Infanta Cristina, Iñaki & Family, News & Events 16: Sep. 2017 - Jan. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, January 28, Infanta Cristina attended the opening of the exhibition 'Salvador Dali. Magic Art' at the Manege Central Exhibition Hall in Moscow:

** rex gallery **

Its been a while since we've seen the Infanta at such a high profile exhibition :previous:

Do all Cristina's children still live with her?
I don't remember.

Do all Cristina's children still live with her?
I don't remember.

No, they don't. Juan (20) did a gap year previously, I assume he is studying somewhere now. Pablo (19) is a handball player in France. My guess would be that Miguel (17) would be in his last year(?) of high school and still living with her in Geneva as does his younger sister Irene (14).

I assume it's Spring break (Carnival) for them, so Iñaki clearly targets his days out of prison in his children's school breaks. The next surely will be during Semana Santa (Easter).

No, they don't. Juan (20) did a gap year previously, I assume he is studying somewhere now. Pablo (19) is a handball player in France. My guess would be that Miguel (17) would be in his last year(?) of high school and still living with her in Geneva as does his younger sister Irene (14).

Juan appears to be living in Madrid now. He's been spotted several times around the city including on his way to driving lessons at a local company. As you mentioned, Pablo is playing with HBC Nantes (I assume the youth/amateur division) and as far as I know Miguel and Irene still at Ecolint in Geneva.

:previous: Me too. But, as us who have followed royals for a long time would know now, paparazzo don't care about that.

:previous: Me too. But, as us who have followed royals for a long time would know now, paparazzo don't care about that.

There seems to be a lot of media interest in the family during what I would call exceptional times - when they’re back in Spain with Inaki, yes, but I remember lots of articles when Cristina and the children visited Juan Carlos in the hospital this past summer. How they looked, what they wore, how the kids had changed, etc.

That said, there have been quite a few reports about Cristina and the children spending more time in Spain and especially in Madrid for the last year or so, which would make sense. But I don’t think there have been many pictures. So it would seem they’re mainly left alone when they’re not doing anything noteworthy. Right now Inaki appearing with the family is noteworthy but at some point it will become less so and hopefully things will calm down.

Cristina, Iñaki, Pablo and Juan were seen in Vitoria on July 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
So, the main differences are that he is moving to a different location; from prison in Ávila to some kind of half-way house in Alcalá de Henares (which is a bit closer to his voluntary work but still 50 km as one is northeast of Madrid and the other northwest; it was 100 km) where he still has to spend the night and all but one weekends a month but he can leave 5 days a week for his voluntary work instead of the current 3 days a week (he started out at 2 days a week about 15 months ago).

Infanta Cristina moves: she no longer live in Geneva's historic centre.

Felipe VI's sister changed homes a while ago and moved her living to a neighborhood further from downtown to avoid pressure from the curious and the press.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...nfanta-cristina-mudanza-casa-ginebra_2625879/

That makes a lot of sense. I had no clue that she was living right down-town. There are lots of lovely houses still at walking distance from the historic center, so it makes much more sense to live in a slightly quieter place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iñaki Urdangarin must be more than half way through his prison sentence at this stage?

He is 2 1/2 years in and got 5 years and 10 months. I am not sure after how much time he is released: I guess somewhere between half and 3/4 of the full sentence?!

How is that even prison. I'm sorry I am just use to the US penitentiary system where when you get sebt to prison you are there 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 365 days a year depending on how long one's sentence is. Here in the US at best he could get visitation from his family. That's it... I hope he realizes and appreciates how good he has it.

How is that even prison. I'm sorry I am just use to the US penitentiary system where when you get sebt to prison you are there 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and 365 days a year depending on how long one's sentence is. Here in the US at best he could get visitation from his family. That's it... I hope he realizes and appreciates how good he has it.

In the U.S. he probably wouldn't have gone to prison. If he was even convicted, he would have gotten house arrest or a few months in a white-collar minimum security facility.

The US penitentiary system is extremely focused on penalties while in most EU countries the focus is far more on rehabilitation. After all: in the end citizens have to return in society. Usually a program is arranged for the reintegration in society.

That is why many penitentiary systems use community service as part of the reintegration. Iñaki is exactly in such a program at a facility centre for the disabled, where he has to work for free as part of his sanction.

So, the change that was announced on December 30 has now been implemented. I guess that means that he is no longer in isolation while imprisoned.

The article also mentions that his 'Christmas break' was the first since last February. He was entitled to about 7 temporary releases for the year (or so), so Covid-19 impacted his life in prison significantly as for quite some time he was not allowed to do his voluntary work (which meant be among other people several days a week) and his permission to leave once in awhile to visit family had come to a complete stop for 10 months.

Last edited:
Is Inaki on the time-out from prison?

No, he is on semi-release. He volunteers during the day and then has the afternoon and evening free. He sleeps at a residence for others on semi-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom