the first picture?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Who is the "Haakon" identified in the first picture?
Just tossing in a guess, but King Haakon of Norway--guess he was a witness (and distant relative to both bride and groom?)
Old 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Nobility

King Haakon was the King of Norway at that time and grandmother to the present King Harald. I don't know how he was related to the Queen or Prince Philip.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
King Haakon was the King of Norway at that time and grandmother to the present King Harald. I don't know how he was related to the Queen or Prince Philip.
King Haakon of Norway was related both to Elizabeth and Philip. He was Elizabeth's great-uncle ( Haakon's wife Maud was sister of George V) He was first cousin once removed to Philip. ( Philip's grandfather King George I of Greece and Haakon's father King Frederik VIII of Denmark were brothers)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Hello! has done a special "hats gallery" with 10 beautiful large pictures showing the ladies at the service and their hats.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
1) Her Majesty
2) Autumn Kelly
3) HRH The Countess of Wessex
4) Lady Gabriella Windsor
5) HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
6) Lady Helen Taylor
7) Viscountess Linley
8) Zara Phillips
9) HRH The Princess Royal
10) HRH Princess Beatrice

Hola!
LA REINA ISABEL Y EL DUQUE DE EDIMBURGO CELEBRAN SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE CON UN SERVICIO RELIGIOSO
EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS DE INGLATERRA AGASAJA A SUS PADRES CON UNA CENA POR SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE

The Daily Mail
Philip, a diamond rock for a Queen | the Daily Mail Lovely

The London Times
Picture Gallery Pop-Up (check out the Royal Mint special faberge egg for the occasion!)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

All the best to the royal coulpe-GOD save the Queen.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Nobility

The Daily Mail article was really sweet.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen always knows what's right - Telegraph
Old 11-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

What a Wonderful Celebration of this momentous anniversary.
Heartiest Congratulations to Her Majesty and His Royal Highness.

The Star of the Show, HM The Queen looked impeccable throughout.
All her outfits were tops. Vogue was spot-on. From her outfit at the Broadlands honeymoon site re-visit, to the beautiful flowing gown at the special family dinner, the exquisite white ensemble at the anniversary church service and the pretty pink Malta outfit - what can I say?

Her immediate family and the whole Royal Clan did not disappoint either.
At the anniversary church service, her granddaughters, TRH the Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie of York and Zara Phillips looked chic - dressed appropriately and looking thoroughly modern. HRH The Princess Royal looked every inch a proud daughter.

The Royal ladies dressed in celebratory and festive styles and colours. Though I wish that TRH the Princess Alexandra, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex had chosen more 'colour' but they made up for it by their expressive hats.

HRH the Duchess of Gloucester and Lady Nicholas Windsor both looked sweet and wore pretty outfits. Lady Rose Windsor was nice and proper.

Lady Ella Windsor was her usual elegant self as was the Viscountess Linley and Autumn Kelly. Lady Helen Taylor was elegant too but me feels she looks a trifle too 'casual' for such a royal occassion.

All in all, the Royals put on a fine show in honour of the most famous Royal couple in the world and we the people have been blessed.

Tags
anniversary celebration, british royal family, clarence house, diamond wedding, duke of edinburgh, prince philip, wedding anniversary, westminster abbey