90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were the handsome young men seated beside Lady Sarah both her sons? One of them resembles his grandmother (Princess Margaret).

I get the impression from the formal way the guests in the royal box are dressed that the Queen has hosted a dinner at the Castle before the pagent.

Last edited:
I get the impression from formal way the guests in royal box are dressed that the Queen has hosted a dinner at the Castle before the pagent.

I felt that there was a dinner or reception prior as well.

I think she was taking pictures.

No, she was texting - you don't look down at your phone while taking photos, one might have been a selfie shot. At age 27 she is well beyond the stage where she should be cut some slack for such rude behavior.
I can't even find the words to describe just how tacky her conduct was towards her grandmother who was being honored, the guests seated next to her and to the performers who were honoring her grandmother. We get that you were bored, Ms. York, and far preferred to be texting some fascinating person who wasn't present but most people with even a scintilla of manners manage to delay gratification until the boring event is over.

:previous:
And how many would have loved to have been sitting in that seat to observe such a spectacle!

I missed yesterday's event, but it was lovely to see the "surprise" Anne, louise, Edward and Zara? made for the queen.

Yes, Zara was riding Toytown. Nice to see her on him after retiring him, even if only for a parade :flowers:

I also noticed that Louise had a Diamond Jubilee Medal on.

I liked that Louise was allowed to ride the Queen's pony Emma. :)

I loved Louise was riding her grandmother's pony:flowers:

Louise probably felt so grownup, getting the jubilee medal and getting to take part in the event with her dad. And I bet she was pretty excited she got to ride Grannie's pony for the event, a big deal for her likely.

Grannie was probably just as proud to see her on Emma.:)

From the photos in the article, if she was taking a photo, wouldnt the phone be higher up?

Zara rode Toytown when she carried the Olympic torch for London 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Depends on the angle of the photo/video she was taking/may have been taking. If it was one of the old phone cameras, where you had to look through the little hole, to see what you were taking a picture of, yes. But she can see what her camera is aimed at by looking at the screen.

2012, a year after he was retired, was the last time Toytown has been seen. Nice to see him again.

It was very cute to see Anne and Edward, along with Zara and Louise taking part in the show

I really have not had the opportunity to just sit down and go through all the photos and the videos that have been posted regarding what must have been a very memorable celebration for a beloved 90 year old monarch but I know where they are and its like having a good book I want to read nearby.

What a wonderful feeling it must have been for HM to see the love and respect expressed not only by her husband, children and grandchildren but also her quite large extended family, her people and those from all over the globe.

I genuinely see nothing wrong with this. She's texting, so what?!

There are times when it's rude to text and this is one of them. If someone was singing or had just finished etc I wouldn't text unless it was urgent. The Queen appears to be clapping

I genuinely see nothing wrong with this. She's texting, so what?!
Me, too, Lumetqueen. I don't see what's the big deal. I wouldn't imagine her "Granny" cared. I wouldn't. It was a noisy outdoor concert.

Without knowing who she was texting we don't know that she was doing was anything that she shouldn't have been doing e.g. she may have a sick friend or relative (she has relatives via Sarah) that she was worried about and the Queen told her to check during the concert, she may have been keeping in touch with her office in New York (yes I know it was a Sunday but not all businesses only work Monday to Friday), she may have been being extremely rude to her grandmother and showing her boredom and contempt for the event (the least likely option).

In some of the photos I have seen she seems to have been taking a photo rather than texting someone - and again we don't know but maybe The Queen wanted her to take some photos or film it or who knows ... but

York bashing is alive and well so let's think the worst of Beatrice rather than look at her history of deference and love for her grandmother and ask 'is this normal behaviour for her at royal functions?' answer 'no' so why would she did it now?' We will probably never know but she normally treats her grandmother with a great deal of respect so why assume she isn't doing so here??? Simply because it is Beatrice and therefore as a York she has no manners etc ....

If it had been Harry - it would have been seen as a fun way to record the evening but Beatrice - has to be due to bad manners and being disrespectful of her grandmother.

Without knowing who she was texting we don't know that she was doing was anything that she shouldn't have been doing e.g. she may have a sick friend or relative (she has relatives via Sarah) that she was worried about and the Queen told her to check during the concert, she may have been keeping in touch with her office in New York (yes I know it was a Sunday but not all businesses only work Monday to Friday), she may have been being extremely rude to her grandmother and showing her boredom and contempt for the event (the least likely option).

In some of the photos I have seen she seems to have been taking a photo rather than texting someone - and again we don't know but maybe The Queen wanted her to take some photos or film it or who knows ... but

York bashing is alive and well so let's think the worst of Beatrice rather than look at her history of deference and love for her grandmother and ask 'is this normal behaviour for her at royal functions?' answer 'no' so why would she did it now?' We will probably never know but she normally treats her grandmother with a great deal of respect so why assume she isn't doing so here??? Simply because it is Beatrice and therefore as a York she has no manners etc ....

If it had been Harry - it would have been seen as a fun way to record the evening but Beatrice - has to be due to bad manners and being disrespectful of her grandmother.

Agreed- she really gets criticized very unfairly. Whenever she does interviews, she seems delightful. I loved the one about the Queen's playhouse that she refurbished.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It looked like she was texting for a few seconds and started to put the phone down but it's hard to say. She's not the first person to text at a concert/service that lasted 2 hours. She just got caught. In other clips she was clapping along and commenting with her sister about the concert.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the YouTube video of the show. Wow what a great show. Loved the riders from Azerbaijan, the bands and the parade of animals at the end. The Queen and Philip looked super excited when the cows came out. The regimental goat got a lot of mentions ?

My criticism would have been the same if it had been Harry, William, Catherine, Zara,etc.. It has nothing to do with 'York bashing' and my criticism is based on the poor manners exhibited by a very privileged 27 year old who should know better. There are venues were texting is ok - music festivals, for example, others were texting is rude and this event was one of the latter IMO.
I haven't had time to look at any videos - were Peter and Autumn there?

My criticism would have been the same if it had been Harry, William, Catherine, Zara,etc.. It has nothing to do with 'York bashing' and my criticism is based on the poor manners exhibited by a very privileged 27 year old who should know better. There are venues were texting is ok - music festivals, for example, others were texting is rude and this event was one of the latter IMO.
I haven't had time to look at any videos - were Peter and Autumn there?

As I said earlier - How do you know what the circumstances were?

We know Beatrice is very respectful of her grandmother and loves her to pieces.

Why assume that this was something bad if not York bashing???

Guardsmen fainting, especially in hot weather, seems to be an annual tradition! The heat, those busbies, the thick uniforms, combined with stress, do it every time.

Back
Top Bottom