The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Just finished watching the YouTube video of the show. Wow what a great show. Loved the riders from Azerbaijan, the bands and the parade of animals at the end. The Queen and Philip looked super excited when the cows came out. The regimental goat got a lot of mentions 🐐

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 05-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If it had been Harry - it would have been seen as a fun way to record the evening but Beatrice - has to be due to bad manners and being disrespectful of her grandmother.
My criticism would have been the same if it had been Harry, William, Catherine, Zara,etc.. It has nothing to do with 'York bashing' and my criticism is based on the poor manners exhibited by a very privileged 27 year old who should know better. There are venues were texting is ok - music festivals, for example, others were texting is rude and this event was one of the latter IMO.
I haven't had time to look at any videos - were Peter and Autumn there?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Guardsman passes out during rehearsals for ceremony to mark Queen's official birthday* | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-17-2016, 01:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I saw a photo of Peter teasing James, so I would guess Autumn was there as well.

Royal Windsor Horse Show | Getty Images

I was hoping there might be a list of attendees in the Court Circular but there's nothing beyond 12 May at this point.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
This video is not going to be on YouTube for long, so watch it now - The whole birthday show:

Thank you for posting. Really amazing
Old 05-17-2016, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
My criticism would have been the same if it had been Harry, William, Catherine, Zara,etc.. It has nothing to do with 'York bashing' and my criticism is based on the poor manners exhibited by a very privileged 27 year old who should know better. There are venues were texting is ok - music festivals, for example, others were texting is rude and this event was one of the latter IMO.
As I said earlier - How do you know what the circumstances were?

We know Beatrice is very respectful of her grandmother and loves her to pieces.

Why assume that this was something bad if not York bashing???
Old 05-17-2016, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Princes William, Harry and Philip don the majestic Windsor uniform | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Guardsmen fainting, especially in hot weather, seems to be an annual tradition! The heat, those busbies, the thick uniforms, combined with stress, do it every time.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
This video is not going to be on YouTube for long, so watch it now - The whole birthday show:

Thank you so much! I tried to find it last night to no avail. I am in the midst of watching now... What a treat
Old 05-17-2016, 04:55 AM
Heir Apparent

It is very well possible Princess Beatrice just made a photo and was seeing it. When I make pictures with the mobile, I always see the result: to delete or not to delete? Nothing wrong with it, just an unlucky moment. It is not the Address from the Throne, it is just a show.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Thank you so much! I tried to find it last night to no avail. I am in the midst of watching now... What a treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is very well possible Princess Beatrice just made a photo and was seeing it. When I make pictures with the mobile, I always see the result: to delete or not to delete? Nothing wrong with it, just an unlucky moment. It is not the Address from the Throne, it is just a show.
I had also noticed Beatrice spending a fair amount of time staring at her phone. Quite inappropriate, IMO
Old 05-17-2016, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, Zara was riding Toytown. Nice to see her on him after retiring him, even if only for a parade

I loved Louise was riding her grandmother's pony

Louise probably felt so grownup, getting the jubilee medal and getting to take part in the event with her dad. And I bet she was pretty excited she got to ride Grannie's pony for the event, a big deal for her likely.

Grannie was probably just as proud to see her on Emma.

Thanks. I wasn't sure I had spotted Zara, but it would have been odd not to see her riding...
Old 05-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
others were texting is rude and this event was one of the latter IMO.
Why? It was outdoor music show for the 6,000 spectators
Quote:
Peter and Autumn
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3418935087.jpg
Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Who is the redhead between the Wales boys
Old 05-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see the Linley and Chatto families there.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
HRH The Landgravine of Hesse, wife of Donatus, Prince and Landgrave of Hesse
Old 05-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Just finished watching the YouTube video of the show. Wow what a great show. Loved the riders from Azerbaijan, the bands and the parade of animals at the end. The Queen and Philip looked super excited when the cows came out. The regimental goat got a lot of mentions 🐐

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I also loved the reaction from the the Royal Box when Lady Louise was introduced.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

The "Wales boys"? You mean between the Wales and the Cambridge boy?! Interesting word for 30-something year old men...
Old 05-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I am watching it now what a show! Thanks for posting. What a wonderful birthday present for the queen and all of us, from Charles right? They said he was patron
Thanks for info on land gravine of Hesse, she is part of the Fabre castell family
Old 05-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
The redhead is a Hesse relative.
Her husband's father was a 3rd cousin of Queen Elizabeth II