The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

If Don Alessandro Lecquio was close enough to Cristina for her to express to him personally how she feels, I am sure he wouldn't then go and talk about it to the media, so I doubt he knows what he is talking about. Come to think of it, I can't imagine he would be particularly close to the other royal houses to know what they are thinking.

Old 02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Juan Carlos was close with his grandmother the late Infanta Beatriz but I don't think that the Borbóns and the Torlonia cousins are that close.I don't recall reading that anyone represented them his late mother, Doña Sandra Torlonia's recent funeral or that of her brother, Don Marco Torlonia (both of whom passed away in December) .

Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Personally, I don't think he's any longer close to the RF, but you can never know, they are family after all.

IMO, the count's exagerated love for media attention would be more than enough to not tell him things like those if I were Cristina

Old 03-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Cristina back in Madrid
Así fue el fin de semana en Madrid de la infanta Cristina - Diez Minutos

with Cristina de Borbon Dos Sicilias
http://www.elcomercio.es/noticias/20...z--490x660.jpg
Old 03-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

it's good to see her back.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

I am happy to see at least something about Infanta Cristina.
Every time I think of this supposed trial which has lasted for almost ten years, I am more and more convinced they were scapegoats to some person . If one is guilty it doesn´t take this long to come to a verdict.Not even in my country where justice is ajoke.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you kidding? They are in the middle of this, how and why is still to be brought out. Scapegoats at their level is highly unlikely.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina,Inaki Urdangarin and children spent their Easter Holidays in Tuscany as per Bekia

Iñaki Urdangarín y la Infanta Cristina, vacaciones en familia en la Toscana antes de sus citas judiciales - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 04-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

wow, another vacation!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to AR tv programme, Irene Urdangarin made her First Communion last weekend in Geneva. Queen Sofia and Felipe Marichalar attended.

Irene Urdangarín hace la Comunión en Ginebra - Diez Minutos
Old 05-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
According to AR tv programme, Irene Urdangarin made her First Communion last weekend in Geneva. Queen Sofia and Felipe Marichalar attended.

Irene Urdangarín hace la Comunión en Ginebra - Diez Minutos
HOLA got a picture of the family:

Exclusiva en ¡HOLA!, la Primera Comunión de Irene Urdangarin, acompañada por la reina Sofía y la infanta Elena
Old 05-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the photo Duke,little Doña Irene Urdangarín is shooting up!

Bekia

Irene Urdangarín hace la Comunión en el exilio acompañada de sus padres, hermanos, la Reina Sofía y la Infanta Elena - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 05-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

What a snarky and terrible thing to say to a little girl! Is this snarky word "exile" really needed? Especially for such a important religious moment?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Courtier

Congratulations Irene! She has really grown and looks absolutely beautiful!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What a snarky and terrible thing to say to a little girl! Is this snarky word "exile" really needed? Especially for such a important religious moment?
I TOTALLY agree, regardless of their parents, these children are innocent, can they not even respect the event that is taking place? I would be ashamed to have been the one who wrote this article. She is a beautiful young girl, who was confirmed in her religion, can't they just leave it at that??
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the photos!
Infanta Christina's family appears to be tight-knit. It is unfortunate that King Juan Carlos did not wish to attend.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Of course "exile" was not needed. The really low class media wanting shock appeal was at its best. Damn those people. We would all be better served with just the news of the day in plain language without the reporter and editor's personal digs. But, newspapers and some tv news programs are in big financial trouble all over the world as more are turning their backs on them. The days of media telling people how to vote, think and spend their money is almost over as there are too many outlets to investigate all sides of a story where intelligent individuals can now determine their own conclusions.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the photos!
Infanta Christina's family appears to be tight-knit. It is unfortunate that King Juan Carlos did not wish to attend.
Queen Sofia has taken sides a long time ago, she will pose with the Urdangarins on photos no matter what. It would have been possible to be there and support or enjoy Irene's big day in private, but Sofia choses to shout it from the rooftops, not sure what Felipe is thinking.

Regarding Juan Carlos, well, maybe he was there and chose not to pose for a picture to save the institution some bad headlines but maybe he wasn't because he simply doesnt care about family events anymore now that he doesnt need to care about his image anymore.

We'll see if he shows up for Leonor's communion, it would be a must-go event for him, since he is also her godfather.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

I am so happy to see my dear little Irene, in her first communion. It is great to see that her grandmother and aunt Elena were present, as well as her paternal grandmother, her godmother,Rosario Nadal.
This Family has gone through the loop but stayed together.
May God always protect Irene and her brothers.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Queen Sofia has taken sides a long time ago, she will pose with the Urdangarins on photos no matter what. It would have been possible to be there and support or enjoy Irene's big day in private, but Sofia choses to shout it from the rooftops, not sure what Felipe is thinking.

Regarding Juan Carlos, well, maybe he was there and chose not to pose for a picture to save the institution some bad headlines but maybe he wasn't because he simply doesnt care about family events anymore now that he doesnt need to care about his image anymore.

We'll see if he shows up for Leonor's communion, it would be a must-go event for him, since he is also her godfather.
I applaud Queen Sofia for remaining a devoted mother and grandmother. It would not have hurt King Juan Carlos to appear on the photo, if he attended the event. Afterall, Irene is his granddaughter.
The institution in question looks very budget and subservient to me.

Tags
iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín