The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know that Phillip, Charles, William, Anne and Edward Kent are the Royal Colonels of the regiments which participate in the Trooping of the Color and this may be the reason that Harry is in a carriage. Phillip and Edward no longer ride horseback due to age/health reasons but wear their regimental uniforms.

I predict that in the future we will likely see Harry joining his brother on horseback should he become a Colonel of the regiment when a vacancy occurs.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

Thank you to those who shared the photos of Trooping the Colour today.
It was wonderful to see so many of HM's family on the balcony, although I agree that it would have been nice to see Savannah and Isla as well as Mia, though at least their parents went. George and Charlotte were super cute, and they appear to be lively and curious little ones - Charlotte seemed to appreciate the event and didn't seem to be too bothered by all the noise. Nice to see Lord Nicholas's sons there too and Lady Helen Taylor's children.

I also caught up on the thanksgiving service this afternoon, and it was a nice watch. I liked the music a lot, I thought it was rather peaceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I´m pretty sure to have seen Viscount Linley´s children?! Charles has been seen quite long sitting next to his mother and sister, while his mother talked to the Css of Wessex who sat right in front of them in the 1st row with James and Louise before HM and Pr Philip arrived.
To be fair, I didn't get to watch the service and didn't see photos of their children yesterday, since as I said in the part of my post that wasn't quoted here, I was busy for most of the day. However, you're right, now after watching the coverage and seeing photos here, I have been corrected and they were indeed present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Charles and Margarita are pictured here with their mother;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkliT1dWkAAuUmI.jpg

Can't believe Margarita is 14!
Thanks, Lumutqueen. I can't believe that Margarita is either, I still remember her as the excitable bridesmaid at William and Catherine's wedding. How time flies!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-11-2016, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Why does Harry ride in the carriage and not with the others like Will, Charles and Anne?? I know he is no longer active duty but either are the others. What is Edward wearing by the way? He is in a kilt from the bare legs. Only time I recall seeing them in kilts is when they are in Scotland.
William, Charles and Anne ride because they are Colonels of their respective regiments. The Prince of Wales for the Welsh Guards, Duke of Kent for the Scots Guards, Princess Royal for the Blues and Royals, and the Duke of Cambridge for the Irish Guards.

Henry would most likely become Colonel of The Blues and Royals but it's a rank currently held by his aunt.

The Duke of Kent no longer rides due to the stroke he suffered in 2013.

Prince Edward wears his London Regiment uniform as their Honorary Royal Colonel.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Charles needs to practice his neutral looks or smile more.
He really DOESN'T.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
He really DOESN'T.
You are absolutely right. Prince Charles is fully entitled to have a normal non-smiling facial expression.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I know that Phillip, Charles, William, Anne and Edward Kent are the Royal Colonels of the regiments which participate in the Trooping of the Color and this may be the reason that Harry is in a carriage. Phillip and Edward no longer ride horseback due to age/health reasons but wear their regimental uniforms.

I predict that in the future we will likely see Harry joining his brother on horseback should he become a Colonel of the regiment when a vacancy occurs.

Harry is probably behind his uncles for a guards regiment colonelship. Andrew doesn't have one and Edward's is a reserve unit not a regular army one. There will be a bunch of colonel switching when the Queen and Philip pass. Charles as King will be colonel in chief for all the guards regiments. William will probably go over to the Welsh guards replacing his father. So 4 of 5 guards regiments will probably have new colonels in the oncoming years.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Pictures:
The Patrons Lunch set up has begun-
World of Windsor : And so the build begins @thepatronslunch...

A very happy family moment on the balcony-
Love all things Harry&The Cambridges
That is the sweetest picture of the Cambridges. They do look truly happy.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I´m pretty sure to have seen Viscount Linley´s children?! Charles has been seen quite long sitting next to his mother and sister, while his mother talked to the Css of Wessex who sat right in front of them in the 1st row with James and Louise before HM and Pr Philip arrived.
Lord Linley's children are listed as attending in the CC,

The only absentee other than the very young was the Duchess of Kent. She usually attends the major church service events so I am wondering if she is ill?
Old 06-12-2016, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

The only absentee other than the very young was the Duchess of Kent. She usually attends the major church service events so I am wondering if she is ill?
I had been wondering the same thing. She usually attends the big extended family events at least. I hope the Duchess is okay. These folks are old now so you never know.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2016, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

BBC News Channel and Sky News are already outside the palace, and our matchless Queen (media saying, but I agree of course ) is praised as no other again.

Thr Sky News Coverage has been enormous, almost as big as the Jubilee and much bigger than in 2006, and very very pro Queen as usual, but also pro monarchy.

Adam Bolton Have spoken to former pm's John Major and Tony Blair. Adam said on TV that HM is above politics, but know more than no other whats goes on in the political arena. He also said that HM have built an quiet influence since 1952 and that no Prime Minister will dare challenge the Queen. And I love all the very pro monarchy experts they have on air. Peter is doing a good job, he is aready in The Mall.

The BBC Coverage are even bigger and better, and very, very, very, very pro Queen, and very pro monarchy (even the royal reporters) and the experts are very good.

BBC Breakfast/News Channel are mainly about the Queen and they are outside Buckingham Palace and live around the country where people have street parties.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Royal Highness

Peter was live on BBC Breakfast and when he was asked about the prices on the tickets for the the Patron's Lunch, he said the same as he did one Sky News yesterday. He said, this was my idea and it's not a state funded event, and we have to pay the workers.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Thank, Royal Norway.

I presume you are going to spoil us again today with running updates?

In one of the many small portraits of QEII on DK-TV yesterday it was said that QEII apparently got on well with all the twelve PMs under her reign - except for Margaret Thatcher, it was said they never developed a good rapport. - And illustrated it with a hilarious clip from Spitting Image.

Here is a pic from the clip: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/On-okY7cVhM/hqdefault.jpg
Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Haven´t seen Lord Linley himself in the cathedral, only Serena and the kids...
Old 06-12-2016, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Patron Lunch: Live Coverage on BBC One at 1:15PM-
BBC One - The Queen's 90th Birthday
BBC One - The Queen's 90th Birthday, The Patron's Lunch

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank, Royal Norway.

I presume you are going to spoil us again today with running updates?

In one of the many small portraits of QEII on DK-TV yesterday it was said that QEII apparently got on well with all the twelve PMs under her reign - except for Margaret Thatcher, it was said they never developed a good rapport. - And illustrated it with a hilarious clip from Spitting Image.

Here is a pic from the clip: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/On-okY7cVhM/hqdefault.jpg
Thanks Mhuler! The Queen and Margaret Thatcher (who I'm not a fan of) were very different. We have from very reliable sources that HM saw Thatcher as a somewhat cold lady who didn't care for poor people.

BBC Breakfast have finished on BBC One, but the Coverage continues with Updates from BBC News Channel/Sky News betwen regular News - they've just sent live from Bristol and people were very enthusiastic with pictueres of HM and stuff.

I would have liked to be with my British mother, stepfather and half-brothers who live in the UK, but since I now live permanently in Norway with my own familly and work in my Norwegian father's family business, so I have to be here. But I took time off on Friday and have watched BBC One/News Channel, ITV through this the app Mediahhh, and I have access to Sky News as everyone has in Norway.

Sky News have spoken to HM's former cook and BBC News Channel have spoken to several royal authors and former advisers to the Queen. They all says that she's makes oss proud to be British and spoke about how beloved she is, and how much she have done for charity and the country, even the BBC host said she has a spesial place in the British peoples hearts.

BBC is on The Mall again and it's raining, but the patronages says they are so proud to have HM as patron.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Majesty

Here in DK TV is running non-stop about the BRF and QEII in particular from 10.40 this forenoon to 01.45 tonight!
Albeit on one of the secondary, but nevertheless still high-rate, channels that is specifically aimed at the 40+ age group.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Very funny to see ordinary people in the royal parks in London, braving the weather to celebrate. BBC is reporting from Bristol again, the weather are better there than it was earlier.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

We are off to a Picnic in our local park [held in honour of HMQ], this afternoon.. the Weather may be a bit murky, but NO MATTER.. its only water and will not dampen anyone's spirits !
Old 06-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

What heck is happening.

On April 20th: The celebration was overshadowed by the sad death of Victoria Wood.

On April 21th: (her Birthday): Prince dies.

Today: Horrible news from Florida.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pity its raining in London after the lovely sunshine yesterday ,just watching the final preparations on BBC News.