Queen Cristina!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure she can make a good queen consort, wonder if she regrets that she hadn't married Phillipe of Belgium who was very interested before.

Really? I don't know this story? Was Philippe of Belgium really interested in Cristina before?

Yes, Cristina was said to be queen consort of Belgium, just like the prince's aunt, Queen Fabiola. But Cristina prefered to marry for love instead of being queen consort.

My opinian: Cristina has a great and beautiful family, but she is shiny like this because she does not have some duties like the crown princes. I do love Letizia and I am completely sure she'll be a great queen consort and will reign for many and many years. :)

I say let her be happy and be a simple Duchess. It takes years of training to be ready to be a King or Queen as the ruler it's self and then to help a spouse to get ready is another passage. I am thrilled that Will and Kate we are able to be simple Will and Kate before moving on to a much bigger stage. They will do the training yet have a sort of simple time. Let Cristina have the simple life without the worries. We still get to see her happy carefree smile.

:winkiss:

Yeap. But you have to pick a better picture because in this one she looks terrible.:D
I genuinly like Christina but this choice of tiara was wrong. All the wedding I had the impression that tiara worn her not otherwise.:confused:
About the King/Queen thing, my two cents: Felipe will be a better King than Cristina and definitively, definitively, Queen Consort Letizia will be better than King Consort (or whatever) Inaki. :winkiss:
IMO of course:flowers:

It seems my instinct was wright. It would be very hard for Cristina to be Queen of Spain with her husband in jail. And even he will not go to jail the Royal Spanish Family was very affected by his not very smart actions. And Cristina was behind him all the way. So... I just hope Felipe and Letizia will get trough this and their hard work for SRF will not be in vain and Felipe will be the next King.

Sorry for bringing this old thread out again, but I hadn´t seen it before and it has been amazing reading it after all what has happened lately.

It´s very funny!... OK, no, actually it´s quite sad :ermm:

But this thread has been an interesting reading for me for many reasons. It has confirmed to me a though that I´ve had for some time now: Cristina always was overrated (also for me, because I used to like her a lot...)

I've always thought that Elena would have made a great Queen, but Cristina, no way, even before the mess.

Sorry for bringing this old thread out again, but I hadn´t seen it before and it has been amazing reading it after all what has happened lately.

It´s very funny!... OK, no, actually it´s quite sad :ermm:

But this thread has been an interesting reading for me for many reasons. It has confirmed to me a though that I´ve had for some time now: Cristina always was overrated (also for me, because I used to like her a lot...)
Thinking about it now, I too overrated Christina in the beginning and underrated Elena. Not so much now. That's for sure. I've always loved F & L, not so much Elena until recently.

I've always thought that Elena would have made a great Queen, but Cristina, no way, even before the mess.

It's not like Elena didn't want to be rich, she was a few years too late, lucky for her. Cristina was intelligent and hard working, Elena was not. If Cristina were the heiress, she might not get into this mess because she didn't need to. The bar would be set a lot higher for the Queen regent, I never got the impression that Elena liked to work that hard, had any interest at politics or foreign relation.

Last edited:
This thread is funny in a sad way now. I'd never seen it before either.

Amazing that so many people viewed Letizia negatively in the beginning. She's really been pretty fantastic in her role and her distance from Cristina and Inaki may well be what saves the monarchy.

The bar would be set a lot higher for the Queen regent, I never got the impression that Elena liked to work that hard, had any interest at politics or foreign relation.

She never had to, at least not after 1968 when Felipe was born. Felipe has been groomed all his life to become what he is now, same would have happened to Elena.

Even today, I think she makes a good & regal figure when representing her country.

She never had to, at least not after 1968 when Felipe was born. Felipe has been groomed all his life to become what he is now, same would have happened to Elena.

She couldn't make it at school. Cristina was studying politics and foreign relation like her brother. I'm sure JC and Sofia would have loved to prepare Elena the same way in case something happened to her younger brother since she was next to the line of succession after her brother until Leonor was born.

Even today, I think she makes a good & regal figure when representing her country.

Wearing designer clothes, smiling, shaking hands, saying a few words are not enough to be the Queen regent in Spain, maybe she is OK in other smaller countries with a stable monarchy, not in a country like Spain.

Well, this is an interesting thread....... :ermm:

But seriously, we don't know how anyone's life would turn out if they were on a different path. We don't know what causes people to lead exemplary lives, or to commit crimes, etc, and when that turning point was.

Just because she is in the position she is in now does not mean Cristina would not have made a great Queen. She certainly would not make a great queen NOW, but if she had not veered down the path she did, who can say? Felipe is thought to lead an exemplary life, but if he had been born into different circumstances, a different family, a country with equal primogeniture, who can say how he'd turn out?

Before the scandal, who was more popular in Spain? Elena or Cristina?

Back
Top Bottom