The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
90 years of age. In 1926.. In America contact air service for the postal service began. The first trans-Atlantic telephone call from London to New York happened. ..so many things happened that year. We had plenty to read about concerning the 1920's on the Queen's birthday or any other day for that matter. I like horses and all that, but they are just big, unruly beasts of burden who at a moments notice could do something unexpected no matter how tame or unlikely. I don't care for dogs at all and while horses are fun to ride, make great friends they are just great for those who have the education to care for them. So, I didn't miss much not seeing a bunch of beasts. What about a speech? The Queen is 90. I expected a speech. I guess no speech was given. Really, why should she? Excuse my ignorance but everyone is entitled to a private birthday once in awhile. Birthdays are a personal thing parents really celebrate more than anyone. While we have had or all will have birthdays, counting the years of longevity, health, wellness, success or attempts at success celebrating the hopes or achievements no one celebrates your birthday more than your parents. So enjoying memories that are captured on film or in ink when their gone is really all anyone has on their birthday, really, or spending time with them if they are still around. The public did help raise her a bit, depending on how you look at it, so they were informed of festivities and were able to celebrate, right?
The celebrations for the Queen's 90th Birthday take place next year - but I am sure we will see plenty of horses and parades during the celebrations. I am not sure the Queen will make a speech / address the nation on TV, but I'd like it if she did.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth may have just passed her biggest milestone yet in her own understated way, but Prince William and Prince Harry and their cousin Peter Phillips are not going to let the next one go off without a bang.

William and Harry are throwing their weight behind a massive street party, which will stretch the length of the famed outdoor avenue in London known as the Mall, to mark the Queen's 90th birthday in the spring.
Read more: Prince William and Prince Harry Are Already Planning Queen Elizabeth's Next Milestone (Her 90th!) - The British Royals, The Royals, Prince Harry, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Cover Galleries : People.com

Old 09-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Courtier

I was only six days old when the Queen Mother turned 90, so obviously I don't remember it. But I'm really looking forward to this!

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 09-12-2015, 01:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing that struck me as a wonderful coincidence is that the Service of Thanksgiving for HM's "official" birthday will be held on the same day as Philip's 95th birthday and that way, even if Philip doesn't want any muss or fuss about it, they're going to throw his milestone birthday in to the mix too somehow.

It would be quite the weekend to be in London for sure and I really love how HM's grandsons are conspiring together to put on this street party.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

It is hardly a conspiracy as it was announced while I was there, with no mention then of them being involved and a conspiracy - by definition - is done in secret.

If they are on the organising committee that is fine but hardly a conspiracy.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It is hardly a conspiracy as it was announced while I was there, with no mention then of them being involved and a conspiracy - by definition - is done in secret.

If they are on the organising committee that is fine but hardly a conspiracy.
OK. I probably used the word wrong. I just meant the the three grandsons are putting their heads together on this.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry are Joint-Presidents of The Patron’s Lunch

Click on the link to learn more about the largest ever street party to celebrate The Queen’s patronage of over 600 charities and organisations on the occasion of her 90th birthday.

The Patrons Lunch – About
Old 09-28-2015, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bun fun return planned for royal birthday (From Oxford Mail)
Quote:
A BUN-THROWING celebration is being planned in Abingdon to mark the Queen’s official 90th birthday.

Ever since the 1761 coronation of King George III, civic leaders have marked major royal occasions by hurling buns off the roof of the County Hall building to crowds below.

The last bun-throwing from the museum roof took place in the rain on June 3, 2012, to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and 6,000 buns were chucked down to people in the Market Place.
World famous car show returns to Windsor (From Royal Borough Observer)
Quote:
Car lovers are in for a treat as Windsor Castle prepares to host a Concours of Elegance in honour of the Queen's 90th birthday.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bronze statue of the Queen proposed for Newmarket | Cambridge News
Quote:
A bronze statue of the Queen with a mare and foal looks set to be erected in Newmarket.

This picture is the first look of the proposed statue, set to be put in Birdcage Walk, Newmarket, for the monarch's 90th birthday.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:54 PM
Nobility

This is perfect!
Old 10-26-2015, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen to announce prestigious Regius Professorships - BBC News
Quote:
Twelve prestigious professorships recognising high-quality research at UK universities are being announced to mark the Queen's 90th birthday.

The Regius Professorships, rare honours granted by the sovereign, celebrate the key role of research in driving growth and productivity.

Only two were granted in the 20th Century, but the Queen created 12 for her Diamond Jubilee in 2012.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Born into the age of the flapper, growing up with the frugality of wartime and witnessing the advent of the miniskirt, the Queen has lived through ten different decades of fashion.

For her own part, Elizabeth II is estimated to have worn well over 10,000 outfits to official engagements over her lifetime, created by a series of dedicated designers.

Now a trio of exhibitions by the Royal Collection Trust to mark the monarch’s 90th birthday will put more than 150 different outfits on display to the public.

The largest ever exhibition of the Queen’s wardrobe, Fashioning a Reign: 90 Years of Style from The Queen’s Wardrobe will bring together childhood fancy dress costumes, military regalia and glamorous ceremonial dresses.
Read more: Largest ever exhibition of the Queen's wardrobe planned for her 90th birthday - Telegraph
Old 11-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen's 90th Birthday Coin Is Revealed | Post Office Shop Blog

http://blog.postofficeshop.co.uk/wp-...in-620x350.jpg

Quote:
The Queen’s 90th Birthday 2016 UK £5 coin has been designed by acclaimed artist Christopher Hobbs. The inspiration behind the coin created is said to be the heraldic rose of England and The Queen’s own adoration of roses.
UK Celebrates Queen's 90th Birthday with Special Sovereign Series for 2016 | Coin Update

http://news.coinupdate.com/wp-conten...ign-cSMALL.jpg

Quote:
The Royal Mint has launched a new series of special sovereign coins that pay tribute to Britain’s longest-living and longest-serving monarch, Queen Elizabeth II. As Her Majesty celebrates her 90th birthday on April 21, 2016, the gold sovereign line of coins for next year will bear the special portrait that first appeared in celebration of the day she became the country’s longest reigning monarch.
Cotswold District Council wants people to get a head stat on Clean for the Queen campaign | Gloucestershire Echo
Quote:
A national campaign has been launched to give the whole of Britain a tidy-up in time for the Queen's 90th birthday next April.

But Costwold District Council wants people in the area to start work before next year so the council can help them do a proper job of it.

Clean for The Queen is a campaign launched by Country Life magazine in partnership with Keep Britain Tidy to clear up Britain in time for The Queen's 90th birthday in 2016.

They are hoping an army of volunteers across the country will clean up their local areas particularly during a special clean-up weekend on March 4–6

The government's Environment Minister Rory Stewart said: "Her Majesty The Queen is an inspiration to all of us. Her 90th birthday is a unique opportunity for people to come together in celebration of Her Majesty's long service and dedication to this country.

"Everyone has a responsibility to keep their community tidy and this campaign provides us with a great chance to protect our wildlife and improve the quality of our streets and public spaces. I hope it will help lead to a lasting legacy of a cleaner, tidier Britain."
Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

It's not going to happen for a multitude of reasons but if I could choose, I'd rather like to see a glittering banquet/ball of the sort the Scandinavians do for landmark birthdays, making it a celebration of the 90th birthday of the Queen and her successes during the longest reign in the era of constitutional monarchy. Needless to say, I'd like to see representatives from all Europe's main houses, reigning or not, there, from Monaco to Montenegro.

Over the years, the emphasis has rightly been on the Commonwealth and the nations and regions of the British Isles but it would be nice to see a big bash focussing on Europe.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

HMQ90 ‏@HMQ_90
Tickets will be available soon, please continue to check this page for announcements. For more information visit

http://www.hmq90.co.uk/
Old 11-24-2015, 04:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Invitation for 25,000 to join Queen's 90th birthday party - Telegraph
Quote:
The Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations at Windsor Castle will feature 900 horses and 1,500 performers, Buckingham Palace has announced, as 25,000 tickets go on sale today.

The theatrical spectacular, which will take place from May 12-15 next year, in Home Park, Windsor, will involve performances from musicians, dancers and choirs, as well as well-known actors and artists.

Members of the Royal family will attend each night of performances, and the Queen, who turns 90 on April 21, will go to the last show, which will be broadcast live on ITV.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Tickets will cost between £55 and £195 a seat, with the most expensive seats being near the Royal Enclosure and including entrance to a hospitality suite.

Any surplus money raised will go to charity

Quote:
Tickets for the Queen's 90th birthday celebration next year have gone on sale.

Organisers are expecting the 25,000 places on offer for the extravaganza being staged from 12-15 May in Home Park, Windsor Castle, to quickly sell out.

The event will be a 90-minute spectacular celebrating the life of Her Majesty with members of the royal family in attendance on each day and the Queen herself going to the last performance on Sunday, 15 May.

The celebration on each evening will include 900 horses and more than 1,500 participants from the UK and elsewhere covering the major events of the Queen's 90 years.
Read more: Tickets On Sale For Queen's 90th Birthday Bash

http://www.hmq90.co.uk/
Old 11-24-2015, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

'900 horses' - HM will like that! This show will be up to her taste.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal
Tickets for the @HMQ_90 Queen's 90th birthday celebration have already sold out.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think I managed to get tickets!!! :)