The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

"The legal adviser of the king forbade Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin to come to Spain on Christmas".
El asesor jurídico del Rey prohibió a la Infanta Cristina e Iñaki Urdangarín que volvieran a España en Navidad - Bekia

Old 12-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Royal Highness

I hope this poor family (especially the kids) managed to have a peaceful Christmas.
Wherever that might have been.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Not only not to come to Spain for Xmas but not to return to Spain before the court suit will start!!

It implies that there will be no contact what so ever between the families during that period.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry but this is wrong in my opinion, she is still his daughter and those are still his grandchildren. I understand no formal appearances but no contact? That's ridiculous!! IMHO
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Royal Highness

REBAFAN, you are so right. They are treating this whole thing in such a way that it scares me.I read in certain blogs people writing they hoped the whole family including the kids would face hunger and poverty.Great Christian feelings, especially at this time of the year.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course people sometimes exaggerate, and children are the only innocents in this story.

But if there is something that people can not forgive is that someone who has all privileges steal public money. Spain is very much affected by the crisis, there are 5 million unemployed,wages are down, there are social cuts... people are very angry, and this whole case has a further negative impact in the current situation.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Under any circumstances, I think it is sad when families can't be together for Christmas, just my personal view though.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I'm sorry but this is wrong in my opinion, she is still his daughter and those are still his grandchildren. I understand no formal appearances but no contact? That's ridiculous!! IMHO
I agree with you.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

You may be correct, being out of their home country of Spain may offer more "shelter" for the children.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think most Spaniards want the worst for Iñaki's family. I think most Spaniards want justice, and equal justice for everyone, as the King said in his speech. Justice will say the last word. I agree with you all, the children are the innocent victims and for them it will be better to stay far from Spain. Fortunately or unfortunately, Spaniards are forgetful and in some weeks people will have something different to talk about. I never thought Queen Sofia did wrong going to Washington, as I said previously here, for me it was just a mother and grandmother taking care and comforting her family and I don't see anything bad in that... I hope everything will be solved in the least painful way, if possible...
Old 12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

I've just read what you have posted in the "Iñaki's former bussiness..." thread and the situation is really getting worse and worse...
Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Royal Highness

Well, at least now, if he goes to court he´ll have a chance to explain or not what he did or didnt. Of course if he is guilty he should pay for his misdeeds.
Some might think I´m a champion for the Palmas, but it´s not that. I´ve seen terrible things happen here in the past where people were accused by association and unfortunately disappeared. As I´ve seen situations where it´s plain as daylight what they are doing (we see the video tapes ) and nothing happens.
So, I´m very wary about some of the press and pre-judgements .
May God enlighten everybody in this situation. May Justice prevail.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Oh, by the way. Today there was an article in our main Rio paper about King Juan Carlo´s family difficulties. As well as Iñaki´s problems, there was also the problem about Letizia´s anorexia.
Most everybody here admire your royal family. Nobody forgot when the King said those words to Hugo Chavez! The Queen is so dignified and such a great mother and grandmother.,and we appreciate that.
Most people were horrified though by how thin Letizia was in her photos in Chile.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carminha Stalker View Post
Oh, by the way. Today there was an article in our main Rio paper about King Juan Carlo´s family difficulties. As well as Iñaki´s problems, there was also the problem about Letizia´s anorexia.
Most everybody here admire your royal family. Nobody forgot when the King said those words to Hugo Chavez! The Queen is so dignified and such a great mother and grandmother.,and we appreciate that.
Most people were horrified though by how thin Letizia was in her photos in Chile.
You're right... Here, in Spain there have been rumours about Letizia's anorexia. I think the Casa Real denied it. But once in a while we see pictures of her extremely slim and that's worrying... She was already very slim when she got married but not as now. A few weeks ago this was the headline of a Spanish magazine Qu come Letizia Ortiz en Lecturas | Fotos | MujerdeElite which I thought it was a pathetic headline! Anyway, remember Victoria of Sweden, they didn't recognize about her disease until she was not recovered. But I think this has to be discussed in another thread, sorry... About Iñaki and Cristina, I am glad to know that Elena and her children and Queen Sofia will spend New Year's Eve in Washington with them. That's what a good family does: to share good and bad moments together and to comfort others if they need...
Old 12-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

We dont know how the true relations are. Queen Sofia went to Washington and had her picture taken with Inaki but that doesnt mean she is still on good terms with him. Not only by now, the cards will be on the table and the family will know about Inakis guilt, otherwise the reaction of the King would have been less harsh (eg a statement that one is innocent until proven guilty).

Sofia is an actress, she wants the family to look united for the greater good. The only time I find Sofia genuine is around her grandchildren but not around any adults of her family. I am sure the united smiley family front this summer was put up for the very same reason, because of the Inaki scandal to come and no rift can be shown among the family in public.

But honestly, if my brother in law was a proven cheat - misusing public money as member of the SRF is quite low - (and because of the reaction of the King and the consequent charges I assume he is, otherwise the reactions would have been different) I would not want to sit with him on one table.

Maybe its all for the childrens' sake but I dont believe a second that the adults are honestly on good terms. They cant be, or all of them dont mind the wrongdoing and are only angry that he got caught. Just my opinion.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Royal Highness

Sometimes, in life, one has to do things, for the sake of the children, for instance. After all, even Jesus sat at the table with the one who would betray Him and thus condemn Him to death. I don´t think the Queen or Infanta Elena when they sit at the table with their daughter, sister and the children should feel bad just because somebody in that same table is ACCUSED of some wrongdoing with money.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've moved several non Current Events posts from this thread to the Inaki's Former Business investigated in a corruption case thread.

Please use this thread to discuss The Don Inaki Corruption Scandal

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ase-32401.html
Old 01-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Cristina of Spain drops her daughter Irene Urdangarin off at school on January 3

Getty Images - Buscar: DC: Princess Cristina of Spain Drops Her Daughter Off At School - January 3, 2012
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 21 Enero 2012 - YouKioske

Infanta Cristina seeks refuge in her work - a trip to Mozambique (not listed on casareal though).
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 14: Duke of Palma Inaki Urdangarin is seen playing with his children outside his Washington home
Getty Images - Search: urdangarin washington#

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 21: General view of Princess Cristina of Spain and Inaki Urdangarin's home
Getty Images - Search: urdangarin washington#

Tags
iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín