The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
After all that happened it would be hard to pose as an happy family on holiday !
Thats why they did an overload last year, already aware what would be coming this year!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
What makes you think they don't spend time with their grandparents and cousins? Flying Madrid - Washington doesn't take too long these days.

Lets not confuse the fact that the Palmas have been politically sidelined, until Undargarin's proceedings are resolved, with the issue that their family can do as they want as private citizens. Again, Cristina, Inaki and the children are Spaniards and, hence, can privately visit whoever and spend as much time in Spain as they want to.
They won't. The press will find out and bombard them.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

From what I read, I believe it´s several factors that include de non-participation of the Prince of Asturias in the boat races, London Olympic games and other issues that have already happened but do not include "Iñaki´s problem".
As for them being private persons and being able to see whomever they want, I agree with Princess Peach totally. The press wouldn´t let them.
They´ll be at their heels until some bigger ,juicer scandal appears in the headlines.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
They won't. The press will find out and bombard them.
Not necessarily. But even if you are right, there plenty of places where they can meet as family.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
From what I read, I believe it´s several factors that include de non-participation of the Prince of Asturias in the boat races, London Olympic games and other issues that have already happened but do not include "Iñaki´s problem".
As for them being private persons and being able to see whomever they want, I agree with Princess Peach totally. The press wouldn´t let them.
They´ll be at their heels until some bigger ,juicer scandal appears in the headlines.
I'm sorry but I'm not following what the Prince of Asturias, boat races and the London Olympics got to do with the Palma's thead as it is.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

What it has to do, is because the fact that Marivent will be empty this year is not only because of Infanta Cristina, her husband and children. That´s why I included the other reasons.
As for "other places wher they could meet as family", where would that be, without the press knowing and deriding as they did when Queen Sofia went to Washington for Miguel´s birthday.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Considering the amount of money Urdangarin has allegedly stolen from public funds, I'm sure they can pay their families to meet them somewhere...nice. The press won't be harder on them than they've been on Letizia's sister. A woman independent in her own right and wanting nothing more than be left alone.

Unfortunately for them both, the press doesn't care about right or wrong. They only care about $.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

I´m so glad the Infanta and Juan and Irene could see the Spanish team win the cup. Irene is soooooooooooooo cute andJuan such a tall young man. I adore these children.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

That picture of little Irene waiting for the game, haunts me. I was so sad to see the look in her little eyes.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Nobility

news pics of Irene riding a horse and Cristina :
La infanta Cristina y su hija, un día en la hípica - Familia Real Española - Familia Real - Revista de corazón, prensa rosa y famosos - Diez Minutos
Old 07-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Doña Irene is growing up so fast!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Little Irene is a doll. I love her to bits, as well as her brothers.
I´m happy to see that she is still able to enjoy herself this summer.
Who knows, maybe in 2020, when we´ll finally know if her Dad was guilty or not,they´ll be able to go to Spain.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 AM
Nobility

hopefully, they will be able to go back to Spain! I hope as well that we will quickly know if Inaky is guilty or not. It would be better for the family!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with you emilieweber2004. This thing has dragged on and on and on.I´ve seen enough of this in my country and for naught in the end. Meanwhile everybody is destroyed, guilty or not.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Infanta Cristina, victim of data theft like Telma Ortiz
La infanta Cristina, espiada por la misma red que investig a Telma Ortiz
Old 07-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Telefónica renews Iñaki Urdangarin's contract for 1.5 million euros

Rosa on SRE posted this article which states that Telefonica renewed Iñaki's contract for another year. His salary is 1.5 million euros. He gets an additional 1.2 million which covers housing, household staff, security, trips to Spain and his children's private school tuition. Telefonica would be required to pay him 4.5 million if they release him.

Telefnica renueva el contrato a Iaki Urdangarin por 1,5 millones anuales | España | elmundo.es
Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Rosa on SRE posted this article which states that Telefonica renewed Iñaki's contract for another year. His salary is 1.5 million euros. He gets an additional 1.2 million which covers housing, household staff, security, trips to Spain and his children's private school tuition. Telefonica would be required to pay him 4.5 million if they release him.

Telefnica renueva el contrato a Iaki Urdangarin por 1,5 millones anuales | España | elmundo.es
"It's good to be the king" - Mel Brooks.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Urdangarin: Telefónica verlängert Millionen-Vertrag - Mallorca Zeitung

Telefnica habra renovado el contrato a Urdangarn - Libertad Digital

The article does say though that Telefonica chairman Cesar Alierta has included a clause in the contract that that in case that Inaki will be charged the contract would be void or at least suspended without pay until sentencing.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Urdangarin: Telefónica verlängert Millionen-Vertrag - Mallorca Zeitung

Telefnica habra renovado el contrato a Urdangarn - Libertad Digital

The article does say though that Telefonica chairman Cesar Alierta has included a clause in the contract that that in case that Inaki will be charged the contract would be void or at least suspended without pay until sentencing.
That makes sense, I was wondering how he got such a contract with these legal issues pending.

Tags
iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín