90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Squee! How about those cheeks and the big boy pose atop the pile of ?books?painted blocks?. Wow, can you see the family resemblance!
The POW looks about to burst with glee! Too cute.
But I do think if foul that the DM cropped the photo. 4 Generations edited to suit their agenda.
And I love Daddy holding his little hand.

William is probably holding his hand to keep him from bolting after a corgi. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What a wonderful photograph of a beloved monarch and the legacy that will continue through three generations after her.

I, also, thought it was quite rude for publications to be splitting heirs to suit their own headlines and agendas. The photo was taken to signify continuity in the monarchy and by cropping the picture, I believe the photo has lost its intended meaning.

Very nice generational picture. I like that the focus is on the heirs to the throne. Although, I thought Charlotte was going to be included.

HELLO wrote that Annie Leibovitz took shots of the Queen, George and Charlotte at Windsor Castle on Easter Monday, but this photo is taken in the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace.

William's ''bollocking'' from Queen
In the programme, William - who has previously spoken in glowing terms about the Queen and her benign influence on the whole family - credited her with helping him through the loss of his mother, Diana Princess of Wales, saying she has been a powerful female influence in his life.

He also highlighted his grandmother had been "incredibly supportive" of him and been someone for him to look up to.

He said: "She's been a very strong female influence and having lost my mother at a young age, it's been particularly important to me that I've had somebody like the Queen to look up to and who's been there and who has understood some of the more, um, complex issues when you lose a loved one...

"So she's been incredibly supportive and I've really appreciated her guidance."

The documentary will be shown on Sky News at 9pm on Wednesday.

The fascinating story behind Prince George's first stamp*
Ranald Mackechnie, who has not even told his wife he took the picture, said: “He was absolutely charming, as you can see from the picture. You only have a short window of opportunity with small children, but Prince George was on good form and everyone seemed to enjoy seeing him enjoy the day.

The photograph was taken in the summer of last year, and Mr Mackechnie signed a confidentiality agreement that meant he could not even tell his wife he had been to Buckingham Palace.

“She still doesn’t know,” he said yesterday. “She will only find out when this is made public. I stuck to the John le Carre theory that if you tell one person, you’ve told everyone.”

Oh I see, these pics are the stamps. Not the ones taken at Windsor.

The Queen, Prince Charles, William and George pose for new postage stamp | Daily Mail Online
Perched proudly on a pile of foam blocks, but holding Daddy's hand just in case, Prince George poses for his very first postage stamp alongside his father, his grandfather – and the great-grandmother whose face has appeared on more stamps than anyone in history.

Ahead of the Queen's 90th birthday tomorrow, the Royal Mail has released this historic image.

It is the scene on a new sheet of four commemorative First Class stamps.

Prince William recalls day Queen gave him a right royal telling off | Daily Mail Online
He said: 'We were chasing Zara around who was on a go-cart, and Peter and I managed to herd Zara into a lamppost and the lamppost came down and nearly squashed her and I remember my grandmother being the first person out at Balmoral running across the lawn in her kilt.

'She came charging over and gave us the most almighty bollocking, and that sort of stuck in my mind from that moment on.'

So this photosession was done in the summer of 2015. George has already grown and his face has changed a little since these were taken.

I did notice how young George looked.

Oh I see, these pics are the stamps. Not the ones taken at Windsor.
If the HELLO rumors about Annie Leibovitz taking photos of the Queen, George and Charlotte at Windsor Castle are true? Then I think the palace will release them tomorrow night.

When I first saw the photo and was thinking it was one of the Annie Leibovitz, one of the first things I thought was -did Kate by this George outfit in multiple sizes?

Video:
Watch A Special Programme On Queen's 90th Birthday Tonight On Sky News

William 'Looked Up To Queen' After Diana Died
Prince William has spoken of the incredible support he received from the Queen in the years following the death of his mother, Princess Diana.

Speaking to Sky News as the family prepares to celebrate Her Majesty's 90th birthday, the Duke of Cambridge said his grandmother had been a "strong female influence" to him - especially during his teenage years.

"Having lost my mother at a very young age, it has been particularly important for me that I had somebody like the Queen to look up to and who has been there and has understood some of the more complex issues when you lose a loved one," he said.

Prince William was 15 when his mother was killed in a car crash in Paris - and following her death in 1997, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were heavily criticised for staying in Balmoral with William and Harry rather than immediately returning to Buckingham Palace.

It is an aspect of his relationship with his grandmother that he has rarely spoken about publicly.
Our caring Queen.

Important message for those who always criticizes William:
Despite recent criticism in the newspapers for trying to balance his royal duties, family life and his job as an air ambulance pilot, he insists he has his grandmother's backing.

"Surprisingly, she is very supportive of what I'm doing at the moment - she understands that I'm a family man and I want to be around for my children as much as I can," he said.

"She's very much at the helm, the Queen, she's incredibly active and her schedule's packed. My father is very active, charitably and otherwise - and there's me, Harry, Catherine and everyone else so there's a time and a place for taking on more and more responsibilities."

The Duke of Cambridge added he is looking forward to stepping up his royal duties in the future, but for now is concentrating on his children and his "incredibly worthwhile and meaningful job" serving the community with the air ambulance service.

Prince William said these commitments, combined with serving the Queen as and when required, was a "good balance".

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will carry out public engagements today in Windsor ahead of her actual birthday tomorrow. Her official birthday will be celebrated in June.

A special programme, The Queen At 90, is on Sky News at 9pm tonight - with live coverage throughout Thursday.
Really looking forward to seeing this documentary.

And a movingly video by our beloved monarch with better photos than the telegraph video:
Celebrating The Queen's 90th Birthday With 90 Images From Her Life

Last edited:

First off...The Portrait & Stamps are gorgeous!! The look in George's eyes though. Boy, do I pity his future Teachers...There's mischief just shining there. :D

Second...The story about those two chasing Zara & what happened...I would have given them a Royal (literally in this case) telling off too. Honestly, the stuff kids get up to, I'm amazed any of us make it considering some of the dumb things all of us have done in our past.

If the HELLO rumors about Annie Leibovitz taking photos of the Queen, George and Charlotte at Windsor Castle are true? Then I think the palace will release them tomorrow night.

Unless they're meant for Charlotte's 1st Birthday picture. Not that I can see that considering George's, but maybe? Just something I've been pondering. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think you call in Annie Leibovitz in for Charlotte's 1st birthday pictures. Kate could have easily take Charlotte and Gan Gan pictures. George's 1st birthday pictures were done by the PA photographer who did the recent ski trip photos.

It's middle of the night here, but I'm watching the US election thing. Haven't people here seen the important message for those who always criticizes William.

The Queen's birthday dominates all the morning shows, and both royal editor of the Sunday Express Camilla Tominey and Royal Correspondent for The Mail on Sunday Katie Nicholl was actually very supportive of William.

BBC One - The Day I Met the Queen, John Craven
To mark the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II, John Craven is in his home territory of the north of England to speak to people with extraordinary stories of when they met the Queen. John's journey also takes in the midlands where he visits the people who make the Queen's handbags.

In Manchester, John meets a couple who had a very welcome royal gatecrasher at their wedding, and in Bradford he spends time with a policeman and a doctor who were honoured for their endeavours during the Bradford football fire, in which 56 people lost their lives.
Watch live: tvpc.com - BBC 1 09:15 - APR 20:

Queen's 90th birthday: Prince William pays tribute - BBC News

Full interview - video:
Prince William: 'I don't lie awake waiting to be king' - BBC News
On the eve of the Queen's 90th birthday on Thursday, the next but one king - Prince William - has been speaking to the BBC about his grandmother, his interpretation of "royal duty" and recent criticisms that he is a somewhat "reluctant royal".
The prince also told the BBC's Royal Correspondent Nicholas Witchell about his own ambitions for the monarchy when he finally succeeds to the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful photograph of a beloved monarch and the legacy that will continue through three generations after her.

I, also, thought it was quite rude for publications to be splitting heirs to suit their own headlines and agendas. The photo was taken to signify continuity in the monarchy and by cropping the picture, I believe the photo has lost its intended meaning.

What a wonderful pic..... and with a grain of British Humor with little George! LOOOOOVE it
Bye Bine

William is probably holding his hand to keep him from bolting after a corgi. ?

It looks to me like George is holding on to his daddy's thumb, which is adorable.

The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebrations Begin

Queen's birthday:*Monarch begins celebrations with Royal Mail depot day before she turns 90
Britain’s longest-serving monarch met Britain’s longest-serving postman today as she shared the start of her 90th birthday celebrations with Royal Mail’s 500th anniversary.

Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh arrived at the main sorting office in Windsor, after making the short journey from Windsor Castle, to begin the first official engagement of her birthday week.

The Queen, whose birthday is on Thursday, was greeted by a cheering crowd of hundreds of invited guests who had gathered in the car park to wish her an early Happy Birthday.

And doesn't she look great:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/20/11/335C259A00000578-3549318-image-a-74_1461149872862.jpg

Last edited:
BBC One Programmes April 21st 2016:

The Day I Met The Queen- 9:15am
"People recall what it's like to meet Her Majesty The Queen".

The Queen's 90th Birthday: 11am
"Kirsty Young presents live coverage of Her Majesty the Queen's 90th birthday celebrations from Royal Windsor. Together with His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen embarks on a walkabout through the town to greet well-wishers, as she becomes the first reigning British monarch to celebrate this milestone. Kirsty is joined by a host of well-known faces to celebrate this very special day."

Elizabeth at 90: A Family Tribute- 9pm
"A unique celebration of the Queen's ninety years as she reaches her landmark birthday in April. Film-maker John Bridcut has been granted special access to the complete collection of Her Majesty's personal ciné films, shot by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen herself, as well as by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother. Much of it has never been seen publicly before.

Various members of the Royal Family are filmed watching this private footage and contributing their own personal insights and their memories of the woman they know both as a member of their own close family and as queen.

Among those taking part are the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Princess Royal, the Duke of Kent and his sister Princess Alexandra, who has never before given an interview."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone

Back
Top Bottom