90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg
Both BBC News Channel and Sky News sent live during Her Majesty's engagements, and the 90th birthday has been the main story trough the day until 4 pm when the news of Victoria Wood's death become known.

The Queen at 90 - ITV News

LISTEN: Blue Cross rescue animals sing the Queen Happy Birthday | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Queen at 90 in 90 photographs - News

Just another day at the office as One turns 90 | | The Times & The Sunday Times
It was a cross between a warm-up and a dress rehearsal: the Queen’s birthday, Part 1.

On the day before she turns 90, the sovereign was out and about in Windsor today, meeting the country’s longest-serving postal worker and opening a bandstand.

It was in a sense just another working day for the country’s longest-reigning — and oldest — monarch, only with added crowds and television cameras.

The Queen's life commemorated in stamps* | Daily Mail Online

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/20/15/335B797500000578-3549595-image-a-79_1461163026551.jpg

I'm guessing her official photo will be released tonight, right?

I'm guessing her official photo will be released tonight, right?
I don't know. I also wonder how the newspapers will cover it. When she turned 80, the front pages were full of it, but I'm guessing that most of the paper goes with Victoria Wood tonight.

Don't forget: The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed. I've posted the link above in post 408.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget: The Queen At 90: Tonight At 9pm - Documentary where William, Edward and Sophie are interviewed. I've posted the link above in post 408.

Just watched it. The program was very nice and insightful. To hear Prince Edward talk about the difficulties in being on school break as a young kid, and not having their parents around at the same time was something new.

I just read on another forum that the 4 generations picture was taken in June last year. That must be why George is wearing the same clothes he wore in Charlotte's first pictures.

Wow, it's what some of us had wanted.

This photo is lovely. So glad to see all the great grandchildren included!

Yes, I am so happy they did one with all the great-grandkids. A bit odd to put Louise and James in there, even though age wise they are close, but still such a great pic. Though Charlotte looks almost as if she is photoshopped in from the last Wales pics (not the ski ones, the ones outdoors in warm weather), maybe its just the outfit.

Mia is holding the Queen's purse.
The Queen's purse needs a Instagram account

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Wasn't expecting to see James and Louise in the picture - yes they are closer in age to the great grandkids but still would have preferred 3 pictures along these lines
1- queen and her children
2 - queen and all grandchildren
3 - queen and all great-grandchildren

Also not a fan of Annie Leibovtz as the photographer - it seems to be quite dark and moody the picture. My personal perference is for "lighter" shots

But Mia is beyond cute with Gan-Gan's handbag

The caption of The Telegraph reads 'new portraits unveiled' so hopefully that means more than 1!

I agree, a pic of her with her 1. kids 2. grandkids 3. great-grandkids would be great. I wonder if Louise is a bit put off by being grouped with the little kids. She is a pre-teen and most kids her age don't lie being at the kiddy table, or in this case, the kiddy photo.

Mia looks so sweet with Gan-Gan's purse.

The caption of The Telegraph reads 'new portraits unveiled' so hopefully that means more than 1!

There are apparently more due to be released at midnight (although a picture of the Queen and Princess Royal has been released already)

The photo of the Queen with her grandchildren and great grandchildren is one that will be reproduced a lot in future years I think. It's gorgeous but I wish it wasn't quite so dark.

I agree, a pic of her with her 1. kids 2. grandkids 3. great-grandkids would be great. I wonder if Louise is a bit put off by being grouped with the little kids. She is a pre-teen and most kids her age don't lie being at the kiddy table, or in this case, the kiddy photo.

Mia looks so sweet with Gan-Gan's purse.

I love Mia holding Granny's handbag. In this photo I think that James is wishing he was somewhere else though. Lovely photo of HM and her youngest grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Guys, remember when some wanted a picture of The Queen holding George? Well she's holding Charlotte!

The picture of The Queen and her daughter is beyond precious.

I like this picture of Her Majesty posing on the steps at Windsor with her corgis.

Last edited:
Yes she does, and that's my favourite part of the picture.

the grand/greatgrandchildren photo and the one of The Queen and Princess Anne are just wonderful. And with the possibility of more to come!

Back
Top Bottom