The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you Rominet , but Thief Infanta ...

Old 04-01-2017, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Oh please.

Cristina & Inaki committed a crime and have not taken responsibility for it. They don't deserve anyone's support. Did they commit the worst crime ever? No, but I have no respect for people who want to pretend they've done nothing wrong when caught. If you show no remorse, then I don't have any respect for you.

I don't think, for public events, that Cristina should be invited to anything, regardless of familial connection. It would be different if she were invited to Martha Louise's birthday as those are no longer public events. But Harald & Willem's birthdays are huge public events and I don't consider it a good idea, especially so soon after the end of the case, to invite her.

If they ever want to take responsibility for what they've done and work to get back good favor, that would be one thing. Until then, I don't agree with inviting her and him to public/official events.
Not only I agree but roughly 80% of Spaniards will agree with your post as well. There is no respect for Cristina, a woman who always enjoyed a privileged royal life and ended up "enjoying" her husband's fiscal fraud as well.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The Infanta Cristina and Urdangarin, on vacation in Ciudad Real
The province of Ciudad Real has been chosen by many people to spend these holidays. And as Cadena SER has learned, also for Infanta Cristina de Borbón and Iñaki Urdangarin, who are spending these days of Holy Week in the town of Retuerta del Bullaque, Ciudad Real.
Numerous neighbors and visitors were able to see them this Holy Thursday in this locality and also in Porzuna, where, after attending the mass in the Church of San Sebastián, the processions followed from a box with which counts the temple known as "El Gallinero". Also visible was the safety device that accompanies both.
The couple are spending these days in the farm that some relatives have in Retuerta del Bullaque, known as La Toledana."

http://cadenaser00.epimg.net/emisora...cia_normal.jpg

La infanta Cristina y Urdangarin, de vacaciones en Ciudad Real | SER Ciudad Real | Cadena SER
Old 04-23-2017, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

they spent time with family, Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias

La Infanta Cristina e Iñaki Urdangarin retan a Felipe VI con su viaje a España | loc | EL MUNDO
Old 04-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Calabria has an estate I believe in Ciudad Real.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Majesty

apparently, both Cristina and inaki were present at the party in england for the birthday of pavlos of greece. felipe also attended, but letizia did not (i wonder if she knew about the presence of Cristina and inaki and decided against attending).

La cruzada de la Infanta Cristina para rehabilitar su imagen | loc | EL MUNDO
Old 07-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Not surprising Cristina and Inaki were there given how close Cristina is to her Greek cousins.

We don't know that Letizia wasn't at the party. Like Cristina, she may not have been photographed.

Regardless I have a hard time believing Letizia didn't accompany her husband to a private family event because she didn't want to see her in laws. I don't think a grown woman would be that petty.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Not surprising Cristina and Inaki were there given how close Cristina is to her Greek cousins.

We don't know that Letizia wasn't at the party. Like Cristina, she may not have been photographed.

Regardless I have a hard time believing Letizia didn't accompany her husband to a private family event because she didn't want to see her in laws. I don't think a grown woman would be that petty.
my guess is that the press has a good idea of who was there, regardless of whether they were pictured or not; that is how they found out about cristina and inaki attending in the first place, even without pictures. the press reported specifically that letizia did not attend, but i guess there can always be room for error.

EDIT: indeed, according to this article letizia may have attended.

"But it will hardly be King Felipe and Queen Letizia’s first exposure to British society. Only last weekend, the handsome couple were entertained royally at a lavish joint birthday in the Cotswolds."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...-spain-greece/
Old 07-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
my guess is that the press has a good idea of who was there, regardless of whether they were pictured or not; that is how they found out about cristina and inaki attending in the first place, even without pictures. the press reported specifically that letizia did not attend, but i guess there can always be room for error.Meet the party-loving Euro royals from Spain and Greece coming to Britain this summer
I think there actually was a blurry picture of Inaki taken by one of the guests and from that people have logically assumed Cristina must have been there.

You're right though, a couple of people at the party seem to have talked to the press. Although I also think at least some of the Spanish press has been writing a soap opera about the royals for years now and they're going to report on the soap opera they've written, whether or not it resembles reality or not. Letizia COULD have been there and she, Cristina and their respective spouses could have been perfectly civil - maybe even nice! - to each other but any party guest who said that isn't going to be quoted in El Mundo, etc. They're going to keep going until they find someone who confirms what they want to hear.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This thread has been closed. You can find the new thread here.

Tags
iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, irene urdangarín, juan urdangarín, miguel urdangarin, pablo urdangarín