The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I would think it's very important for at least some foreign royals to attend her 90th Birthday celebrations next year. I'm not expecting any foreign royals to attend the Windsor events but the other celebrations that's being planned. I'm sure they will be a service of thanksgiving at Westminster or St. Paul's. Also, I think there will be a reception and dinner too.

The British royals need to get with the program when it comes to celebrating a major milestone like this.
Get with the programme? I think they were the original architects of the notion! They have all the plans they need. They just tweak the programme where necessary. If they have taken the time and energy working with security throughout the UK to ensure that the only thing not cover in the death of a member of the BRF, is personal mourning, I am quite sure the "happy" anniversaries are well taken care of.

As to which foreign royals attend her official birthday, well that's up to her and if that is what she wants you had better believe the RSVP's went out a couple of years ago!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Well done luv, go tell the Queen how to run her own 90th birthday.
Can I just be a fly on the wall and watch the DoE react to you?
I think I will join you there. It will be more entertaining than any party at the palace .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Most all of the British celebrations have part of which the community can come together and celebrate too with the use of street parties, concerts, balcony appearances, putting big screens in the park to watch. Look at all the diamond jubilee events, they tried to get the most people involved to celebrate along with the royal family.

Having a black tie and tiara dinner at BP or Windsor with all the foreign royals doesn't seem like it would be the Queen's thing. She doesn't want the spotlight. But using her birthday celebrations to raise funds to help others- that's something that she can get behind.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Most all of the British celebrations have part of which the community can come together and celebrate too with the use of street parties, concerts, balcony appearances, putting big screens in the park to watch. Look at all the diamond jubilee events, they tried to get the most people involved to celebrate along with the royal family.

Having a black tie and tiara dinner at BP or Windsor with all the foreign royals doesn't seem like it would be the Queen's thing. She doesn't want the spotlight. But using her birthday celebrations to raise funds to help others- that's something that she can get behind.

Well explained!

I don't see the point of inviting all these foreign royals. This celebrations is about the Queen and her service to others, not lavish dinners etc.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Events to mark The Queen's 90th birthday:

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...hbirthday.aspx
Double celebration June 10 - it will be Prince Philip's 95th birthday!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Having foreign royals to come over and share in the celebrations for Her Majesty's birthday takes nothing away from the people joining in on the celebrations. The Queen allowed the people to celebrate her Golden Jubilee, she also had a private reception and dinner with her European counterparts. I just hope they will join in the celebrations, that's all.

Also, it would be a perfect opportunity to have foreign royal members of the Order of the Garter to take part in the Garter procession. They haven't done so since the Golden Jubilee year.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

So, have the first details of the big celebrations been disclosed officially? I didn't expect them to be! I am looking forward to this event!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

More info on events will be released later this year. I think it's going to be a wonderful year of celebrations, God's willing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Having foreign royals to come over and share in the celebrations for Her Majesty's birthday takes nothing away from the people joining in on the celebrations. The Queen allowed the people to celebrate her Golden Jubilee, she also had a private reception and dinner with her European counterparts. I just hope they will join in the celebrations, that's all.

Also, it would be a perfect opportunity to have foreign royal members of the Order of the Garter to take part in the Garter procession. They haven't done so since the Golden Jubilee year.
I don't think we'll see foreign royals gathering again to celebrate QEII's life in the future, except at Her Majesty's funeral, which, hopefully, won't be any time soon !
Old 07-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

They did something similar with regards to the Horse Pageant for her Diamond Jubilee and members of the family attended every day with the Queen on the final day.

Either way I look forward to the celebrations. I would LOVE a family photo like they did for their Diamond wedding anniversary. I know the family is huge now but perhaps they could release a few photos. I would be happy with just one of the Queen with her grandchildren. In the earlier days the Queen used to release family photos frequently, now we only get them on significant birthdays. (My favourite will always be Edward's 50th birthday shot mainly because it was totally unexpected. I expected a single shot of himself in a suit, but the family photo was so cute.)
Old 07-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think we'll see foreign royals gathering again to celebrate QEII's life in the future, except at Her Majesty's funeral, which, hopefully, won't be any time soon !
I would find that sad and silly for the foreign royals to only come together for The Queen's funeral, but not for a celebration for her life while she's alive and well.

It would be very special if they came together next year and do what they did during her Golden Jubilee celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
They did something similar with regards to the Horse Pageant for her Diamond Jubilee and members of the family attended every day with the Queen on the final day.

Either way I look forward to the celebrations. I would LOVE a family photo like they did for their Diamond wedding anniversary. I know the family is huge now but perhaps they could release a few photos. I would be happy with just one of the Queen with her grandchildren. In the earlier days the Queen used to release family photos frequently, now we only get them on significant birthdays. (My favourite will always be Edward's 50th birthday shot mainly because it was totally unexpected. I expected a single shot of himself in a suit, but the family photo was so cute.)
I think a large official family portrait would be great or at least with the immediate family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the Queen gets the 90th birthday celebrations that she wants. No more, no less.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May 2016

With the diamond jubilee monarch's reception, it was relatively low key. It was a couple of weeks before the jubilee and the dress code was suits and regular dresses not black tie and tiaras that we see on the continent.

They already announced a big horse pageant as part of the Royal horse show along with the street party and church service paired with Trooping the Colour.

My picture wish is the Queen and Philip with the great grand babies.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

Queen's 90th celebrated with street party for thousands - BBC News

Interesting that Peter Phillips, Princess Anne's son, is taking a hand in organising the patron's lunch.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
So, have the first details of the big celebrations been disclosed officially? I didn't expect them to be! I am looking forward to this event!
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...hbirthday.aspx

Home The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

Detail of events to celebrate Her Majesty's actual birthday in April will be announced later this year - from Majesty Magazine.

This is what we already know.

13th – 16th May: Royal Windsor Horse Show, an event that takes place for the 73rd time this year, will host one of the main celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday. Members of the royal family will attend the show each night and the Queen will go to the last performance on May 15, which will be broadcast live on ITV.

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral - Will also likely be broadcast on BBC.

Saturday 11th June: Her Majesty accompanied by Members of the Royal Family will attend at The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade - Will be broadcast on BBC one, as usual.

Sunday 12th June: The Queen will attend the Patron's Lunch, a celebration of Her Majesty's patronage of over 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you so much RoyalNorway! It is silly, but I am excited by the countdown showing already!
Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

90 years of age. In 1926.. In America contact air service for the postal service began. The first trans-Atlantic telephone call from London to New York happened. ..so many things happened that year. We had plenty to read about concerning the 1920's on the Queen's birthday or any other day for that matter. I like horses and all that, but they are just big, unruly beasts of burden who at a moments notice could do something unexpected no matter how tame or unlikely. I don't care for dogs at all and while horses are fun to ride, make great friends they are just great for those who have the education to care for them. So, I didn't miss much not seeing a bunch of beasts. What about a speech? The Queen is 90. I expected a speech. I guess no speech was given. Really, why should she? Excuse my ignorance but everyone is entitled to a private birthday once in awhile. Birthdays are a personal thing parents really celebrate more than anyone. While we have had or all will have birthdays, counting the years of longevity, health, wellness, success or attempts at success celebrating the hopes or achievements no one celebrates your birthday more than your parents. So enjoying memories that are captured on film or in ink when their gone is really all anyone has on their birthday, really, or spending time with them if they are still around. The public did help raise her a bit, depending on how you look at it, so they were informed of festivities and were able to celebrate, right?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbahlina View Post
90 years of age. In 1926.. In America contact air service for the postal service began. The first trans-Atlantic telephone call from London to New York happened. ..so many things happened that year. We had plenty to read about concerning the 1920's on the Queen's birthday or any other day for that matter. I like horses and all that, but they are just big, unruly beasts of burden who at a moments notice could do something unexpected no matter how tame or unlikely. I don't care for dogs at all and while horses are fun to ride, make great friends they are just great for those who have the education to care for them. So, I didn't miss much not seeing a bunch of beasts. What about a speech? The Queen is 90. I expected a speech. I guess no speech was given. Really, why should she? Excuse my ignorance but everyone is entitled to a private birthday once in awhile. Birthdays are a personal thing parents really celebrate more than anyone. While we have had or all will have birthdays, counting the years of longevity, health, wellness, success or attempts at success celebrating the hopes or achievements no one celebrates your birthday more than your parents. So enjoying memories that are captured on film or in ink when their gone is really all anyone has on their birthday, really, or spending time with them if they are still around. The public did help raise her a bit, depending on how you look at it, so they were informed of festivities and were able to celebrate, right?
Um... what you're seeing and what this thread is about is for the Queen's birthday goings on that happen next year in 2016. Nothing will go on without the approval of HM herself and I think, for the most part, what they're doing is upscaling some things that usually happen that time of year such as Trooping the Color and the Windsor Horse Show. These things take time to plan and execute so its very much still in the planning stages.

Actually The Queen has two milestones approaching. Later this year (in September I believe) she will surpass Queen Victoria as the longest reigning British monarch and then in 2016, she turns 90. IIRC too, one of the celebrations will also fall on Prince Philip's 95th birthday.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually The Queen has two milestones approaching. Later this year (in September I believe) she will surpass Queen Victoria as the longest reigning British monarch and then in 2016, she turns 90. IIRC too, one of the celebrations will also fall on Prince Philip's 95th birthday.
The official Thanksgiving Service will take place on Philip's 95th birthday.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
The official Thanksgiving Service will take place on Philip's 95th birthday.
Thanks Laura! I knew something was on his birthday but couldn't remember offhand just what it was.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon