90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BBC commentary is on mute, bring back Huw Edwards.

I just adore that Peter is sat next to his grandmother, her face lit up when she Britannia.

Yeah, also of the family behind her, lady Louise, P.Edward, Lady Sarah Chatto... they really liked that :)

I loved William and The Queen's speeches. Also, I liked that William, Catherine and Harry took a prominent role in accompanying The Queen and Prince Philip at this event. The future face of the Monarchy are always being highlighted at these celebrations.

I thought it would've been nice if Peter gave a speech. I guess he left that to William.

Oh my... I thought the queen was going to get emotional once she saw the model of the Britannia... she looks so happy and so lovely in cherise! Wonderful

Princess Michael of Kent taking pics with her smartphone :lol:

The royals are beyond busy. Tomorrow is Garter day!

The royals are beyond busy. Tomorrow is Garter day!

Us royal bloggers have a busy two weeks ;);)

The famous handbag, needed to be black though!

Last edited:
I think The Queen is genuinely emotional right now.

Princess Michael of Kent taking pics with her smartphone :lol:

Do you think she'll get the same amount of scrutiny that one of the York Princesses did when doing the same the horse show? :)

Do you think she'll get the same amount of scrutiny that one of the York Princesses did when doing the same the horse show? :)

No as it was debatable whether Beatrice was taking pictures, whereas it's quite clear when Marie is doing. :flowers:

The high heels on the royal ladies walking about, DOC, Sophie, Bea, etc just dont seem right to meon this ocassion. Possible P Anne has lower shoes for the walkabout? Her outfit seems right to me for once!

Unfortunately Prince Henry broached the subject of Brexit with a dairy farmer and remarked that he wasn't allowed to comment on the topic.

Ah ok I knew about the coming vote...didn't realize there was shorthand for it <G>

LaRae

From the Queen's speech:

I much appreciate the kindness of all your birthday wishes and I’ve been delighted and moved by the many cards and messages I have received. How I will feel if people are still singing Happy Birthday in December remains to be seen.

Loved it! :ROFLMAO:

I think The Queen is genuinely emotional right now.

She's truly loved and respected by everyone. Young, old -for monarchy or against- comes out to celebrate her life. Whenever she make her transition, she will be terribly missed by all.

I teared up during her speech, and I haven't enough words to describe this amazing lady.

The BBC commentary is ridiculous.

I agree. Talking about the Queen having the DNA of English Kings and Queens before the millennium and therefore know how to handle situations. We all have the DNA of English Kings, dear BBC. We all. You and me. The Norman William the Conqueror himself was an 11th generation descendant of the German Charlemagne, we can say that almost the whole of native Europe has a royal ancestor somewhere. For once I was mistaken for having zapped to the Teletubbies instead of the BBC.

I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.

I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.

Charles and Camilla chose to underline the community aspect of the event outside London, as such they organised their very own picnic for their community around Highgrove. Plus it was a nice opportunity to let the young generation take centre stage in London.

I have a simple (some might say dumb) question. What do you call that blue that was used all over at the Patron's Lunch? Here in the US, I have always known it as Tiffany Blue but have no idea if that's simply an Americanism. Lovely shade though.

Back
Top Bottom