90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be lovely if the photoshoot was video recorded with all the children interacting with each other and the Queen.

Would love to see the parents trying to wrangle their toddler..:D

Maybe at Christmas they will release a video of the photoshoot or maybe release it to celebrate Prince Philip's birthday.

Ah the thought of Prince Philip surrounded by five little ones all running around him.:D

The BRF don't tend to release those sorts of images believing rightly that they are their private lives and so are kept private.

We probably won't get any pictures at all of this dinner, unless there are some of some guests arriving but even that can be avoided if the royals really wish it by simply having the people arrive earlier than expected and changing inside the castle.

Has there been any interviews or photos of Andrew and his girls. I have seen the rest of the family in interview or photos etc there is so much about I thought I might have missed it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Andrew and both girls were included in the documentary :flowers:

Photo wise the only grandchildren we have seen are William and the Wessex kids. William is the future king so he was in the generational. The Wessexes are young enough to be included with the 'kiddy photo'. Harry, Zara, Peter and the York girls fell in the middle. They were in the video (cant remember if Zara was), and I'd think they will all make appearances at some of the celebrations.

Thank you I thought I had missed something over the last few days ?

The Quiz has the following question:

How many greatgrandchildren does HM have?

Options - 0, 2, 4, 6 (hard to get the answer correct when they don't have the correct answer as an option - 5) They even said it was 2 (obviously only counting George and Charlotte and ignoring Savannah, Isla and Mia)

I therefore ended up with a score of 11/12 - which is really all that anyone who knows the Queen can get correct.

I long the one with thr Queen and Princess Charlotte.

BBC One - The Day I Met the Queen, Ainsley Harriott
To mark the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II, chef Ainsley Harriott is in his home city of London meeting ordinary people with extraordinary stories of when they met HM the Queen. His heartwarming and often moving journey around south east England has him meeting a couple who have been married for 63 years, thanks to the Queen.

Dog-lover Ainsley meets a corgi who found a new home after meeting the Queen, and he cooks up a dinner fit for a Queen as he reminisces about his job as chef for Princess Margaret, whose sister often popped round for lunch.
Watch live: tvpc.com - BBC 1 09:15 - APR 21.

Last edited:
The morning shows/news channels have been full of praise for our beloved monarch.

BBC One - The Queen's 90th Birthday Watch live: tvpc.com - BBC 1 11:00 - APR 21.

Kirsty Young presents live coverage of Her Majesty the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations from Royal Windsor. Together with His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen embarks on a walkabout through the town to greet well-wishers, as she becomes the first reigning British monarch to celebrate this milestone. Kirsty is joined by a host of well-known faces to celebrate this very special day.

And watch throughout the day:

tvpc.com - BBC News 24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg

Last edited:
Her Majesty on twitter/facebook:

"I send my best wishes to those who are celebrating their ninetieth birthday on 21 April 2016. On this shared occasion, I send my warm congratulations to you all. Elizabeth R."

euronews (tv channel) shows live the queen

What a glorious day for the birthday walkabout and drive back to Windsor on the 'queen mobile' :D

I can't get enough of all these celebrations and photos coming up! Seriously!

I immensely enjoyed the new photographs taken by Leibovitz; My favourite is the pictures of Her Majesty with Anne. So natural, heartwarming and beautiful:flowers:. I also like the picture withthe children. Mia stealing the queen's handbag is so hilarious! And finally HM has a toddler in her arms:lol:.

I must say that I wans't a fan of the generational photo as it seemed oto much photoshopped. That pic must be a bit old though, and I think they were taken when the photos og George with a nnewborn Charlotte were released.

I can't get enough of all these celebrations and photos coming up! Seriously!

I immensely enjoyed the new photographs taken by Leibovitz; My favourite is the pictures of Her Majesty with Anne. So natural, heartwarming and beautiful:flowers:. I also like the picture withthe children. Mia stealing the queen's handbag is so hilarious! And finally HM has a toddler in her arms:lol:.

I must say that I wans't a fan of the generational photo as it seemed oto much photoshopped. That pic must be a bit old though, and I think they were taken when the photos og George with a nnewborn Charlotte were released.

Are you talking about the stamp photo or the one with all the kids? The stamp photo was done last summer. They needed time to make the stamps to release for her birthday. Plus they had to get all 4 heads to be able to be a stamp. That's why George is how he is.

Are you talking about the stamp photo or the one with all the kids? The stamp photo was done last summer. They needed time to make the stamps to release for her birthday. Plus they had to get all 4 heads to be able to be a stamp. That's why George is how he is.

Ops, my post wasn't enough apparently. Yes, I was taking about the stamp photo. So, an old articl (don't rembember if it was the DM) climing that George had been made standing on a pile of books for the pic was right. And many didn't believe it:lol:

It would be lovely if the photoshoot was video recorded with all the children interacting with each other and the Queen.

Would love to see the parents trying to wrangle their toddler..:D

Maybe at Christmas they will release a video of the photoshoot or maybe release it to celebrate Prince Philip's birthday.

Ah the thought of Prince Philip surrounded by five little ones all running around him.:D

That photo would be absolutely priceless :ROFLMAO:

All 3 photos are terrific, Annie Leibovitz did a fantastic job.

I especially love how little Mia stole her great-granny's handbag- after all it wouldn't be a royal photo if HM's handbag wasn't included!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
these photos are just precious. how fabulous!
specially adorable is the one of HM and her grandchildren.

Very funny that when The Queen got ready to cut her cake today, she asked the baker "does it cut?" The Queen remembers how difficult it was to cut a cake a while ago. She was very happy when the knife went in with very little effort.

I would love to to see the picture of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with all their descendants and their respective spouses.

I agree Biri. I think a photo of the Queen and Phillip with their children and spouses, grandchildren and spouses and great grandchildren would be a fabulous picture. Maybe there is more to come later. (Fingers crossed)

Is there a link to the video of the festivities that can be viewed in the U.S.? I clicked on some of the links provided in this forum from BBC and got message it could only be viewed in UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling we will get a picture tonight of the attendees. That's why the Wessex children were included with the great-grandchildren. They were too young for the dinner tonight so the Queen didn't want them left out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom