The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
You are so right about that! And Juan Carlos looks sooo young on that pic! Thanks for posting! The pic reminded me of two others I have from 1967:

(Lecturas, NP)
We're on the same page iceflower:)

Old 02-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
We're on the same page iceflower:)
I think so too :) :)
Here are two pics 20 years later, when Diana and Charles visited them in 1987:

(HOLA)

Old 02-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hate fashion from 80's but Diana's outfit was fabulous.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Great pics everyone! In the last 2 that iceflower posted Cristina really looks like Sofia. She definately looked more like her mother then than she does now.

And LaChicaM. I totally agree...as much as i hate 80's fashion Diana's outfit was lovely!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Great pics everyone! In the last 2 that iceflower posted Cristina really looks like Sofia. She definately looked more like her mother then than she does now.

And LaChicaM. I totally agree...as much as i hate 80's fashion Diana's outfit was lovely!
It seems like in the 80's mother and two daughters had the same hairdo

Well, I think Cristina looked a lot like her mother because of her *shudders* hairdo back then, she still looks more like her mother than like her father, but the resemblance has lessened with the years.

On the other hand, we critizies Elena's braid right now, but in the 80's her hairdo was FAR worse, at least now she looks like she's done an effort to tame her hair
Old 02-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

I share your opnion that on the last pics I posted Diana wore a much better dress, but on the other hand: a beautiful woman can wear everything and Cristina has always been a beautiful girl and woman :)
Old 02-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Cristina used to be a pretty girl but now she's a very beautiful woman, it's like her mother and sister, the older the better
Old 02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Cristina used to be a pretty girl but now she's a very beautiful woman, it's like her mother and sister, the older the better
That's right, crisiñaki! The older the better!
She's really a beautiful woman, well she always was!! She was a cute baby and now she is a very acttractive woman!
Old 02-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
the older the better
Very well said, I hope that will be true for all of us :)
Here are some pics of Cristina in the early 90s. In my eyes this time with nice dresses, wonder what you think of them?! :)

(HOLA)
Old 02-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Very well said, I hope that will be true for all of us :)
Here are some pics of Cristina in the early 90s. In my eyes this time with nice dresses, wonder what you think of them?! :)

(HOLA)
Thank you, iceflower!!
You always find something special!!
The pictures are good but i have seen better than these.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for your compliment JuAnItA :)
What did you mean with your last sentence? That you've seen the same pics in a better quality or pics with better dresses she wore?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thank you for your compliment JuAnItA :)
What did you mean with your last sentence? That you've seen the same pics in a better quality or pics with better dresses she wore?
With better dresses!! The quality is good!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

1. well iceflower it seems like rchainho, you and me are the only ones mantaining this thread with pictures
2.It's hard to believe that Simoneta is younger than Cristina, those good Greek genes are now showing off (look at Alexia, she's 5 years older than her husband and you'll never notice in their faces).
3. the early 90's fashion still had some of the 80's collateral damage so we can't expect our royal ladies to be impeccably dressed at the time, except for Queen Sofía who's been a glamour goddess since the beginning
4. this thread is a good way of showing the evolution of Infanta Cristina from a pretty girl (the prettiest in her family if you ask me) to a very well-groomed, elegant, beautiful woman; Iñaki must wake up every morning and think: damn, i'm the luckiest guy in the universe.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
With better dresses!! The quality is good!
:) That's a relief, JuAnItA :)

Crisinaki, once more, I agree with you in all points, but three are already a good number of people
Old 02-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
(HOLA)
Cristina was always a beautiful woman. But today I like her fashion more than in the 80s or 90s. She is never overdressed. She always looks good. I like the photo on the right. Juan Carlos looks so young and nice.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Gentry

I think Christina is a beautiful woman. Does she have brown eyes or blue?????
Old 02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa777
I think Christina is a beautiful woman. Does she have brown eyes or blue?????
I've seen her in person and she has dark green eyes, almost like deep jade color
Old 03-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

When and where did you have the chance to see her that close, crisinaki? :)
And does anybody know when the following pic was taken, I got it from a look-back-article but without the year..

(Diez Minutos)
Old 03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I met her, Iñaki and Iñaki's mother in Barcelona, they were walking with Miguel (the cutest boy ever), it really was kinda accidental and I got all starry-eyed but they were very nice; she's much better looking in person and Iñaki is sooo handsome, they are really an striking pair and Cristina is as tall as I am, cool but even then you feel short next to Iñaki

I gotta stop rambling but it was such an exciting experience, imagine you can meet your favourite royal couple :)

And about the picture my guess is that it comes from the early nineties, which means Cristina's middle and late twenties according to her look then, she only started using the diamond flower tiara after her wedding in 1997.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

That has definetly been an exciting experience, crisinaki, thank you for sharing that! :) And thank you as well for trying to help, I had thought of the late 80s or the very early 90s..