The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

Celebrations for
Queen Elizabeth II's 90th Birthday
will take place in May and June 2016

Old 05-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

HM's 90th birthday thread is closed so I'll put this here

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
'The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration' @HMQ_90, in the Home Park at Windsor from 12-15 May 2016, has been launched: http://www.hmq90.co.uk

Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM
Royal Highness

The thread about the Queen's 90th birthday should either be opened / modified or maybe a new thread should be opened? There is new information today.

Home The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

Royal Windsor Horse Show to host The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

Quote:
Royal Windsor Horse Show, an event that takes place for the 73rd time this year, will host one of the main celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday from 13th – 16th May 2016.
Queen's 90th birthday event to celebrate 'love of horses' - BBC News

Plans for Queen's 90th birthday party revealed - ITV News

National celebrations planned for The Queen's 90th birthday next year

Quote:
But in April and May of 2016 there will be plenty of festivities to mark yet another significant moment in an already historic reign. And, fittingly, this special celebration will be centred around The Queen’s lifelong passion for horses – everyone should get to spend their birthday just how they want to, after all.
BBC misses out on showing Queen's 90th birthday celebrations after Jubilee criticism - Telegraph

It's ITV One: Queen 'snubs BBC' for coverage of her 90th birthday celebrations after criticism of Jubilee 'farce' | Daily Mail Online

The Queen doesn't snubs anything. The palace has decided that itv should broadcast it.

Quote:
There was also a mistaken description of the Queen as 'HRH' – rather than 'Her Majesty'.
This is something the BBC and the Daily Fail have in common.

Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate 90th birthday with 7,000 at horse-themed Windsor party | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
The Royal Household is expected to make further announcements later this year about other events marking the Queen's 90th birthday on April 21 2016. On September 9 this year, she will become Britain¹s longest reigning monarch, surpassing Queen Victoria, who reigned for 63 years and 216 days.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Can't wait to hear about the other celebrations plans. I think there will be a year long of celebrations planned. I hope tons of European royals will be making their way to take part in the celebrations.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Can't wait to hear about the other celebrations plans. I think there will be a year long of celebrations planned. I hope tons of European royals will be making their way to take part in the celebrations.
That would be so nice and a grand event for sure but I'm kind of thinking that HM wouldn't personally want a lot of fuss and bother over a personal birthday. I'm sure she realizes that her people think its a wonderful milestone to reach 90 years old and she's accepted that there will be celebrations but as far as international royals and heads of state, I think her way of thinking is that this kind of gala would be more for events centered on the monarchy itself such as the Diamond Jubilee was.

Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree. Its that kind of day.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

I'm almost sure that no head of state / foreign royals will be invited to attend these or other events to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday. For my part, I prefer it that way.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That would be so nice and a grand event for sure but I'm kind of thinking that HM wouldn't personally want a lot of fuss and bother over a personal birthday. I'm sure she realizes that her people think its a wonderful milestone to reach 90 years old and she's accepted that there will be celebrations but as far as international royals and heads of state, I think her way of thinking is that this kind of gala would be more for events centered on the monarchy itself such as the Diamond Jubilee was.

Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree. Its that kind of day.
I would think it's very important for at least some foreign royals to attend her 90th Birthday celebrations next year. I'm not expecting any foreign royals to attend the Windsor events but the other celebrations that's being planned. I'm sure they will be a service of thanksgiving at Westminster or St. Paul's. Also, I think there will be a reception and dinner too.

The British royals need to get with the program when it comes to celebrating a major milestone like this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The British royals need to get with the program when it comes to celebrating a major milestone like this.
Its a personal milestone though and not one related to the monarchy like perhaps when HM surpasses Queen Victoria as the longest reigning monarch in history. I don't think HM would even want to celebrate that milestone to be honest. If there is one person that isn't in it for the accolades, fame and glory and self satisfaction in things, it'd be HM.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-15-2015, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Its a personal milestone though and not one related to the monarchy like perhaps when HM surpasses Queen Victoria as the longest reigning monarch in history. I don't think HM would even want to celebrate that milestone to be honest. If there is one person that isn't in it for the accolades, fame and glory and self satisfaction in things, it'd be HM.
It is a milestone related to the Monarchy. No other Monarch in British history has reached the age of 90. If Her Majesty's health hold up, next years celebrations should be grand for a great grand old lady. The UK, Commonwealth and world will be coming together to celebrate her birthday and years of service.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It is a milestone related to the Monarchy. No other Monarch in British history has reached the age of 90. If Her Majesty's health hold up, next years celebrations should be grand for a great grand old lady. The UK, Commonwealth and world will be coming together to celebrate her birthday and years of service.
Maybe I stated it wrong but my intent was to say that her birthday is a personal one and not related to the monarchy as her surpassing Queen Victoria as longest reigning monarch in history is.

