The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
It appears princess Beatrice has some suitable evening clothes after all!

Evil but funny....

Ya know Her Majesty probably loves it, though. I can imagine her peppering Bea with questions over their partridge or whatever.... "So what is Kate Moss doing....."

Articles and Pictures
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh celebrate diamond wedding anniversary - Times Online (four pics; everyone looks so nice, esp. the York girls, loving their coats and hats)
BBC NEWS | UK | Queen celebrates diamond wedding
Archbishop salutes queen's faithfulness in marriage and on the throne - International Herald Tribune
Resilient Queen marks 60 years of marriage | Lifestyle | Reuters
EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS DE INGLATERRA AGASAJA A SUS PADRES CON UNA CENA POR SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE
Nostalgic time for Queen and Prince Philip as celebrations begin

Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Too bad there isn't a picture of the Queen and Duke with their grandchildren only. I would love to have seen little Lady Louise in an official portrait.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:03 AM

What a lovely service, link to the pdf order of service: http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/pdf/Or...%2019Nov07.pdf

The Service was what one would expect, very traditional and Prince William read the lesson which was a nice touch. It was also nice that the 10 diamond couples were presented after the service.

What a pity though there was no luncehon or speeches in the mansion house.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM

Oh good , the order of service finally up. Well, here is the direct link of the BBC's video showing the highlights from the service.

BBC News Player - Queen celebrates anniversary

you can avoid the echo by just waiting for it to start, don't hit play or anything.... just wait!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM

Also a link to the archbishop's address: http://www.westminster-abbey.org/pdf...Canterbury.pdf

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 AM

More Pictures
Gallery from Getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

* David and Samantha Cameron
* ex-King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie
* Dame Judy Dench

And the royal family of course....

Polfoto Picture of the German relatives who weren't able to attend the 1947 wedding because of the.... well you know

And in case anyone missed having the Blairs around Tony Blair is in Palestine....
Old 11-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Everyone looks just wonderful! And, Princess Anne looks very nice, not at all frumpy like she usually does.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for the links to this lovely occasion. the official portrait is beautiful, i'm sure her majesty was so happy to have her whole family for the dinner. the ladies look fabulous, especially princess anne i've never seen her look more beautiful, elegant and dare i say sexy! i'm just blown away how lovely she looks. sophie looks glowing with happiness. the duchess looks pretty in her green velvet and big smile. you can see all the happiness and love in everybody's eyes i hope the royal couple had a wonderful celebration and wish them all the happiness and best wishes my heart can hold.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

What a lovely fresh color on the Queen at the dinner last night. She is still an astoundingly beautiful woman, and I think that she might be truly happy, it reflects in her eyes, and she looks well rested as well!

In any case, I hope that I am lucky enough to make it to 60 years! But I imagine that it is a heap of hard work, and I only have a regular life!

It seems that they are going back to their beloved Malta to celebrate. I imagine that Malta is very special to them, as they were able to just be a normal couple, or at least as normal as they could be, in Malta!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Family members gather to share thanksgiving with Queen Elizabeth

To mark their diamond wedding anniversary, the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended a special thanksgiving service on Monday at Westminster Abbey – where they married 60 years ago. And, as it did six decades ago, the rain stopped and the sun came out just as the royal couple arrived. Wearing a dress coat in bridal white with sparkling diamante buttons and matching hat, the 81-year-old monarch was greeted with a trumpet fanfare as she entered the abbey alongside her consort of six decades.

Pictures:

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew and Princess Anne

The monarch looked radiant in a white, diamond-themed ensemble with diamante buttons and sparkling hat jewel

Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princes William and Harry were among the 30 family members present at the thanksgiving service in Westminster Abbey
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Everyone looks just wonderful! And, Princess Anne looks very nice, not at all frumpy like she usually does.
I noticed that. Her Majesty, Eugenie and Helen looked stylish as well. Everyone looked great.
This is my favorite picture:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8518/77977897uc0.jpg
getty
Old 11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to HM and HRH...God bless.

The Getty pictures are fantastic. Thank you for posting those.

I would love to see two more pictures. The Queen and Duke with ALL their grandchildren, and the ENTIRE royal family together for once. What I mean is also the children and grandchildren of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester, and the Earl of Harewood and his entire family. What a lovely picture that would make.

And royal or not, they are all still family and it would be a lovely shot to see.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM

Christina, you found a delightful picture, The Queen and The Duke in the car. Maybe HM presented him with something from her mysterious, ever-fascinating handbag..... a little something just between them.
Another charming picture: Galerías de imágenes

Lady M, it would be awesome to see all the Lascelles family join in such a picture. We have never seen that. We see almost everyone at the Trooping on the balcony, but never the Lascelles branch of the family. If only....

The Queen, Anne, the York girls all look lovely. Camilla looks good; I like the upper bit of her outfit, but the hat and the skirt part are a bit out there. The hat kind of makes her look like she has sprouted antlers, trying to be a reindeer for Christmas I guess.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Nobility

I loved what the Queen wore and Beatrice and Eugenie. Anne looked really wonderful also. I really liked William's reading, and Judi Dench's reading, I thought it summed them up really well.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Polfoto Picture of the German relatives who weren't able to attend the 1947 wedding because of the.... well you know
Who weren't able to attend the wedding because.... they were too young.
The Margrave, Margarethe and Ludwig are the children of Philip's sister Theodora. Okay, Margarethe was already 17 then, she could have been invited...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp View Post
nice to see the extended family all in one pic....I wonder if we will get any close up shots at the royal ladies...I sort of want to see Autumn Kelly's dress.......it is also mentioned in one of the article that Autumn Kelly and Peter Phillips are due to marry in Windsor Castle next year?? is that confirmed ???
Yes, the photograph of the entire Royal Family together is lovely. The thanksgiving service was very moving, it was wonderful to see this loving royal couple celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Despite all of the adversity they've had to deal with over the years, they forged a loving bond that withstood the test of time. It's almost awe-inspiring when you think about it!

I read that Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly are due to marry in May of next year, and Prince William will be the best man!

Edinburgh Evening News - Edinburgh - William set to be best man for city royal

PRINCE William is set to be best man at the wedding of an Edinburgh-based member of the royal family.
Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips, 29, is to marry his Canadian fiancee, Autumn Kelly, 31, at Windsor Castle next May.

I'm glad they've set a date, it's exciting having another royal wedding to look forward to. I hope Autumn and Peter have a long and happy life together, and that they stay married at least as long as his grandparents.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Camilla looks very, very elegant in the brown outfit
Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Any ideas if any other Royal attended from abroad, I seen King Constantine of The Hellenes on TV but noone else, unusual compared to the 1997 service.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Who weren't able to attend the wedding because.... they were too young.
The Margrave, Margarethe and Ludwig are the children of Philip's sister Theodora. Okay, Margarethe was already 17 then, she could have been invited...
No, I know and understand that........ It's not what I meant. I know these are the descendents......... but thanks for the effort of pointing it out. I guess people assume it has to be spelled out for me or otherwise I won't understand.... for whatever reason....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Lady Gabriella Windsor is one of the most elegant in this event. IMO

Tags
anniversary celebration, british royal family, clarence house, diamond wedding, duke of edinburgh, prince philip, wedding anniversary, westminster abbey