90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved all the photos that were released for her birthday, but my favourite has to be the one of HM and her grandchildren/great-grandchildren. It's so sweet and has quite a vintage feel to me, because of the colours of the room and the clothes the children are wearing, which is nice. It was particularly adorable how Mia had HM's bag. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when that photo was taken!

Last edited:
The celebrations were at Windsor where she did a walkabout and later lit a beacon.

Otherwise it was just the normal birthday celebrations with the gun salutes.

The next round of celebrations are in May - at the Royal Windsor Horse Show - again at Windsor.

The London celebrations are on the weekend of the 10-12th June:

10th June - the church service at St Paul's
11th June - Trooping the Colour
12th June - the party in the Mall

The celebrations were at Windsor where she did a walkabout and later lit a beacon.

Otherwise it was just the normal birthday celebrations with the gun salutes.

The next round of celebrations are in May - at the Royal Windsor Horse Show - again at Windsor.

The London celebrations are on the weekend of the 10-12th June:

10th June - the church service at St Paul's
11th June - Trooping the Colour
12th June - the party in the Mall

You're right and I was aware of that, as I've watched coverage of her celebrations on TV this evening, I'd made a careless error (to be fair, it's late here and I'm getting sleepy, haha). I knew about those dates too but thank you for reminding me, it appears that nothing is happening in London then, as I had thought.

Last edited:
I hope there will be something special added to the Trooping of the Colour this year.

I don't think this is true, but the Norwegian expert Kjell Arne Totland who is very reliable says on Norwegian television that there will be foreign guests in june.

I don't think this is true, but the Norwegian expert Kjell Arne Totland who is very reliable says on Norwegian television that there will be foreign guests in june.

I would think it's true. Her 90th is a big deal and major milestone.

I really enjoyed seeing those photos, Queen Camilla, and thanks for posting them. I really got a chuckle out of a mainstay business we all know changing from Burger King to Burger Queen in honor of HM. Now that's a serious compliment. :flowers:

Very funny that when The Queen got ready to cut her cake today, she asked the baker "does it cut?" The Queen remembers how difficult it was to cut a cake a while ago. She was very happy when the knife went in with very little effort.

At the WI 100th last year? I felt so bad for whoever baked it, as when Princess Anne came to help her Mother, she had to give the knife a pretty hard slap in order for that thing to cut through the cake. I don't blame HM for asking after that happening.

What a beautiful cake it was too. Just perfect for the World's Most Famous Corgi Lover. :D

It looked like a perfect Spring day for the day's events and Her Majesty appeared to be enjoying herself on her very Special Birthday.

Here's hoping it's just like this in June for the Official Celebrations.

Happy Birthday Ma'am!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The official birthday cake, and thus the one the Queen cut, wasn't the one with the corgi on it. That one was made by a fan and will end up at a hospital or somewhere else - sadly maybe even in the bin given health and safety concerns.

Could also be that there will be foreign royals for the celebrations in Max like for the Diamond Jubilee.

At the WI 100th last year? I felt so bad for whoever baked it, as when Princess Anne came to help her Mother, she had to give the knife a pretty hard slap in order for that thing to cut through the cake. I don't blame HM for asking after that happening.

What a beautiful cake it was too. Just perfect for the World's Most Famous Corgi Lover. :D

It looked like a perfect Spring day for the day's events and Her Majesty appeared to be enjoying herself on her very Special Birthday.

Here's hoping it's just like this in June for the Official Celebrations.

Happy Birthday Ma'am!!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah, she delighted in cutting her birthday cake than she was with e WI cake. It was easier to cut.

Is there a way to watch the BBC One documentary Queen at 90 outside the UK? I couldn't find it on YouTube. Thanks!

Wonderful! Thank you so much for all your help!

I post this here, because this is not about the lunch they had together.

I watched the Joint Press Conference Cameron and Obama live on Sky News yesterday and the President started his remarks by saying:

I confess I've also come back to wish Her Majesty the Queen a very happy 90th birthday. Earlier today, Michelle and I had the honor to join Her Majesty and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh as their guests at Windsor Castle, where we conveyed the good wishes of the American people.

I have to say I have never been driven by a Duke of Edinburgh before. (Laughter.) And I can report that it was very smooth riding. As for Her Majesty, the Queen has been a source of inspiration for me, like so many people around the world. She is truly one of my favorite people. And should we be fortunate enough to reach 90, may we be as vibrant as she is. She’s an astonishing person, and a real jewel to the world and not just to the United Kingdom.
And later in the Press Conference he said:
I have a staff member, who will not be named -- because it might embarrass her a little bit -- who, generally, on foreign trips, does not leave the hotel or the staff room because she’s constantly doing work making this happen. She has had one request the entire time that I have been President, and that is, could she accompany me to Windsor on the off-chance that she might get a peek at Her Majesty the Queen. And, gracious as she is, Her Majesty actually had this person, along with a couple of others, lined up so that as we emerged from lunch, they could say hello. And this staff person, who is as tough as they come, almost fainted -- (laughter) -- which was -- I’m glad she didn’t because it would have caused an incident.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-obama-and-prime-minister-cameron-joint-press

Barack Obama: Queen is among my favourite people - BBC News

Barack and Michelle Obama have lunch with the Queen at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Barack Obama pays tribute to Queen in 90th brithday celebrations | UK | News | Daily Express

I was really touched by his words, and I of course agree with him. She is a jewel to the world, and she is without any doubt my favorite person. As the Telegraph said: ''She is the Queen of our hearts, and we will never see anyone like her again.''

Last edited:
Read more: How Chelsea will mark Queen's 90th with 21ft tower of flowers | Daily Mail Online
During her astonishing reign of more than 60 years, the Queen has graciously accepted countless posies and bunches of flowers from her adoring subjects.

But even the most elaborate bouquets pale in comparison with the stunning 21ft floral arch of at least 10,000 pastel blooms being created to celebrate Her Majesty’s 90th birthday year.

The dazzling tribute by the Royal Horticultural Society will be seen by the Queen when she attends the gala opening of the Chelsea Flower Show on May 23.

Has there been any written news if any of Prince Philip's nephews and nieces (the children of his four sisters) will be attending their Aunt Elizabeth's birthday celebrations?

Just recently my country was affected by the biggest cyclone ever recorded in the southern hemisphere. For the victims who suffered losses and mourned loved ones, the Queen sent a condolence message and gave a generous personal donation through various charities.

Our island nation, Fiji, was under British rule for 96 years and was a directly linked to the British Crown for 113 years as a Dominion in the Commonwealth. We continue to enjoy warm relations with the Crown and the recent gesture of kindness by Queen Elizabeth II was testimony to that. Fiji is also taking part in London in Her Majesty's birthday celebrations in May.

Long may she continue with her glorious reign. May God bless Her Most Gracious Majesty The Queen on this wonderful occasion of her 90th birthday.

All-Star Cast For Queen's 90th Birthday Show
Gary Barlow and Dame Shirley Bassey will be among the A-list talent at a "spectacular evening" of celebrations to mark the Queen's 90th birthday.

They will be joined by the likes of Kylie Minogue, James Blunt and opera singer Katherine Jenkins for the musical extravaganza, due to take place in the private grounds of Windsor Castle on 15 May.

Actress Helen Mirren, who won an Oscar for her portrayal of the Queen in 2006, will also make an appearance during the show - along with Doc Martin star Martin Clunes and Star Wars frontman John Boyega.

The televised celebration will tell the story of Her Majesty's life from her birth in 1926, taking the audience through World War Two to her coronation in 1953 - as well as her 62 years serving as monarch.

The Queen's 90th Birthday Book celebrates with unique greetings | Daily Mail Online
It's a Birthday Book that will become a snapshot of social history and a unique record of what the Queen means to loyal subjects and wellwishers across the world.

In a tribute to mark Her Majesty’s 90th birthday celebrations, a British company has created an online book where people can leave greetings, photographs and video clips.

Once all the entries are in, the compilation will be presented in electronic form at Buckingham Palace in July.

The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration Episode 1
The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration

Ant and Dec host a spectacular event in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen.

Set in the private grounds of Windsor Castle, the best of British talent will join more than 900 horses and 1500 participants for this special celebration of the Queen’s life.

Stars taking to the stage will include Dame Helen Mirren, Dame Shirley Bassey, Kylie Minogue, Andrea Bocelli, Gary Barlow, Damian Lewis, Jess Glynne, Imelda Staunton, Jim Carter, Alfie Boe, James Blunt, Katherine Jenkins, Beverley Knight, Jennifer Saunders, Alan Titchmarsh and Martin Clunes whilst performers in the arena will include The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Chilean Huasos, Azerbaijani horses and riders and over 100 Military and Commonwealth Pipers. The celebration will also include rare archive footage and will tell the story of the Queen’s remarkable life from her birth in 1926 to a reign spanning more than 60 years.
Street Parties: How to organise your celebration for the Queen's 90th birthday | Calendar - ITV News
Organisers of a huge party in Central London to mark the Queen's 90th Birthday in June are encouraging people across the country to hold their own street parties to coincide with the celebrations.

Thousands of people lined the streets of the nation in 2012 to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee, and there is hope that similar scenes will take place during the weekend of June 12th.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom