Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events, Part 15 (March 2011 - Sep. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually not only the pictures of Urdangarín... although it is clear that a defendant in economic crimes, does not sell like a handsome sportsman surrounded by blond children.

Before the gossip press was a big business in Spain that moved a lot of money, magazines like Hola paid incredible sums of money for pictures, and they filled hours of television with gossip programs. Any photo was a good deal and that made paparazzi agencies multiply.

Now the business is down, there is much competition and they pay less money for photos. Or agencies sell really good photos that assure good sales or magazines do not pay the money they paid before.

Hm, could be good for the RF.... maybe they will have more privacy then?
Bye Bine

Yeah, there it is, the golden job for Cristina, I was already wondering why nothing is being arranged for her to work & have somebody else fork out for the expad cost, she has been so long associated with Caixa & worked for them, why not abroad.

I'd say whoever pulled the strings, congratulations, perfect solution to the problem- Its good for the kids to be out of Spain, Inaki may work or may not work, it doesnt matter, the package will be good enough for the whole family to stay in Geneva, a superexpensive place by the way, so very befitting for the daughter of a king :whistling:

And who knows what state the marriage is in after Inakis cheating emails surfaced, Cristina is safe now for herself & the children, she doesnt need Inaki to be around any longer if she doesnt want him anymore :innocent:

http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-reales/2013-07-31/los-duques-de-palma-se-mudan-a-suiza_14367/

Last edited:
why move if in a couple of years they will return again??? Poor children...they cannot keep their friends, they are always moving,
another language, different people, another home apart from the family....and only because of...:whistling:

Yeah, there it is, the golden job for Cristina, I was already wondering why nothing is being arranged for her to work & have somebody else fork out for the expad cost, she has been so long associated with Caixa & worked for them, why not abroad.

I'd say whoever pulled the strings, congratulations, perfect solution to the problem- Its good for the kids to be out of Spain, Inaki may work or may not work, it doesnt matter, the package will be good enough for the whole family to stay in Geneva, a superexpensive place by the way, so very befitting for the daughter of a king :whistling:

And who knows what state the marriage is in after Inakis cheating emails surfaced, Cristina is safe now for herself & the children, she doesnt need Inaki to be around any longer if she doesnt want him anymore :innocent:

Noticias de Casas Reales - La infanta Cristina se marcha a vivir a Suiza sin su marido, Iñaki Urdangarin

Amazing, isn't it? I'll bet her coworkers who do all the work will just be thrilled.

Noticias de Casas Reales - La infanta Cristina se marcha a vivir a Suiza sin su marido, Iñaki Urdangarin
Quite well worded DOM! Couldn't agree with you more. And it should be interesting to see what happens with the marriage of the Infanta and Inaki.

Inaki will stay in Barcelona until he has settled his issues
Latin American Herald Tribune - Spain’s Princess Cristina to Move to Switzerland for Work

... and as it happened with Telefonica when the King had to ask the president of the company, César Alierta, to find him a managerial position to get his SIL out of Spain, it was now the Infanta who needed to be placed away from Barcelona and a country where until now the La Caixa Foundation had no importance. Sources close to the foundation say that "times are bad these days because they are making cuts in humanitarian and cultural projects in places where it would be really necessary but at the same time they create an expensive job for Dona Cristina. Coordinating programs with the UN, which is supposed to be what she will do, it could be done directly from Barcelona to avoid that kind of expenses."

Cristina will be protected no matter what by the powers that be in Spain, ultimately rewarded with a golden parachute job in Switzerland al la Inaki in Washington, while the ordinary Spaniard will have to think that life isn't really fair :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Noticias de Casas Reales - La infanta Cristina pone tierra de por medio tras el caso de los 'e-mails'

The Children will be far away from the press ; it seems to me like an exile .
Life and Schools in Geneva are very expensive

The Children will be far away from the press ; it seems to me like an exile .
Life and Schools in Geneva are very expensive

Yes I had thought about Switzerland as a place of historical exile ,I believe the Spanish Royal Family spent time there before,Queen Ena lived there too,granted circumstances were quite different then for los Borbóns!

I really hope the marriage is not in trouble.

I really hope this is a good move for the children, they have been moved around a lot in the last couple of years, and to me, it is sad that they have to leave their home again and their father. No matter what he is accused of, Inaki seems like a great father to his children and they really seem very close to him. Having this drag on for this long has got to be hard on them, hopefully Switzerland will offer them some peace and quiet and some privacy to enjoy being children.

I hope they´ll be happy there.
Apparently, Iñaki will be visiting them all the time, but he can´t go immeediately because of this fantastically long IMO) process.

Hm, an interesting new direction for the Infanta and her children.... without her husband. Saving her by throwing him under the bus?
Bye Bine

Hm, an interesting new direction for the Infanta and her children.... without her husband. Saving her by throwing him under the bus?
Bye Bine

Is anyone surprised by this?

Let's see how many times Inaki visits....:whistling:

The distance from Barcelona (I assume they are still living there) to Geneva is the same as Boston to Washington DC. She is hardly moving far away. You can easily make the trip for a weekend. Besides, where could she work in Spain?

The distance from Barcelona (I assume they are still living there) to Geneva is the same as Boston to Washington DC. She is hardly moving far away. You can easily make the trip for a weekend. Besides, where could she work in Spain?

Its correct. Many 'normal' couples have such long distance relationships, where usually the husband works at one place and the mother & children live elsewhere, with the husband commuting. Inaki can be around whenever he is not required to be in Spain, the distance Barcelona - Geneva is not worth talking about. My guess is that Inaki needs to be near his lawyers to prepare his case and be around once it has started, besides, he will take care of selling the family home in Barcelona. But maybe this is only the first step of a separation, who knows.

Regarding the last sentence, Cristina has been working for Caixa group for many, many years. She flew back and forth from Washington to do some work for them since the offices are in Barcelona. Cristina has been working in Barcelona ever since, and there was no reason for her to leave Spain FOR WORK. The Geneva move is clearly an arrangement that has been created to provide for the family and to get especially the children out of the country. Caixa concept is about Catalonia & Balearic Islands, their business has nothing to do with Switzerland, so the foundation created this job. Of course, Caixa, like Telefonica for Inaki in Washington, is paying the bills. An old favour returned, I guess.

Cristina has proven to be either ruthless by returning to Spain, not hesitating to expose her family to abuse due to the Noos case, or, very simple, the family could not afford to stay abroad any longer with Telefonica getting rid of Inaki and stopping the payments.

I am sure Cristina has banked on her parents saving her again because they feel sorry for the children. The Kings cannot openly support her and pay an expesive lifestyle for the family but I am sure Cristina has been nagging her parents on the situation again and again until they, seeing the children suffering over months, gave in and struck out a deal with Caixa (who would certainly, like Telefonica, do nothing without the backing of the King). A calculated move that - again - has played out successfully.

Last edited:
A calculated move perhaps, but IMHO a good sollution, esp. for the children. And indeed, perhaps the family needs the money, esp.if Inaki needs to pay back the money that he has stolen.

Infanta Cristina works for a social and cultural foundation, that depends on Caixa bank. It's probably one of the most important foundations of Spain, and developing many cultural and social projects, and collaborates with various international organizations.

Home | "la Caixa" Foundation

Obviously this new position has been created to give an out of Spain to the Infanta and her children. Caixa Foundation has already obtained its benefits for the favor, because from now they will collaborate with Aga Khan Foundation also based in Geneva. And we all know that the king and the Aga Khan are good friends.

Its a great move for the family. At least they will have some privacy and away from the press especially with the on going case. Geneva isn't far at all and I'm sure they will back and forth to see family on weekends and holidays.

Its a great move for the family. At least they will have some privacy and away from the press especially with the on going case. Geneva isn't far at all and I'm sure they will back and forth to see family on weekends and holidays.

Exactly Dazzling,its a pity that they didn't do this sooner and shield their children from a lot of unnecessary media attention.I'm sure Cristina and Inaki had their reasons for returning to Barcelona but it still baffles me.

Exactly Dazzling,its a pity that they didn't do this sooner and shield their children from a lot of unnecessary media attention.I'm sure Cristina and Inaki had their reasons for returning to Barcelona but it still baffles me.

I honestly think the reason is money. I think Telefonica paid for everything, the house, the schoolfees, the flights home etc. When Inaki was dropped, they simply couldnt afford to live in DC any longer with the Kings unwilling / unable because of possible public knowledge to fork out for them. Cristina & Inaki have their old house in Barcelona, so its a logical choice to go there. Maybe they thought the public backslash or abuse wouldnt be as bad, the Queen did her best to get Cristina back into the family pre-move back to Spain (all those nice family pictures in Mallorca, Cristina even going shopping with Letizia (!) in Palma, a PR stunt for the sake of the family for certain). When the Noos case escalated and the situation quickly became untenable, especially for the children, Caixa stepped in, doing for Cristina what Telefonica did for Inaki, providing an alibi job with a luxury package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom