90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Celebrations for
Queen Elizabeth II's 90th Birthday
will take place in May and June 2016

ElizabethII-90_zpspkkp1yhr.jpg

Last edited:
The thread about the Queen's 90th birthday should either be opened / modified or maybe a new thread should be opened? There is new information today.

Home The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

Royal Windsor Horse Show to host The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

Royal Windsor Horse Show, an event that takes place for the 73rd time this year, will host one of the main celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday from 13th – 16th May 2016.

Queen's 90th birthday event to celebrate 'love of horses' - BBC News

Plans for Queen's 90th birthday party revealed - ITV News

National celebrations planned for The Queen's 90th birthday next year

But in April and May of 2016 there will be plenty of festivities to mark yet another significant moment in an already historic reign. And, fittingly, this special celebration will be centred around The Queen’s lifelong passion for horses – everyone should get to spend their birthday just how they want to, after all.

BBC misses out on showing Queen's 90th birthday celebrations after Jubilee criticism - Telegraph

It's ITV One: Queen 'snubs BBC' for coverage of her 90th birthday celebrations after criticism of Jubilee 'farce' | Daily Mail Online

The Queen doesn't snubs anything. The palace has decided that itv should broadcast it.

There was also a mistaken description of the Queen as 'HRH' – rather than 'Her Majesty'.

This is something the BBC and the Daily Fail have in common.

Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate 90th birthday with 7,000 at horse-themed Windsor party | Royal | News | Daily Express

The Royal Household is expected to make further announcements later this year about other events marking the Queen's 90th birthday on April 21 2016. On September 9 this year, she will become Britain¹s longest reigning monarch, surpassing Queen Victoria, who reigned for 63 years and 216 days.

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear about the other celebrations plans. I think there will be a year long of celebrations planned. I hope tons of European royals will be making their way to take part in the celebrations.

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear about the other celebrations plans. I think there will be a year long of celebrations planned. I hope tons of European royals will be making their way to take part in the celebrations.

That would be so nice and a grand event for sure but I'm kind of thinking that HM wouldn't personally want a lot of fuss and bother over a personal birthday. I'm sure she realizes that her people think its a wonderful milestone to reach 90 years old and she's accepted that there will be celebrations but as far as international royals and heads of state, I think her way of thinking is that this kind of gala would be more for events centered on the monarchy itself such as the Diamond Jubilee was.

Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree. Its that kind of day.

I'm almost sure that no head of state / foreign royals will be invited to attend these or other events to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday. For my part, I prefer it that way.

Last edited:
That would be so nice and a grand event for sure but I'm kind of thinking that HM wouldn't personally want a lot of fuss and bother over a personal birthday. I'm sure she realizes that her people think its a wonderful milestone to reach 90 years old and she's accepted that there will be celebrations but as far as international royals and heads of state, I think her way of thinking is that this kind of gala would be more for events centered on the monarchy itself such as the Diamond Jubilee was.

Then again I could be barking up the wrong tree. Its that kind of day.

I would think it's very important for at least some foreign royals to attend her 90th Birthday celebrations next year. I'm not expecting any foreign royals to attend the Windsor events but the other celebrations that's being planned. I'm sure they will be a service of thanksgiving at Westminster or St. Paul's. Also, I think there will be a reception and dinner too.

The British royals need to get with the program when it comes to celebrating a major milestone like this.

The British royals need to get with the program when it comes to celebrating a major milestone like this.

Its a personal milestone though and not one related to the monarchy like perhaps when HM surpasses Queen Victoria as the longest reigning monarch in history. I don't think HM would even want to celebrate that milestone to be honest. If there is one person that isn't in it for the accolades, fame and glory and self satisfaction in things, it'd be HM.

Its a personal milestone though and not one related to the monarchy like perhaps when HM surpasses Queen Victoria as the longest reigning monarch in history. I don't think HM would even want to celebrate that milestone to be honest. If there is one person that isn't in it for the accolades, fame and glory and self satisfaction in things, it'd be HM.

It is a milestone related to the Monarchy. No other Monarch in British history has reached the age of 90. If Her Majesty's health hold up, next years celebrations should be grand for a great grand old lady. The UK, Commonwealth and world will be coming together to celebrate her birthday and years of service.

It is a milestone related to the Monarchy. No other Monarch in British history has reached the age of 90. If Her Majesty's health hold up, next years celebrations should be grand for a great grand old lady. The UK, Commonwealth and world will be coming together to celebrate her birthday and years of service.

Maybe I stated it wrong but my intent was to say that her birthday is a personal one and not related to the monarchy as her surpassing Queen Victoria as longest reigning monarch in history is.

We'll just have to wait and see what the level of celebrations are going to be. Whatever they are, I sure hope I get to see them all. :D

I can see an event with other people who turn ninety in the same year. I remember the palace doing a similar for her and Philip's anniversaries. Maybe a black tie dinner with the extended royal family?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I can see an event with other people who turn ninety in the same year. I remember the palace doing a similar for her and Philip's anniversaries. Maybe a black tie dinner with the extended royal family?

That sounds nice. I think what celebrations there are will not be grand because 90 is very old and circumstances can change quickly, health wise Also, Prince Philip is already not in the best of health so that will be a factor in what celebrations will occur.

Maybe I stated it wrong but my intent was to say that her birthday is a personal one and not related to the monarchy as her surpassing Queen Victoria as longest reigning monarch in history is.

We'll just have to wait and see what the level of celebrations are going to be. Whatever they are, I sure hope I get to see them all. :D

Not the longest reigning monarch in history. British maybe...

I would think Her Majesty's 90th would be a little similar to The late Queen Mother's 90th Birthday.

Events to mark The Queen's 90th birthday:

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral.

Saturday 11th June: Her Majesty accompanied by Members of the Royal Family will attend at The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade.

Sunday 12th June: The Queen will attend the Patron's Lunch, a celebration of Her Majesty's patronage of over 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2015/EventstomarkTheQueens90thbirthday.aspx

Queen's 90th celebrated with street party for thousands - BBC News

The Queen to join 10,000 people in 90th birthday street party on The Mall - ITV News

Mega street party on The Mall will celebrate Queen's 90th birthday - Telegraph

The Queen's 90th birthday to be celebrated with hamper lunch on The Mall | Daily Mail Online

Home The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2015/EventstomarkTheQueens90thbirthday.aspx

13th – 16th May: Royal Windsor Horse Show, an event that takes place for the 73rd time this year, will host one of the main celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s 90th Birthday. Each evening the event will be attended by a member of The Royal Family, with HM The Queen attending on the final evening.

Friday 10th June: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh will attend a National Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul's Cathedral.

Saturday 11th June: Her Majesty accompanied by Members of the Royal Family will attend at The Queen’s Birthday Parade on Horse Guards Parade.

Sunday 12th June: The Queen will attend the Patron's Lunch, a celebration of Her Majesty's patronage of over 600 organisations in the UK and around the Commonwealth since 1952.

And even more events is set to be announced by the palace later this year.

Events to mark Queen’s 90th birthday announced by Palace
The first announcement on events to mark The Queen’s 90th birthday next year has been given by Buckingham Palace today, with main events centring around The Queen’s Birthday Parade in mid-June, and with more set to be announced later in the year.

The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations is similar to her 80th birthday celebrations in 2006.

I wonder if anything is planned for her actual birthday? On April 21, 2006: She did a walkabout in Windsor, and in the evening, she attended a private family dinner organized by Prince Charles at Kew Palace. The family came outside to watch the fireworks set off for the occasion.

The Queen's 80th birthday 2006.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/...thbirthday2006/TheQueens80thbirthday2006.aspx

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: The Queen's Birthday

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/2014/04/17/000/130/812/gallery_5_3.jpg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/57...hcJG/Jd3qcj+zsirXf+o4uBGlx76q7gTU2AaV11MRsw==

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/57...7DL17+3JSifSE4J9gQ9/1+4+ieaxVN48IwaoQRbnig2A=

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC...W/ss-100423-QueenElizabeth-2006-2.ss_full.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/57...vRzKQIYR48orBzDPE9vOJtbdlAddHLvB74iTmlqdTRA==

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/57...q3Wvjmfdm3FYRs5wCQDm2IDPJ0sAghBmEl1X5vniFvPg=

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/57...CMVRKvnTT9mku1Wvoretjy+EmsYjpFbnAerCzyQK6Qg==

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/57...tUKplPDaiHIWFq6OWTXI7y8RwG1FG9YZSz4c7yRxuKg==

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/71...3s5WqpHoPsXwq0bPDDuOewPDQnJk+tCytCnVYqy0erQ==

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmjH8jwstF0&list=PLy2kHuiZVemplDrjF5Jr6lX82p9bULe-L&index=38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58LmuhZKGus&list=PLy2kHuiZVemplDrjF5Jr6lX82p9bULe-L&index=39

Well done luv, go tell the Queen how to run her own 90th birthday.
Can I just be a fly on the wall and watch the DoE react to you? :flowers:

I would think it's very important for at least some foreign royals to attend her 90th Birthday celebrations next year. I'm not expecting any foreign royals to attend the Windsor events but the other celebrations that's being planned. I'm sure they will be a service of thanksgiving at Westminster or St. Paul's. Also, I think there will be a reception and dinner too.

Get with the programme? I think they were the original architects of the notion! They have all the plans they need. They just tweak the programme where necessary. If they have taken the time and energy working with security throughout the UK to ensure that the only thing not cover in the death of a member of the BRF, is personal mourning, I am quite sure the "happy" anniversaries are well taken care of.

As to which foreign royals attend her official birthday, well that's up to her and if that is what she wants you had better believe the RSVP's went out a couple of years ago!

Well done luv, go tell the Queen how to run her own 90th birthday.
Can I just be a fly on the wall and watch the DoE react to you? :flowers:

I think I will join you there. It will be more entertaining than any party at the palace :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Most all of the British celebrations have part of which the community can come together and celebrate too with the use of street parties, concerts, balcony appearances, putting big screens in the park to watch. Look at all the diamond jubilee events, they tried to get the most people involved to celebrate along with the royal family.

Having a black tie and tiara dinner at BP or Windsor with all the foreign royals doesn't seem like it would be the Queen's thing. She doesn't want the spotlight. But using her birthday celebrations to raise funds to help others- that's something that she can get behind.

Most all of the British celebrations have part of which the community can come together and celebrate too with the use of street parties, concerts, balcony appearances, putting big screens in the park to watch. Look at all the diamond jubilee events, they tried to get the most people involved to celebrate along with the royal family.

Having a black tie and tiara dinner at BP or Windsor with all the foreign royals doesn't seem like it would be the Queen's thing. She doesn't want the spotlight. But using her birthday celebrations to raise funds to help others- that's something that she can get behind.

Well explained!

I don't see the point of inviting all these foreign royals. This celebrations is about the Queen and her service to others, not lavish dinners etc.

Having foreign royals to come over and share in the celebrations for Her Majesty's birthday takes nothing away from the people joining in on the celebrations. The Queen allowed the people to celebrate her Golden Jubilee, she also had a private reception and dinner with her European counterparts. I just hope they will join in the celebrations, that's all.

Also, it would be a perfect opportunity to have foreign royal members of the Order of the Garter to take part in the Garter procession. They haven't done so since the Golden Jubilee year.

So, have the first details of the big celebrations been disclosed officially? I didn't expect them to be! I am looking forward to this event!

More info on events will be released later this year. I think it's going to be a wonderful year of celebrations, God's willing.

Having foreign royals to come over and share in the celebrations for Her Majesty's birthday takes nothing away from the people joining in on the celebrations. The Queen allowed the people to celebrate her Golden Jubilee, she also had a private reception and dinner with her European counterparts. I just hope they will join in the celebrations, that's all.

Also, it would be a perfect opportunity to have foreign royal members of the Order of the Garter to take part in the Garter procession. They haven't done so since the Golden Jubilee year.

I don't think we'll see foreign royals gathering again to celebrate QEII's life in the future, except at Her Majesty's funeral, which, hopefully, won't be any time soon !

They did something similar with regards to the Horse Pageant for her Diamond Jubilee and members of the family attended every day with the Queen on the final day.

Either way I look forward to the celebrations. I would LOVE a family photo like they did for their Diamond wedding anniversary. I know the family is huge now but perhaps they could release a few photos. I would be happy with just one of the Queen with her grandchildren. In the earlier days the Queen used to release family photos frequently, now we only get them on significant birthdays. (My favourite will always be Edward's 50th birthday shot mainly because it was totally unexpected. I expected a single shot of himself in a suit, but the family photo was so cute.)

Back
Top Bottom