Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Tiffany blue is quite accurate.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo:
Bird leading the way for the royal party-
World of Windsor : A great shot by@byemilyandrews of the #Queen,...

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Majesty

I saw a news clip from the event and I noticed during the parade that some people in green vests walked beside the participants and they looked so out of place! Especially a woman in a green west walking right beside a highland band!
What on earth was that for? I mean surely people can figure out how to walk down a fenced street?

Anyway, I noticed a young member of the BRF, a teenage girl in a white coat, during the walkabout who talked to people. It was actually very sweet to look at, because she was obviously not used to talking to people and sh spoke a bit too low, there were a couple of times when she had to repeat what she said. Probably a bit shy.

Thanks to all who have posted updates and trivia. No one mentioned, no one left out.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I applaud Mr. Peter Philips and all the workers and countless volunteers who put this patrons lunch together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I applaud Mr. Peter Philips and all the workers and countless volunteers who put this patrons lunch together.
It really seemed to be a wonderful event enjoyed by all. And the young girl in the white coat was Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, the Earl of Essex's young daughter. This was her first walk about and kudos to her- she did a fantastic job. She's only twelve- I couldn't have done that at twelve.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I saw a news clip from the event and I noticed during the parade that some people in green vests walked beside the participants and they looked so out of place! Especially a woman in a green west walking right beside a highland band!
What on earth was that for? I mean surely people can figure out how to walk down a fenced street?

Anyway, I noticed a young member of the BRF, a teenage girl in a white coat, during the walkabout who talked to people. It was actually very sweet to look at, because she was obviously not used to talking to people and sh spoke a bit too low, there were a couple of times when she had to repeat what she said. Probably a bit shy.

Thanks to all who have posted updates and trivia. No one mentioned, no one left out.

Muhler, I believe the teenage girl in question is Lady Louise Windsor, daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex. This was her first walkabout.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Majesty

Only twelve? No wonder if she was a little shy.
She looked older. - Not like a child.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.
Today is the Big Lunch. Camilla is patron. She attends each year.
She presented a 'homemade' cake to the event.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkwODgIW0AA5uMe.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkvsqynWsAE9_9R.jpg:large

The Big Lunch is an annual event held each June which aims to get as many people as possible to have lunch together, in their neighborhoods, in order to encourage a community spirit throughout the country.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Lady Louise borrowed her mums handbag;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkwLuMpXIAAI733.jpg
Oh my, she is such a little lady!! She is so brave to walk about on her own. I would be shaking in my shoes.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To quote an old Irish Rovers tune "Oh me oh me oh my.... wasn't that a party!"

Thousands upon thousands of people have gathered all over to pay special tribute to a beloved monarch that turned 90 this year. Happy, joyous and times to remember, this past weekend has proven to me that people can come together by the thousands in peace and harmony with one specific goal in mind. To celebrate the life of someone they admire, love and respect that has served her people since 1952.

As we face today what's happened in Orlando with a senseless mass shooting, it makes me appreciate even more how much HM, The Queen is an uniting force for her people, her country and a iconic presence all over this blue rock we call Earth.

God save The Queen!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Beautiful family picture taken by the Duke of York!

https://twitter.com/ianvogler/status/742014765594255360
Quote:
Lady Louise borrowed her mums handbag;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkwLuMpXIAAI733.jpg

Thanks for posting these lovely pictures.

Louise looks great.

Andrew showed his softer side.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Serene Highness

I have mixed feelings about Patron's Lunch. On the one hand it was good idea, it was really nice to see the queen in her queenmobile, royals, talking with people, the parade. On the other hand, i don't like visual part of this event. Royal family sat too far from other people, in some kind of vacuum. And it wasn't fan to look at wet, eating people with long empty street nearby.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

I thought it was a lovely event, its unlikely to be repeated in the future so as a one of it was nice. I think it was a good idea to celebrate by gathering the Queen's charities together. I know some people don't think it was a good idea but it ended up being a fun day for all involved.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That's very brave!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

The Patron's lunch in full from BBC One:
Old 06-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
"I thanked her for coming especially in the rain and she told me it was her first walkabout," said Eve Pollecoff, 86, who had the chat with the young royal. "I asked her if it was difficult talking to strange people. She said it was a bit daunting but she had a great example in her father."
Reference - Hello Magazine

Lady Louise's reply when asked about her first walk about. How sweet of her to say she had her dad's example to follow. She seems to grown up recently.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Reference - Hello Magazine

Lady Louise's reply when asked about her first walk about. How sweet of her to say she had her dad's example to follow. She seems to grown up recently.
That was done in style, especially considering her age.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I have a simple (some might say dumb) question. What do you call that blue that was used all over at the Patron's Lunch? Here in the US, I have always known it as Tiffany Blue but have no idea if that's simply an Americanism. Lovely shade though.
You could call it robins egg blue
Old 06-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.
Charles and Camilla at The Big Lunch street party in Gloucestershire:
Why Prince Charles was a no-show at the Patron's Lunch
Little boy asks Prince "Do you speak German?" | West Country (E) - ITV News
Queen's 90th birthday: Charles and Camilla celebrate - Billionaires Newswire
Old 06-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Thank you for all the photos.

Louise was very grown up and did very very well. I love the comment about following her father's example.

I think it was great that Charles and Camilla chose to celebrate in Gloucestershire. It emphasised that the celebrations weren't just for people in London. I also enjoyed the videos of Charles speaking German with the young lad and singing the Welsh national anthem (in Gloucestershire, England??).

The colour of the Queen's outfit really suits her and stands out.

Finally, I love the shot of Prince Andrew lining up the family for a group photo.