The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles needs to practice his neutral looks or smile more. He looks grumpy when the others don't.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I like how Camilla made sure Charles stood next to his family. You can see her directing him to his spot-
The Royalty Archives, katemiddletons: The Royal Family in the balcony...

Why do I feel the Duke of Wellington's window should be widened more so the royals can have a more full view during the trooping?
The Royalty Archives : Photo

I think during the Queen Mother and Queen Mary time, the window used to be fully open.
I noticed that Camilla made sure that Charles moved closer to the middle as well. Very sweet of her to make sure he makes it into the "Picture area" :) A nice little gesture that says alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Prince Charles needs to practice his neutral looks or smile more. He looks grumpy when the others don't.
Well, so does his mother :P

Old 06-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Looks like The Queen told William to stand up during the flypast. Prince Philip Noticed the stool and The Queen let him know if was for George and Harry sneezed. Normal family for sure.
Home - ITNSource News

Charles looks grumpy sometimes, especially during the State Opening of Parliament. I guess he gets it from his parents. Queen Mum was a natural at smiling.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Commoner

Thank you for the link!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Video:
Looks like The Queen told William to stand up during the flypast. Prince Philip Noticed the stool and The Queen let him know if was for George and Harry sneezed. Normal family for sure.
Home - ITNSource News

Charles looks grumpy sometimes, especially during the State Opening of Parliament. I guess he gets it from his parents. Queen Mum was a natural at smiling.
I also noticed that the Queen didn't seem too happy about William bending to talk to George.. Which I think was rather odd (her not liking, not him bending!). Probably a generational thing, but I thought it was great that William had his focus on explaining it to George and making it a secure and non frightening experience.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it she minded him bending down...I just think she was letting him know hey..here they come, stand up and look.

LaRae
Old 06-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I also noticed that the Queen didn't seem too happy about William bending to talk to George.. Which I think was rather odd (her not liking, not him bending!). Probably a generational thing, but I thought it was great that William had his focus on explaining it to George and making it a secure and non frightening experience.
She didn't mind him talking to George, but she also wanted to talk to him about the flypast.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Uhm.. what else should she do at this occation? Cartwheels?
I agree hernameispekka. Kate's smiling and waving should be expected at this event. I've noticed other family members are doing the same.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Who's the little boy in a sailor suite ? He gave Camilla some trouble ...
I think it's Lord Nicholas' son.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

What a lovely event! It looks great on photos. Pity the balcony isn't bigger, so we could see everyone clearly.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles didn't spend long today with the royal family.
I was in the mall and his and camilla's car drove past shortly before the parade began. A short time after the fly past they drove past again. Camilla waved from the car to the crowds but Charles didnt seem to.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Article from Robert Hardman:
The Queen's 90th birthday gives ROBERT HARDMAN*time to reflect | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Some months ago, Canadian premier Justin Trudeau was gently chided by the Queen at a Commonwealth dinner after making a short speech paying tribute to her great age. ‘Thank you, Mr Prime Minister of Canada,’ she replied, ‘for making me feel so old!’

And having already celebrated her real birthday with some fanfare back in April, she could reasonably be forgiven for wanting no further reminders.

Yet there could be no avoiding the subject at yesterday’s magnificent event inside St Paul’s Cathedral.

There, the largest assembly of the extended Royal Family in years, along with the entire political establishment and stalwarts of local communities across the land, had gathered for an occasion entitled: ‘The National Service of Thanksgiving to Mark the 90th Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen’.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

It was great to see many of HM's relatives joining her for the service, it was particularly nice to see appearances from the Earl of St. Andrews and his family as I haven't seen them for a while. I was surprised that Viscount Linley's children didn't attend, they are old enough, and sometimes attend whole family events (for example, they attended the Royal Windsor Horse Show for HM's birthday this year). Perhaps they wanted to go to school instead - Charles would be sitting his GCSEs this year if I've got his age correct.

I´m pretty sure to have seen Viscount Linley´s children?! Charles has been seen quite long sitting next to his mother and sister, while his mother talked to the Css of Wessex who sat right in front of them in the 1st row with James and Louise before HM and Pr Philip arrived.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Patrons Lunch set up has begun-
World of Windsor : And so the build begins @thepatronslunch...

A very happy family moment on the balcony-
http://harryandthecambridges.tumblr....t/145759349123

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

We had a lovely morning in The Mall, the only thing that spoiled it was the police not opening the gates for us to get down to the balcony on time. It was disappointing not to see the balcony after the parade.

I wonder if Peter and Autumn, Zara and Mike were on the balcony why their children weren't?
Old 06-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I was surprised that Viscount Linley's children didn't attend, they are old enough, and sometimes attend whole family events (for example, they attended the Royal Windsor Horse Show for HM's birthday this year). Perhaps they wanted to go to school instead - Charles would be sitting his GCSEs this year if I've got his age correct.
Charles and Margarita are pictured here with their mother;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkliT1dWkAAuUmI.jpg

Can't believe Margarita is 14!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is this the first year that the Duke of Kent has opted to ride in a carriage to Horse Guards?
Old 06-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Pictures:
The Patrons Lunch set up has begun-
World of Windsor : And so the build begins @thepatronslunch...

A very happy family moment on the balcony-
Love all things Harry&The Cambridges
Yes I saw it on BBC NEWS Channel and Sky News who sent live from the palace until 18:00.

Petter did a interview with Sky News. He said that he hadn't seen so many people on The Mall since 2012 and said it was very moving when the crowds broke into spontaneous Happy Birthday. He also said it was very touching for HM and that it was nice for the family to see that she is so well loved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
We had a lovely morning in The Mall, the only thing that spoiled it was the police not opening the gates for us to get down to the balcony on time. It was disappointing not to see the balcony after the parade.

I wonder if Peter and Autumn, Zara and Mike were on the balcony why their children weren't?
Did you see the Queen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Is this the first year that the Duke of Kent has opted to ride in a carriage to Horse Guards?
No, he started in 2013 because of a stroke.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture:
Catherine and her son had a good laugh-
Love all things Harry&The Cambridges

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Why does Harry ride in the carriage and not with the others like Will, Charles and Anne?? I know he is no longer active duty but either are the others. What is Edward wearing by the way? He is in a kilt from the bare legs. Only time I recall seeing them in kilts is when they are in Scotland.

Nice to see a lot of the kids up there. Do wish Savannah, Isla and Mia were there for the queen's big one. But glad their parents came.

Lady Gabrielle looks stunning but I notice she has a thing for wearing a hat that full that it blocks her face from view. Her red one was like it yesterday. But she looks stunning both days.