90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a news clip from the event and I noticed during the parade that some people in green vests walked beside the participants and they looked so out of place! Especially a woman in a green west walking right beside a highland band!
What on earth was that for? I mean surely people can figure out how to walk down a fenced street?

Anyway, I noticed a young member of the BRF, a teenage girl in a white coat, during the walkabout who talked to people. It was actually very sweet to look at, because she was obviously not used to talking to people and sh spoke a bit too low, there were a couple of times when she had to repeat what she said. Probably a bit shy. :lol:

Thanks to all who have posted updates and trivia. No one mentioned, no one left out. :flowers:

I applaud Mr. Peter Philips and all the workers and countless volunteers who put this patrons lunch together.

I applaud Mr. Peter Philips and all the workers and countless volunteers who put this patrons lunch together.

It really seemed to be a wonderful event enjoyed by all. And the young girl in the white coat was Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, the Earl of Essex's young daughter. This was her first walk about and kudos to her- she did a fantastic job. She's only twelve- I couldn't have done that at twelve.:)

I saw a news clip from the event and I noticed during the parade that some people in green vests walked beside the participants and they looked so out of place! Especially a woman in a green west walking right beside a highland band!
What on earth was that for? I mean surely people can figure out how to walk down a fenced street?

Anyway, I noticed a young member of the BRF, a teenage girl in a white coat, during the walkabout who talked to people. It was actually very sweet to look at, because she was obviously not used to talking to people and sh spoke a bit too low, there were a couple of times when she had to repeat what she said. Probably a bit shy. :lol:

Thanks to all who have posted updates and trivia. No one mentioned, no one left out. :flowers:

Muhler, I believe the teenage girl in question is Lady Louise Windsor, daughter of the Earl and Countess of Wessex. This was her first walkabout.

:previous: Only twelve? No wonder if she was a little shy.
She looked older. - Not like a child.

I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.

Today is the Big Lunch. Camilla is patron. She attends each year.
She presented a 'homemade' cake to the event.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkwODgIW0AA5uMe.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkvsqynWsAE9_9R.jpg:large

The Big Lunch is an annual event held each June which aims to get as many people as possible to have lunch together, in their neighborhoods, in order to encourage a community spirit throughout the country.

Last edited:
To quote an old Irish Rovers tune "Oh me oh me oh my.... wasn't that a party!"

Thousands upon thousands of people have gathered all over to pay special tribute to a beloved monarch that turned 90 this year. Happy, joyous and times to remember, this past weekend has proven to me that people can come together by the thousands in peace and harmony with one specific goal in mind. To celebrate the life of someone they admire, love and respect that has served her people since 1952.

As we face today what's happened in Orlando with a senseless mass shooting, it makes me appreciate even more how much HM, The Queen is an uniting force for her people, her country and a iconic presence all over this blue rock we call Earth.

God save The Queen! :britflag:

I have mixed feelings about Patron's Lunch. On the one hand it was good idea, it was really nice to see the queen in her queenmobile, royals, talking with people, the parade. On the other hand, i don't like visual part of this event. Royal family sat too far from other people, in some kind of vacuum. And it wasn't fan to look at wet, eating people with long empty street nearby.

I thought it was a lovely event, its unlikely to be repeated in the future so as a one of it was nice. I think it was a good idea to celebrate by gathering the Queen's charities together. I know some people don't think it was a good idea but it ended up being a fun day for all involved.

"I thanked her for coming especially in the rain and she told me it was her first walkabout," said Eve Pollecoff, 86, who had the chat with the young royal. "I asked her if it was difficult talking to strange people. She said it was a bit daunting but she had a great example in her father."

Reference - Hello Magazine

Lady Louise's reply when asked about her first walk about. How sweet of her to say she had her dad's example to follow. She seems to grown up recently.

Reference - Hello Magazine

Lady Louise's reply when asked about her first walk about. How sweet of her to say she had her dad's example to follow. She seems to grown up recently.

That was done in style, especially considering her age. :)

I have a simple (some might say dumb) question. What do you call that blue that was used all over at the Patron's Lunch? Here in the US, I have always known it as Tiffany Blue but have no idea if that's simply an Americanism. Lovely shade though.
You could call it robins egg blue

I wonder why only Charles and Camilla chose to attend an event elsewhere? It sounds as though their picnic meal (egg salad and cress sandwiches) was rather less yummy than the one being served in London.

[FONT=&quot]Charles and Camilla [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]at The Big Lunch street party in Gloucestershire[FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]
Why Prince Charles was a no-show at the Patron's Lunch [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Little boy asks Prince "Do you speak German?" | West Country (E) - ITV News[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Queen's 90th birthday: Charles and Camilla celebrate - Billionaires Newswire[/FONT]

Thank you for all the photos.

Louise was very grown up and did very very well. I love the comment about following her father's example.

I think it was great that Charles and Camilla chose to celebrate in Gloucestershire. It emphasised that the celebrations weren't just for people in London. I also enjoyed the videos of Charles speaking German with the young lad and singing the Welsh national anthem (in Gloucestershire, England??).

The colour of the Queen's outfit really suits her and stands out.

Finally, I love the shot of Prince Andrew lining up the family for a group photo.

The photos of the lunch were great! It was a lovely surprise to see Louise there, I wasn't expecting her to attend for some reason. No wonder she found it daunting - it's her first time, and there were thousands of people there. I think most people would feel nervous doing something like that for the first time. But, I thought she handled it very well and it's nice to see her appearing at more royal events now. I thought that the woman who spoke to her's comment about Louise's presence being nice especially in the weather was sweet. I also like the group photo taken by Andrew, I wish there was a better, close up version of it. It's cute that Louise is holding the hamper!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these lovely pictures.

Louise looks great.

Andrew showed his softer side.

If you search Getty for Andrew and Autumn Phillips, there are lovely photos of him cracking up on the balcony at something she said. :lol:

I thought it was strange that Charles and Camilla were in Gloucestershire and everybody else was in London. If other royals were in different locations around the country, it would make more sense. However, since most of the royals will have to be at Windsor for Garter Day, I can see why you would not spread them around. What's the odds of C&C using the Royal helicopter faux outrage storage coming tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

According to the FE only The Queen, Philip, Edward and Sophie will be attending the Garter tomorrow. Anne has an engagement in London on Monday (no reason why she can't do both of course, unless they are on at the same time ...)

I suspect that the FE is as useless as it normally is - after all it never put up the Church Service for Friday in advance.

The FE is garbage. All the BRF Knights of Gartner will be at Windsor. Plus Sophie, Camilla and the return of Kate to Garter Day most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

According to the FE only The Queen, Philip, Edward and Sophie will be attending the Garter tomorrow. Anne has an engagement in London on Monday (no reason why she can't do both of course, unless they are on at the same time ...)

I suspect that the FE is as useless as it normally is - after all it never put up the Church Service for Friday in advance.

And yet not questioning why William, Andrew or Charles aren't attending? They are all members of the order. And I think this report is a load of.... we will see them all there.

Anne does have an engagement in London but it is an evening event. She is being honored with the Longine ladies award, which honors women for their contributions in the equestrian world. Princess Haya won it last year.

Oh that's cool....has he been to other events in the UK..royal events?

LaRae

I know! I certainly would not have had the guts nor the small talk abilities to go out and chat to so many strangers without my parents. I commend Lady Louise! She looks lovely.

You and me both. Heck, I still lack those abilities now and I'm nowhere near this young lady's age. Major props to Lady Louise for her poise and amazing social skills in her first walk-about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh that's cool....has he been to other events in the UK..royal events?

LaRae

Albert shows up once in a blue moon. Sometimes he attends the flower show.

Back
Top Bottom