The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > The Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I so agree with you, one thing that really stands out for me is the fact that JC and his lawyers want him protected from and by the law during the time of his reign. So during the time of his reign he could not be found guilty of anything and now he wants to use the law to protect himself while he was king..........isn't that a double standard there? In keeping her and her husband say more then the printed word would ever say........she in an intelligent woman, educated and knows business and the same thing happened to her that happened to her father, the wealth, the power, the entitlements, the everything was for them and they were above the law, they in a sense could do no wrong...........well it all came crashing down on them and now JC wants to be protected.........I think a lot of people can read between the lines and realize that you don't really need 12 people in court to say your guilty, people aren't really as stupid as JC/daughter think they are. Hiding out in Switzerland, please stay there and leave your brother alone and cause him no problems like you did your father and mother. JC and Cristina should be very ashamed of themselves to even show their faces to the world but then I don't think they give a damn.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Do we absolutely know that Cristina was not invited to attend? May be an odd question but I've really not been following all of this diligently. I would think that family is family no matter what and by all counts, Cristina should have been there. Perhaps with the ongoing investigation, she, herself decided not to put a shadow on this auspicious occasion and remained away? It would have been too easy to have the media focus on Cristina's presence than where it should be... on Juan Carlos himself and his son and heir.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

If Cristina were that selfless I don't think they'd be in the mess they are in today.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good comment giraffe plus the thoughtless vacations and dinners in fancy restaurants they can do what they want yes but are not doing the smart thing. They both are very lacking in the brains department imo
Old 06-19-2014, 06:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Infanta Christina BANNED yesterday and to day and for always ?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Infanta Christina BANNED yesterday and to day and for always ?
I never read where Cristina was BANNED. Did you see in writing or just think she was banned?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Cristina was understandably absent from today's proceedings but I doubt she was banned.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Courtier

I think it's very unlikely that Christina wasn't invited to the events of the abdication and proclamation. I think it's equally unlikely that she would ever have decided to attend as she'd realize her presence would take attention away from her father and brother.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder how much time will pass ,if ever, before a camera catches Cristina and Felipe within 500 feet of each other again.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Cristina is involved in a major scandal. It is unthinkable she go to the proclamation of Felipe.
Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think my word "banned" was too harsh but agree with the threads before.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I think my word "banned" was too harsh but agree with the threads before.
I think she was 'advised' not to attend the ceremony given all that's gone on with Inaki & the Noos investigation.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

I think family is family but again perhaps she herself didn´t want to go.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
[QUOTEtheir life didn't become any less luxurious... ]
Does it ever when people are merely questioned {rather than found guilty} about crimes they are alleged to have committed ?

Perhaps you'd be happier if they wore sackcloth and ashes ?[/QUOTE]I´m amazed how people have reacted against this family. It´s like they were the Manson family for some.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Just to remind all that we have a seperate thread for the NOOS Corruption investigation

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4-a-32245.html
Old 06-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Loved the interview and agree absolutely with King Constantine:Why has it taKEN SO LONG TO FIND IF THEY ARE GUILTY OR NOT?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Inaki Urdangarin is on holidays with his mother in Bidart

Iñaki Urdangarín comienza sus vacaciones en Bidart con su madre mientras espera a la Infanta Cristina y sus hijos - Bekia
Old 08-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Los Urdangarin, de vacaciones en Bidart - Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 08-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

My favorite part of the translated article:

"In Bidart the Dukes of Palma always been more relaxed. There they can enjoy long days on the beach without the media pressure to which they would be exposed on the Balearic island "

Without media pressure in Bidart....as they are being chased by paps on the beach....
Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Nobility

Iñaki Urdangarin de vacaciones en Bidart con su familia

Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.

Tags
iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín