The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

They weren't taking a formal picture, but were watching a fireworks display.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The big family picture they did a while back the Queen's 80 I think. Had the Queen, Philip, her kids with spouses, adult grandkids with spouse ( It was only Autumn then, I think they were engaged) plus Sarah, David and their spouses, Duke & Duchess of Gloucester, Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra , Prince & Princess Michael. All in tuxes and evening gowns. It was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
That photo was for HM and DoE's 60th wedding anniversary in 2007. They may do a similar one next year for their 70th wedding anniversary.

Here's the picture taken Nov 18, 2007 -
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...photo/77971262

The photo was taken as part of a formal dinner celebration hosted by the PoW and DoCo, notice 4-year-old Louise wasn't there. So even if they do something similar next year, don't expect to see James, Savannah, Isla, George, Mia, or Charlotte at the dinner/photoshoot.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's birthday: How the Royal Cavalry of the Sultanate of Oman are preparing for Her Majesty's 90th celebrations
Old 03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Her Majesty The Queen's 90th Birthday Beacons
Quote:
There is a long and unbroken tradition in our country of celebrating Royal jubilees, weddings, coronations and special birthdays with the lighting of beacons -- whether it’s on top of mountains, churches or castle battlements; on town and village greens, farms, country parks or along the beaches surrounding our shores. The lighting of beacons unites the nation in a common celebration and it’s how many of us will be paying our respects to Her Majesty The Queen on her 90th birthday this April.

The last major beacon celebration was on Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on 4th June 2012. This year’s Beacon lighting will take place on Thursday 21st April 2016. Beacons will be lit throughout the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and UK Overseas Territories in celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s milestone birthday. HMTQ has also agreed to be the first to light the Principal beacon on the day.

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales has written a message to all beacon lighters around the country. It reads:

“I am delighted that so many people throughout the United Kingdom are coming together to light beacons in celebration of my mother, The Queen's, ninetieth birthday. It is a wonderful gesture which I know has deeply touched Her Majesty.

Beacons are to be lit on mountaintops, on beaches, in farmyards and on church towers, uniting us all in our heartfelt appreciation of The Queen's lifetime of service to the United Kingdom and other Realms, and to the Commonwealth.

Since time immemorial, the light of beacons has relayed important messages across the land. "This message we proclaim with the greatest pride and affection: Your Majesty, we all wish you a very Happy Birthday!"
Old 03-30-2016, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

That's great, very fascinating!
Old 03-30-2016, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that it would be nice to see an official photo of the RF. It would be nice to see HM's grandchildren and great-grandchildren there too, however I'm doubtful about it for the same reasons as others here have pointed out. I hope that I'm pleasantly surprised, though!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

It woulnd't make sense to release a photo wiht only George and Charlotte to me, unless said photo includes all of HM's grandchildren. Now, that would be a a very welcoming picture!
Old 03-30-2016, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if not all The Queen's great-grandchildren were present, then a picture of her with George and Charlotte is all you would get. Some think it wouldn't be fair to the other kids, but the only way to correct it would be for an official picture of The Queen with all the kids to be taken. Doubt it would happen though, because for some odd reason the family don't seem to be interested in taking a nice big family picture.

We see the other royal houses don't seem to have a problem getting together and taking official family pictures. The Windsor's doing so is a bit too much like right, IMO. The extended family don't have to be included. A picture of just the immediate family members would be great.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Gentry

Since Autumn and Peter were in Windsor for Easter Sunday, its very possible they were there Monday too with Isla and Savannah for the photoshoot
Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It woulnd't make sense to release a photo wiht only George and Charlotte to me, unless said photo includes all of HM's grandchildren. Now, that would be a a very welcoming picture!
Didn't she do one with the grandchildren for the Golden Jubilee?

She only had Charles' family in the one for the Diamond Jubilee and not all the grandchildren then.

As a result of the 'narrowing focus' of the royal family I very much doubt that there will ever be a photo released to the public of The Queen with all the great-grandchildren. Anne's grandchildren aren't royal so why include them for the public? For her private collection sure but not for the public consumption.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

She only had Charles' family in the one for the Diamond Jubilee and not all the grandchildren then.

As a result of the 'narrowing focus' of the royal family I very much doubt that there will ever be a photo released to the public of The Queen with all the great-grandchildren. Anne's grandchildren aren't royal so why include them for the public? For her private collection sure but not for the public consumption.
It doesn't matter if Princess Anne's children aren't royal, the point is to officially photograph her family. It would be good just to include Charles and Camilla, Cambridge's and Prince Harry.

Just release a family picture!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-30-2016, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think its more likely that family picture will be taken either 21 April or 10/11 June

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully it's Apr 21 instead of June.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-30-2016, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, if not all The Queen's great-grandchildren were present, then a picture of her with George and Charlotte is all you would get. Some think it wouldn't be fair to the other kids, but the only way to correct it would be for an official picture of The Queen with all the kids to be taken. Doubt it would happen though, because for some odd reason the family don't seem to be interested in taking a nice big family picture.

We see the other royal houses don't seem to have a problem getting together and taking official family pictures. The Windsor's doing so is a bit too much like right, IMO. The extended family don't have to be included. A picture of just the immediate family members would be great.
Since the immediate family is four generations, and spread across the country, that isnt as simple as you would have it. As well as the grandkids who are private citizens with jobs, one of whom works in NY though she comes home often. Its not like CG rounding up his kids who except for Maddie, all live in Stockholm and she is back often enough, for a photo. Or many of the other royals.

Quote:

Because its a family portrait. And Zara and Peter and their daughters are as much her family as the grandkids with titles. I highly doubt the queen ranks her grandchildren based on order of succession.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

The more people in the photograph, the smaller each person appears in the photograph.

If there is a party or photograph it will probably be the 'adults' only.

Including Princess Margaret grandsons, the party would be 32 people if you add Margarita who will be 14 then you have 33 and Louise will make 34.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would think that she would more likely release one photo of herself with Philip, maybe one with just her children and one with the future kings - Charles, William and George.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

A picture of just The Queen & Philip, Charles & Camilla, William & Catherine, Harry, George and Charlotte would good enough for me.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-31-2016, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

I think if any photographs are released it would be one with the adults at the party and one with her and her children, similar to the 60th wedding anniversary.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think they should/would just go the Wales/Cambridge route. During the documentary they emphasized that this was a 'personal' milestone, not a royal/public one like the jubilee.That is why the video was meant to be by the people who knew her best.

The jubilee was another story. It was focussed on her reign and the continuation of the monarchy. It made some sense to focus on the queen and her heir and his family. To emphasize the succession that will follow her.

This is a personal family event. It makes sense to emphasize the FAMILY and that is not just Charles and his branch. I agree, it could likely be just the adults at the party in a picture. Perhaps some private photos with the queen and the kids released as well. We know all the kids were at Windsor at some point recently.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen approves children’s book in celebration of her 90th birthday | Royal | News | Daily Express