The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is in some prime real estate. She is sat between the Landgrave of Hesse and The Duke of Edinburgh. She is two seats away from The Queen. Camilla is two seats away on the other side.
they are sat in the order of precedence (formal way)

Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Zara and Lady Louise are riding tonight.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder when that photo of Lady Louise was taken, I haven't seen her on the television broadcast.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Always great to have input from The Honourable Margaret Rhodes!
Old 05-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I wonder when that photo of Lady Louise was taken, I haven't seen her on the television broadcast.
It was from the 13th May showing when her parents went.

I can't wait see Zara and Louise riding for their granny.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It was from the 13th May showing when her parents went.

I can't wait see Zara and Louise riding for their granny.
Here is one from this evening;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cih48kQXIAAd2LQ.jpg
Old 05-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great to see Anne, Edward, Louise and Zara taking part in the celebration.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Great to see Anne, Edward, Louise and Zara taking part in the celebration.

Indeed! So lovely to see them execute their bows on horseback followed by a quick wave!
Old 05-15-2016, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Updated DM Article - Queen’s 90th birthday party sees royals gather for celebration | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-15-2016, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Now I want to see prince Andrew on horse
Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely to see Lady Gabriella Windsor seated between her father Prince Michael and uncle the Duke of Kent.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Now I want to see prince Andrew on horse
I don't think Andrew rides anymore - he has never appeared to have been a big fan. His daughters have also rarely been seen on horseback. Edward and Anne still ride so it was nice to see them in the parade and of course Zara rides as does Louise.

I loved seeing Anne, Zara, Edward and Louise in the parade. What a nice little touch from them.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

What an enjoyable event, such a thoughtful and fitting tribute to HM who appeared to be enjoying the occasion. I think all of the family were there which was lovely to see.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 05-15-2016, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

An amazing evening for an amazing lady, and it made me proud to be half British.

Videos:
Final star-studded celebration of Queen's 90th birthday at Windsor Castle - ITV News

Pictures:
The Queen's 90th Birthday celebrations, in pictures - News

Queen Elizabeth II Photos - The Queens 90th Birthday Celebrations at Windsor - Final Night - Zimbio

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q..._Kyy7w4Lfl.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...jHDSM-d2pl.jpg
Old 05-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

For anyone in Australia - I believe Channel Seven are showing this (or some other tribute to the Queen) on Thursday night. Something to look forward to.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Queen at 90: Her Majesty arrives for spectacular celebration of her reign | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 05-15-2016, 09:14 PM
Gentry

What an amazing show and brilliant idea to show case QE's love for horses. Nice to see Lady Louise in the show. Wonderful representation of Canada. Never tire of seeing the Mounties
Old 05-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness

Queen's 90th birthday celebrated with gala concert and 900 horses
Quote:
Anyone who has ever had to think of a 90th birthday gift knows just how tricky it can be to find something appropriate, but when it comes to the Queen the answer is simple: whatever it is, just make sure it includes lots and lots of horses.

No matter what gifts she receives from monarchs, presidents and world leaders this year, none will top the spectacular equine pageant staged for Her Majesty in the grounds of Windsor Castle last night, as the smile on her face clearly showed.

Accompanied by her family, the Queen was treated to a two-hour gallop through the key events of her life, told by 900 horses, 1,500 performers and plenty of famous faces.

It was the closest thing the Queen has ever had to an appearance on This Is Your Life, a reminder that our sovereign has not only clocked up a record-breaking reign, but has been a first-hand witness to some of the most momentous events of the past century.

The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, arrived in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach, to a huge cheer from the arena, and chose a sea green dress with a lace overlay and a matching jacket, all made by her dressmaker Angela Kelly, with a turquoise diamond surround brooch.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
What an amazing show and brilliant idea to show case QE's love for horses. Nice to see Lady Louise in the show. Wonderful representation of Canada. Never tire of seeing the Mounties
Lovely to see members of the BRF on horseback tonight celebrating HM the Queen. Spectacular photos and quite a number of stars there to entertain everyone.

Yes Macrobug I'm partial to those red tunic clad Mounties too!!!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:39 PM
Royal Highness

Videos:

To those of you who have not seen this, look at the horses: