Diamond Wedding Celebrations: November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they are wearing flood pants I guess but you gotta give the Duke props for the gold shoe buckles. :flowers:

I think it's quite annoying that the Duchess of Kent didn't turn up. Was she too busy with her school? I think she sometimes forgets she's a member of the Royal Family but notice she doesn't forget the money.

Well, I guess she was there, according to the Court Circular. Though I didn't notice any pics of her arriving or leaving, so either the pics of the Duke leaving were just cut a certain way to edge her out or she kept a low profile.
I don't know if she cares about "the money" though. I'm not sure the Duke of Kent receives a lot of money.... I mean, of the "minor royals" the Gloucesters have the highest income and it's only like five figures I think. So every penny no doubt goes to official expenses and maybe does not even cover them completely.

andrew said:
The presence of HRH Princess Margarita and her husband was confirmed on Prince Radu 's site. It also states that members of the Serbian royal family were present.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...wcs/dsc_56.jpg

Prince Radu is a handsome man. Thank you for the pic. Here is the links/pics from his website:
http://www.princeradu.ro/upload/p0207U4_DSC_52.jpg
http://www.princeradu.ro/upload/p0207U4_DSC_0045.jpg
http://www.princeradu.ro/upload/p0207U4_DSC_0016.jpg
http://www.princeradu.ro/upload/p0207U4_DSC_26.jpg
Margarita has always been beautiful too. She ages gracefully, or I should say hardly.

Last edited:
If the Duchess of Kent was there she wasn't sitting with the Royals. Her husband arrived by himself with the Michaels of Kent and he sat next to Princess Alexandra. I could see all the Royals sitting together on T.V. and she wasn't among them. She wasn't even photographed going in or out so no matter what the official line is I don't think she was there.

Absolutly fantastic, you are an inexhaustible source of excellent documents.

A detail interesting, George and Elisabeth the fathers of the young bride, Kings of GB, had signed R for King or R for Queen and not K or Q. It means that they had used for their signature the latin word Rex and Reina.

you're welcome adelaide :flowers:
in males, R stands for Rex, and in females R stands for Regina ;)

The Duchess of Kent wasn't there at the party where they did that group picture though. Looked very deliberate.

Well, yeah, her absence at the Prince's dinner party was poignant, no argument there. I mean, she was the only HRH not there.

Anyway, moving on........ :D

Here is a pic (from Reuters) showing the little joke that had Camilla and William so amused, they couldn't contain themselves, and probably the Queen was telling them off for their undignified behavior a moment later.......
Sniggering over something
Oh dear, Her Majesty isn't impressed (and Charles looks nervous, for how can he get between his mother and his wife?) :D
http://i11.tinypic.com/8bsxvzc.jpg
William, meanwhile, is further amused at Camilla being in "trouble". Camilla looks rather sheepish.... Like a schoolgirl caught sniggering in class.... :)
Well, that's just my interpretation of the going on. :cool:

Seating, part two

1) Countess Mountbatten of Burma; Lady Pamela Hicks; Edwina Hicks; Prince and Princess Ludwig of Baden; The Margrave and Margravine of Baden; Princess Margarita of Baden
2) Seven people unknown to me :confused: but maybe Prince George Friedrich of Prussia (von Preussen) is behind Lady Mountbatten?
3) Prince Radu Hohenzollern-Veringen and Princess Margarita of Romania

First, I think that everyone looked great. Second, I love the fact that Camilla and William did get into a bit of trouble. It shows that they get along well together. I think that the day turned out great for the Queen and DOE. The Queen looked so wonderful!!!

Well, yeah, her absence at the Prince's dinner party was poignant, no argument there. I mean, she was the only HRH not there.

Anyway, moving on........ :D

Here is a pic (from Reuters) showing the little joke that had Camilla and William so amused, they couldn't contain themselves, and probably the Queen was telling them off for their undignified behavior a moment later.......
Sniggering over something
Oh dear, Her Majesty isn't impressed (and Charles looks nervous, for how can he get between his mother and his wife?) :D
http://i11.tinypic.com/8bsxvzc.jpg
William, meanwhile, is further amused at Camilla being in "trouble". Camilla looks rather sheepish.... Like a schoolgirl caught sniggering in class.... :)
Well, that's just my interpretation of the going on. :cool:

Yes, but you can see that Camilla is still smiling, so maybe the queen wanted to share in the joke.... :flowers:

Seating, part two

1) Countess Mountbatten of Burma; Lady Pamela Hicks; Edwina Hicks; Prince and Princess Ludwig of Baden; The Margrave and Margravine of Baden; Princess Margarita of Baden
2) Seven people unknown to me :confused: but maybe Prince George Friedrich of Prussia (von Preussen) is behind Lady Mountbatten?

Who is Princess Ludwig?

I know Prince Ludwig is the son of Theodora and Berthold (late sister & brother-in law of DOE). Princess Ludwig is his wife, and I don't know "who" she is besides that. Ludwig himself was born in 1937, third child of Theodora and Berthold, the late Margrave and Margravine.

Jo of Palatine, :D I think Camilla continued to look sheepish because she couldn't stop smiling. The Queen doesn't look happy. Whatever was amusing Camilla and William must have been really naughty. :lol: Charles seems to have been playing as though he was temporarily deaf. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, but you can see that Camilla is still smiling, so maybe the queen wanted to share in the joke.... :flowers:
It was probably a joke the queen told, there is nothing better than to make everybody laugh and then feign innocence. :flowers:

CasiraghiTrio, I think it is a case of we see what we want to see. :flowers:

Seating, part two

behind the Badens is also Fürst Philipp zu Hohenlohe-Langeburg, grandson of Philip's sister Margarita .

Watching the TV footage and Charles' constantly pained expression, he rather appeared to be attending a funeral than a celebration. I couldn't help wondering 'What on earth is his problem NOW'?! :ermm:

It´s only his expression when he´s very touched. He shows that this service was a moving event for him. So i think it does not mean that he was in a bad mood.

Pics 20.11.2007

The Queen and the Duke at Heathrow Airport to leave for Malta
on their diamond wedding anniversary, 20 November 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh during a walkabout
as they visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, Malta:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Iceflower, those pics are gorgeous. Especially Pic 3.

The Queen truly embodies that saying, something like "you're only as old as you feel." She looks like a little girl in her favorite candy store in these pics.

Who is the "Haakon" identified in the first picture?
Just tossing in a guess, but King Haakon of Norway--guess he was a witness (and distant relative to both bride and groom?)

King Haakon was the King of Norway at that time and grandmother to the present King Harald. I don't know how he was related to the Queen or Prince Philip.

King Haakon was the King of Norway at that time and grandmother to the present King Harald. I don't know how he was related to the Queen or Prince Philip.

King Haakon of Norway was related both to Elizabeth and Philip. He was Elizabeth's great-uncle ( Haakon's wife Maud was sister of George V) He was first cousin once removed to Philip. ( Philip's grandfather King George I of Greece and Haakon's father King Frederik VIII of Denmark were brothers)

Hello! has done a special "hats gallery" with 10 beautiful large pictures showing the ladies at the service and their hats.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
1) Her Majesty
2) Autumn Kelly
3) HRH The Countess of Wessex
4) Lady Gabriella Windsor
5) HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
6) Lady Helen Taylor
7) Viscountess Linley
8) Zara Phillips
9) HRH The Princess Royal
10) HRH Princess Beatrice

Hola!
LA REINA ISABEL Y EL DUQUE DE EDIMBURGO CELEBRAN SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE CON UN SERVICIO RELIGIOSO
EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS DE INGLATERRA AGASAJA A SUS PADRES CON UNA CENA POR SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE

The Daily Mail
Philip, a diamond rock for a Queen | the Daily Mail Lovely :photo:

The London Times
Picture Gallery Pop-Up (check out the Royal Mint special faberge egg for the occasion!)

Last edited:
What a Wonderful Celebration of this momentous anniversary.
Heartiest Congratulations to Her Majesty and His Royal Highness.

The Star of the Show, HM The Queen looked impeccable throughout.
All her outfits were tops. Vogue was spot-on. From her outfit at the Broadlands honeymoon site re-visit, to the beautiful flowing gown at the special family dinner, the exquisite white ensemble at the anniversary church service and the pretty pink Malta outfit - what can I say?

Her immediate family and the whole Royal Clan did not disappoint either.
At the anniversary church service, her granddaughters, TRH the Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie of York and Zara Phillips looked chic - dressed appropriately and looking thoroughly modern. HRH The Princess Royal looked every inch a proud daughter.

The Royal ladies dressed in celebratory and festive styles and colours. Though I wish that TRH the Princess Alexandra, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex had chosen more 'colour' but they made up for it by their expressive hats.

HRH the Duchess of Gloucester and Lady Nicholas Windsor both looked sweet and wore pretty outfits. Lady Rose Windsor was nice and proper.

Lady Ella Windsor was her usual elegant self as was the Viscountess Linley and Autumn Kelly. Lady Helen Taylor was elegant too but me feels she looks a trifle too 'casual' for such a royal occassion.

All in all, the Royals put on a fine show in honour of the most famous Royal couple in the world and we the people have been blessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom