Infanta Cristina pregnant again!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great news...! i also hope it's a girl. but if it's a boy, no problem as well... they have demonstrated they can make really really cute babies!

Can I ask a bit of an unrelated question. I just went to that Yahoo! link and it brought up a question. Is calling her "Princess Christina" really correct? I had always thought that the English translation of Infanta Christina was something along the lines of "Child of Spain" or something close to that. I was just curious.

On another note, this is such happy news. I have always liked them as a couple...they just seem SO in love.

megknight said:
Is calling her "Princess Christina" really correct? I had always thought that the English translation of Infanta Christina was something along the lines of "Child of Spain" or something close to that.
Hi, Megknight!
To speak correctly, Cristina and Elena are not "Princesses" in title. Only the heir of the throne (Felipe) and his wife (Letizia) are named "Princes"; i.e. the Prince and Princess of Asturias. The other sons and daughters of the King and Queen of Spain are named "Infantes" and the English translation would just be... "Infants"!... ;)
By the way, neither Cristina's, nor Elena's children are given any title. That's a specific rule of the Spanish Royal House, as Spain has not a Court...

Thank you so much for the great explanation!

More pics...

Caption:
Copyright Imagine 2004/BCN/KORPA 20009
0912004 BARCELONA Spain

PRINCESS CRISTINA OF SPAIN LEAVING HER WORK AT 'CAIXA FOUNDATION'
CONFIRMED SHE IS EXPECTING HER 4TH CHILD FOR THE BEGUINING OF NEXT SUMMER.
LATER SHE WENT TO PICK UP HER TWO OLDEST BOYS TO THE SCHOOL AND DROVE THEM
HOME

Attachments

• iñaki491.jpg
    iñaki491.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 324
  • iñaki492.jpg
    iñaki492.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 550
  • iñaki493.jpg
    iñaki493.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 347
  • iñaki494.jpg
    iñaki494.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 344
  • iñaki495.jpg
    iñaki495.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 432
  • iñaki490.jpg
    iñaki490.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 278
Last edited by a moderator:
BARCELONA, SPAIN: Spanish Princess Cristina de Borbon, (L), Spanish rally driver Carlos Sainz (R) and his wife (C, name unavailable) pose before a tribute for Sainz's retirement in Barcelona 15 December 2004.

from Imaginescandinavia

BARCELONA, Spain 15/12/2004 : PRINCESS CRISTINA AND HER HUSBAND MR. URDANGARIN AT THE FIRST APPEARENCE AFTER THE NOTICE THEY ARE
EXPECTING A FOURTH CHILD. THE COUPLE ATTENDED THE HOMAGE TO RALLY PILOT CARLOS SAINZ THAT ATTENDED WITH HIS WIFE. HE HAVE LEFT THE COMPETITION AFTER 24 YEAR BEHIND THE WHEEL. THE REAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB OF BARCELOMA DID THE ACT AT THE AT THE PALACE CONGRESS IN BARCELONA. MR. JOSE ANTONIO SAMARANCH PRESENTED THE AWARD

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 524
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 397
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 490
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 563
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 2'.jpg
    2'.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 400
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited by a moderator:
More pics from Wireimage...

Check out her boots. She's is one hot mama;) (pun intended)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 526
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 469
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 389
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 387
Thanks everybody for the articles and the photos.:)
She looks handsome! I love the clothes that she's wearing.

Here the pic from the Royal House website:

sainz01g.jpg

And click here to see a video clip of the event:

http://es.mediaframe.yahoo.com/launch?lid=rnv-28-p.1314890,rnv-56-p.1314893,rnv-300-p.1314895,wmv-28-p.1314899,wmv-56-p.1314901,wmv-300-p.1314905&.small=1&.intl=es&c=tripane&bw=http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/videos.html&dw=http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/fot/ftxt/sainzdw_0.html&f=&a=0,30

If it doesn't work try here:

http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/videos.html

;)

Diez minutos has a piece about Cristina's pregnancy
http://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/reportajes/2507_1.html (in Spanish)

*I tried to translate it, any corrections are welcomed

Cristina: 'We would like it to be a girl'

After three boys, the dukes of Palma would like the baby they expect for the next summer would be a girl. For that, they could move to a bigger house that can accomodate the big family they have formed.