We'll just have to wait and see what the level of celebrations are going to be. Whatever they are, I sure hope I get to see them all.
― John Lennon
Old 05-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I can see an event with other people who turn ninety in the same year. I remember the palace doing a similar for her and Philip's anniversaries. Maybe a black tie dinner with the extended royal family?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I can see an event with other people who turn ninety in the same year. I remember the palace doing a similar for her and Philip's anniversaries. Maybe a black tie dinner with the extended royal family?
That sounds nice. I think what celebrations there are will not be grand because 90 is very old and circumstances can change quickly, health wise Also, Prince Philip is already not in the best of health so that will be a factor in what celebrations will occur.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Maybe I stated it wrong but my intent was to say that her birthday is a personal one and not related to the monarchy as her surpassing Queen Victoria as longest reigning monarch in history is.

We'll just have to wait and see what the level of celebrations are going to be. Whatever they are, I sure hope I get to see them all.
Not the longest reigning monarch in history. British maybe...
Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Not the longest reigning monarch in history. British maybe...
Oooops! Thanks for the correction. Longest reigning British monarch it is.
― John Lennon
Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would think Her Majesty's 90th would be a little similar to The late Queen Mother's 90th Birthday.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Events to mark Queen’s 90th birthday announced by Palace-
Events to mark Queen’s 90th birthday announced by Palace

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

More on the Patron's lunch street party on the Mall, which I'm sure the Queen and Duke will greatly enjoy.

Mall to stage royal charities meal - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Old 07-09-2015, 01:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Events to mark The Queen's 90th birthday:

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral.

Saturday 11th June: Her Majesty accompanied by Members of the Royal Family will attend at The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade.

Sunday 12th June: The Queen will attend the Patron's Lunch, a celebration of Her Majesty's patronage of over 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...hbirthday.aspx

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 AM
Royal Highness

Queen's 90th celebrated with street party for thousands - BBC News

The Queen to join 10,000 people in 90th birthday street party on The Mall - ITV News

Mega street party on The Mall will celebrate Queen's 90th birthday - Telegraph

The Queen's 90th birthday to be celebrated with hamper lunch on The Mall | Daily Mail Online

Home The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...hbirthday.aspx

13th – 16th May: Royal Windsor Horse Show, an event that takes place for the 73rd time this year, will host one of the main celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday. Each evening the event will be attended by a member of The Royal Family, with HM The Queen attending on the final evening.

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral.

Saturday 11th June: Her Majesty accompanied by Members of the Royal Family will attend at The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade.

Sunday 12th June: The Queen will attend the Patron's Lunch, a celebration of Her Majesty's patronage of over 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952.

And even more events is set to be announced by the palace later this year.

Events to mark Queen’s 90th birthday announced by Palace
Quote:
The first announcement on events to mark The Queen’s 90th birthday next year has been given by Buckingham Palace today, with main events centring around The Queen’s Birthday Parade in mid-June, and with more set to be announced later in the year.
The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations is similar to her 80th birthday celebrations in 2006.

I wonder if anything is planned for her actual birthday? On April 21, 2006: She did a walkabout in Windsor, and in the evening, she attended a private family dinner organized by Prince Charles at Kew Palace. The family came outside to watch the fireworks set off for the occasion.

The Queen's 80th birthday 2006.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/T...thday2006.aspx

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: The Queen's Birthday

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/s...allery_5_3.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/573...aV11MRsw%3d%3d

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/573...waoQRbnig2A%3d

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/...-2.ss_full.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/573...TmlqdTRA%3d%3d

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/573...l1X5vniFvPg%3d

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/573...CzyQK6Qg%3d%3d

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/573...c7yRxuKg%3d%3d

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/712...VYqy0erQ%3d%3d

Old 07-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Well done luv, go tell the Queen how to run her own 90th birthday.
Can I just be a fly on the wall and watch the DoE react to you?