The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-20-2016, 05:13 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What a wonderful photograph of a beloved monarch and the legacy that will continue through three generations after her.

I, also, thought it was quite rude for publications to be splitting heirs to suit their own headlines and agendas. The photo was taken to signify continuity in the monarchy and by cropping the picture, I believe the photo has lost its intended meaning.
What a wonderful pic..... and with a grain of British Humor with little George! LOOOOOVE it
Bye Bine

Old 04-20-2016, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, everybody should watch that video, it answers so many questions that are discussed here. Thanks for the find Royal 🇳🇴

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-20-2016, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Watch BBC News Channel - live reporting from Windsor: tvpc.com - BBC News 24

Live article:
Windsor public cheer Queen - BBC News

And here is Her Majesty The Queen:
Cheers greet the Queen as she kicks off her 90th birthday celebrations a day early to meet long-serving postmen and women at a Royal Mail delivery office near Windsor Castle* | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
William is probably holding his hand to keep him from bolting after a corgi. 😉

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
It looks to me like George is holding on to his daddy's thumb, which is adorable.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebrations Begin

Queen's birthday:*Monarch begins celebrations with Royal Mail depot day before she turns 90
Quote:
Britain’s longest-serving monarch met Britain’s longest-serving postman today as she shared the start of her 90th birthday celebrations with Royal Mail’s 500th anniversary.

Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at the main sorting office in Windsor, after making the short journey from Windsor Castle, to begin the first official engagement of her birthday week.

The Queen, whose birthday is on Thursday, was greeted by a cheering crowd of hundreds of invited guests who had gathered in the car park to wish her an early Happy Birthday.
And doesn't she look great:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1149872862.jpg
Old 04-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

Delightful photo!
Especially George....just a happy little boy.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

BBC One Programmes April 21st 2016:

The Day I Met The Queen- 9:15am
"People recall what it's like to meet Her Majesty The Queen".

The Queen's 90th Birthday: 11am
"Kirsty Young presents live coverage of Her Majesty the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations from Royal Windsor. Together with His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen embarks on a walkabout through the town to greet well-wishers, as she becomes the first reigning British monarch to celebrate this milestone. Kirsty is joined by a host of well-known faces to celebrate this very special day."

Elizabeth at 90: A Family Tribute- 9pm
"A unique celebration of the Queen's ninety years as she reaches her landmark birthday in April. Film-maker John Bridcut has been granted special access to the complete collection of Her Majesty's personal ciné films, shot by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen herself, as well as by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. Much of it has never been seen publicly before.

Various members of the Royal Family are filmed watching this private footage and contributing their own personal insights and their memories of the woman they know both as a member of their own close family and as queen.

Among those taking part are the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Princess Royal, the Duke of Kent and his sister Princess Alexandra, who has never before given an interview."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed:

Both BBC News Channel and Sky News sent live during Her Majesty's engagements, and the 90th birthday has been the main story trough the day until 4 pm when the news of Victoria Wood's death become known.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Here's a nice article with a lot of interesting links.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/wo...-90-birth.html

Don't miss the "Queen of Parts" link which shows a sculpture of HM made from auto parts.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen at 90 - ITV News

LISTEN: Blue Cross rescue animals sing the Queen Happy Birthday | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Queen at 90 in 90 photographs - News

Just another day at the office as One turns 90 | | The Times & The Sunday Times
Quote:
It was a cross between a warm-up and a dress rehearsal: the Queen’s birthday, Part 1.

On the day before she turns 90, the sovereign was out and about in Windsor today, meeting the country’s longest-serving postal worker and opening a bandstand.

It was in a sense just another working day for the country’s longest-reigning — and oldest — monarch, only with added crowds and television cameras.
The Queen's life commemorated in stamps* | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...1163026551.jpg
Old 04-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm guessing her official photo will be released tonight, right?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm guessing her official photo will be released tonight, right?
I don't know. I also wonder how the newspapers will cover it. When she turned 80, the front pages were full of it, but I'm guessing that most of the paper goes with Victoria Wood tonight.

Don't forget: The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed. I've posted the link above in post 408.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Don't forget: The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed. I've posted the link above in post 408.
Just watched it. The program was very nice and insightful. To hear Prince Edward talk about the difficulties in being on school break as a young kid, and not having their parents around at the same time was something new.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

I just read on another forum that the 4 generations picture was taken in June last year. That must be why George is wearing the same clothes he wore in Charlotte's first pictures.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

QUEEN ELIZABETH 90th BIRTHDAY | Selda Göktaş
Old 04-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Look at the Telegraph:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgg7b_QW4AAwVQw.jpg
Old 04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

a photo with all the great-grandkids and the two youngest grandkids
http://41.media.tumblr.com/d194442c3...bulo1_1280.jpg

little Mia holding the purse