When leaving the Fundación La Caixa, where she works, the Infanta, smiling and happy, said that the news of her new pregnancy is "a joy for all the family"

On the last 12/9, a spokesperson for the Zarzuela Palace announced oficially the fourth pregnancy of Infanta Cristina

On that day, the Infanta attended her work and afterwords, she went to pick her kids up at school.

Cristina and Iñaki had already given the news to Juan, Pablo and Miguel about a new sibling arriving at the beginning of next summer

After three boys, the dukes of Palma would like the baby they expect for the next summer would be a girl. That confirmed by doña Cristina when asked while leaving her workplace

It will be born at the beginning of the next summer

"To me and my husband it would be fantastic to have a girl, but, if not, there is no problem"

"Your Highness, how's the pregnancy going?"
"I'm feeling very well and the pregnancy is going wonderfully."

"When the baby will be born?"
"At the beginning of the next summer."

"Have you thought about names yet?"
"No we haven't"

"You seem very happy."
"It's natural. I'm happy, my husband and all my family are very happy."

"The boys already know that they'll have a sibling?"
"Yes they do, we've told them."

Attachments

• cristina1.jpg
    cristina1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 510
  • cristina.jpg
    cristina.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 732
I would love it if it was twins. Cause there's doble the chance of getting a girl. Plus, the Spanish Royal Family would be delighted as the parents to be.

The pictures are great I love it.
Here in españa it is bet by the possible names of the fourth son of the dukes of palm people say that if is girl they would call it Maria Sofia or Elena Sofia and if it is boy that would take the name of their dad Ignacio or Carlos like their grandfather the king
but I say that if is a girl they would put Cristina Sofia and if is a boy I say that they would put him Carlos Ignacio

meac said:
The pictures are great I love it.
Here in españa it is bet by the possible names of the fourth son of the dukes of palm people say that if is girl they would call it Maria Sofia or Elena Sofia and if it is boy that would take the name of their dad Ignacio or Carlos like their grandfather the king
but I say that if is a girl they would put Cristina Sofia and if is a boy I say that they would put him Carlos Ignacio
Great names!
Sofia is a wonderful name, but I love Cristina.
And I prefer Ignacio than Carlos.
Btw, where have you heard that?
;)

They make such a beautiful family. If it's a girl it wouldn't surprise me if they perhaps named her Sofia or Mercedes (after the King's mother Maria de las Mercedes)

More fantastic news! Another baby for Cristina and Inaki! Lots of royal babies in 2005...

If you are right another possible name is Mercedes or Maria like the king's mother

pdas1201 said:
Princess Christina and Inaki Udangarin along with the King and Queen, Prince and Princess of Asturias, and Princess Elena and Jaime Marichalar attended the reception for diplomatic representatives at the Royal Palace in Madrid.
She looks really really pregnant in these pictures. Isn't that a bit odd considering she's not that far along? I realize that all women are different, but she seems to be growing faster than she did with her boys. Perhaps this is an indication of a girl or maybe even twins...?

-Kathleen

SpiffyBallerina said:
She looks really really pregnant in these pictures. Isn't that a bit odd considering she's not that far along? I realize that all women are different, but she seems to be growing faster than she did with her boys. Perhaps this is an indication of a girl or maybe even twins...?

-Kathleen
I think by your second and definitely by your third and fourth pregnancy you can grow pretty big pretty quick.

Your first pregnancy your skin is stretching so extensively for the first time. But by your second and subsequent pregnancies, your skin "remembers" how big it can get and is already elastic enough so stretching occurs quicker even if you gain the same amount of weight as in your previous pregnancies.

Also the form of the infanta's stomach is more lifted and rounded that in the other pregnancies.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom