The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2016, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a two-part documentary, total of four hours. Even British Monarchy is tweeting about it.

What we see now is just for promotion, there will be lots more to come on the 27th

Old 03-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It's a two-part documentary, total of four hours. Even British Monarchy is tweeting about it.

What we see now is just for promotion, there will be lots more to come on the 27th
Yes of course there will be lots more to come on the 27th, but I don't think it is a two-part documentary.

Our Queen at Ninety Episode 1
Quote:
Episode: 1 of 1

Old 03-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes of course there will be lots more to come on the 27th, but I don't think it is a two-part documentary.

Our Queen at Ninety Episode 1
My bad. I thought it was part 1 of 2. Thanks
Old 03-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, don't spoil this doc for everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I am glad we got a glimpse of the diplomatic reception though. I just think if they can show the event in a documentary, they could also release some official pictures on the day of the event. I mean, who knew William wear his Garter on his left calf on this occasion?
I noticed the same and couldn't figure out why both Charles and William appeared to have an odd bunch up around their trouser legs. Thank you for solving the mystery.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I noticed the same and couldn't figure out why both Charles and William appeared to have an odd bunch up around their trouser legs. Thank you for solving the mystery.
Yeah, the men wear their Garters on their left calf and the women wear theirs on the left upper arm.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Whenever George and Charlotte stay over with the Queen, she leaves a little gift in their rooms. HM seems like a very doting great grandmother.

Looking forward to the rest of documentary
Old 03-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen on horseback: Mag marks an equestrian life - Horsetalk.co.nz
Old 03-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

And we should all get our children/grandchildren to color Emma and send it to the Queen for her Birthday. Or for those of us who have joined the adults who color world, we can do it! http://www.breyerhorses.com/files/im...ny_Drawing.pdf
Old 03-21-2016, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's Patron Lunch: inside the bespoke hamper each guest will receive

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html
Old 03-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Just one month left till the big day, and I'm starting to wait for information from the palace about the Queen's actual birthday at Windsor. When she celebrated her 80th birthday in 2006 both the walkabout outside Windsor Castle on April 21 and the special Service of Thanksgiving at St George's Chapel on April 23 was broadcasted live on BBC One and I hope the same happens again.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

More from the documentary Our Queen at Ninety:
What to buy the Queen for Christmas? Chutney, says Duchess - Telegraph
Quote:
In her first ever solo television interview, the Duchess said: “She [the Queen] really cares.

“I can remember being at Sandringham, for the first time, at Christmas. And I was worried what to give the Queen as her Christmas present.

“I was thinking, ‘Gosh, what should I give her?’

“I thought back to what would I give my own grandparents. And I thought, ‘I’ll make her something.’ Which could have gone horribly wrong.

“But I decided to make my granny’s recipe of chutney.”

She added: “I was slightly worried about it, but I noticed the next day that it was on the table.

“I think such a simple gesture went such a long way for me and I’ve noticed since she’s done that on lots of occasions and I think it just shows her thoughtfulness, really, and her care in looking after everybody.”

The recipe is thought to have been a marrow chutney, which takes several hours to prepare.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Pub opening times will be extended to mark the Queen's 90th birthday, David Cameron announced during PMQs.

Hours will be extended on 10 and 11 June as celebrations get under way.

Pub opening times extended for Queen's birthday - ITV News
Old 03-24-2016, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen's official 90th birthday tea towel goes on sale for £9.95 | Daily Mail Online

One's Life behind scenes!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-rare-7617238

Sophie Wessex explains the Queen's famous sense of style
http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/...style-fashion/

Prince Harry hails Queen remarkable admits struggles pressure walking footsteps
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...footsteps.html
Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

These quotes of the family sharing their thoughts and musings are precious tidbits!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen at 90: Everything you need to know about the Royal celebrations - goodtoknow
Old 03-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

The television program 'Our Queen at 90' is to have 11 members of her family speaking.

Prince Charles
The Duchess of Cornwall
Duke of York
Princess Beatrice
Princess Eugenie
Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
Duke of Cambridge
Duchess of Cambridge
Prince Harry
Margaret Rhodes

I wonder why Princess Anne did not participate. I would have also loved to hear from Princess Alexandra, The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips.

From the snippets, it seems:
Prince Charles spoke about his mother as Queen and mother.

The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke of York, Princess Eugenie, Margaret Rhodes, and The Duchess of Cambridge spoke about the private Queen.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Beatrice, The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry only spoke about her as Queen.

I hope there is more comments from her family than was published and the program includes her only daughter.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

There have been quotes from Eugenie - she talks about Granny loving Balmoral.

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/...incess-eugenie

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

President Obama pays tribute to 'inspirational' Queen in 90th birthday message - Telegraph
Quote:
President Barack Obama has described the Queen as “an inspiration” and a vital part of America’s “special relationship” with the UK in a 90th birthday message from the White House.

Mr Obama said he was “glad to be the very first President of the United States to wish [a British monarch] a happy 90th birthday”.

His birthday message for the Queen, who will be 90 on April 21, was recorded for the two-hour ITV documentary Our Queen at Ninety, which will be broadcast tonight.

Mr Obama said: “For nine decades Her Majesty has been a source of strength and inspiration, not only for the people of Britain, but for millions of people around the world.

“And when The Queen hosted Michelle and me at Buckingham Palace we saw the same grace and good humour, that generous human touch, that the people of the United Kingdom have loved for generations. My girls were especially excited to receive a guided tour of the Palace when they visited on Sasha’s own birthday.

“We often speak of the deep and enduring partnership between our two countries. It is indeed a special relationship. And Her Majesty has been a vital part of what keeps our relationship so special.

“The United States is extremely grateful for her steady and energetic leadership and we look forward to Her Majesty’s continued service in the years to come. Happy birthday, your Majesty.”
Old 03-27-2016, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cornwall praises The Queen in upcoming ITV documentary 'The Queen at 90' | Daily Mail Online

Diana's private secretary:How the Queen hels a nation together
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-together.html

"I had benn warned about the Royal sense of humour but wasn't prepared for its dryness"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-dryness.html
Old 03-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder if the monarchy website will create a special web page dedicated to The Queen's birthday? They did for her 80th. Although, they don't much with that site anymore.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS