Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or somebody forbidding the Infanta to bring her children over for Christmas.What crime are Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene accused of?

If they do not travel to Spain it is to protect them. In Washington they are removed from everything what happens, do not have access to the information, the children or the friends of the school do not say anything to them, the press does not chase them for the street and they are removed from inconvinient situations. To bring these children to Spain now would be terrible for them, because the information and the reactions of the people are uncontrollable.

I've just read this... The situation is turning nasty...

I read it yesterday too, and yes, it it getting ugly! I fear it will only get worse in the coming months-

I read it yesterday too, and yes, it it getting ugly! I fear it will only get worse in the coming months-

Not a good start to 2012 for the House of Borbón :sad:

Please stick to the facts,any speculative posts will be deleted.

Inaki's former business investigated in a corruption case

Infanta Christina knew all about that wrongdoing with money. She is guilty too and should be aware that what he was doing was against the honor of her Royal House.
I don’t think she will divorce because she loves him.
I am not against royals marrying commoners but is this is the result of , it is SAD.

We dont know how the true relations are. Queen Sofia went to Washington and had her picture taken with Inaki but that doesnt mean she is still on good terms with him. Not only by now, the cards will be on the table and the family will know about Inakis guilt, otherwise the reaction of the King would have been less harsh (eg a statement that one is innocent until proven guilty).

Sofia is an actress, she wants the family to look united for the greater good. The only time I find Sofia genuine is around her grandchildren but not around any adults of her family. I am sure the united smiley family front this summer was put up for the very same reason, because of the Inaki scandal to come and no rift can be shown among the family in public.

But honestly, if my brother in law was a proven cheat - misusing public money as member of the SRF is quite low - (and because of the reaction of the King and the consequent charges I assume he is, otherwise the reactions would have been different) I would not want to sit with him on one table.

Maybe its all for the childrens' sake but I dont believe a second that the adults are honestly on good terms. They cant be, or all of them dont mind the wrongdoing and are only angry that he got caught. Just my opinion.

I think you're right in many things! But I think that Queen Sofia has gone to Washington to comfort her daughter and spend some time with her grandchildren! Which good mother wouldn't do that! Probably, in private, she has spoken with her daughter and she's really angry because Iñaki put in danger what the King and her constructed for many years.
I really agree with you in one thing: Queen Sofia is the best "professional" Royal worlwide (what you call a good actress). Always immaculate doing her job: standing there through all kind of rumours, scandals. I think she is the most professional in the SRF, even more than the King...

Infanta Christina knew all about that wrongdoing with money. She is guilty too and should be aware that what he was doing was against the honor of her Royal House.
I don’t think she will divorce because she loves him.
I am not against royals marrying commoners but is this is the result of , it is SAD.

I also agree with you... I always talk about Iñaki but sadly, I think Cristina was no angel in this situation. She was one of the partners of the company they used to send money from Spain to Belize in order to evade taxes so... If it had been me, probably the judge would call me to declare, just to declare, maybe not accused, but as it has been the King's daughter she will spare that shame... Anyway, I always thought she was clever and if your husband's wealth is multiplicated that way through the years you have to realize, it's obvious...
I think they won't divorce now, of couse, but I don't know in one or two years... I don't think the problem was marrying a commoner, I think the problem was marrying a greedy one. He could have lived as a prince for the rest of his life and his greed has brought him to this...

You couldnt make it up, what was he thinking???

Of course Noos did have any premises?

Its so ridiculous, I wouldnt be surprised if Inaki did a guided tour after signing the generous contract, showing off his royal environment :eek:

How was he able to decive his in-laws for such a long time? I have no doubt that the SRF enjoy their share of luxury behind closed doors, but at least they do it in a discreet way because they are intelligent enough to know about the consequences of showing off.
Inaki is the male version of a gold digger whose head got too big, no doubt about that.

Marivent palace is property of the Government of the Balearic Islands, so Matas it was meeting in a building that depends on his government.

Duke of Marmalade said:
How was he able to decive his in-laws for such a long time? I have no doubt that the SRF enjoy their share of luxury behind closed doors, but at least they do it in a discreet way because they are intelligent enough to know about the consequences of showing off.
Inaki is the male version of a gold digger whose head got too big, no doubt about that.

Believe me, you can cover things up for a long time. It wasn't until my grandma died we found out about the loan in her name that the daughter in law tool out.

Inaki strikes me as a manipulative person if he could pull this off. He'd be in good company with my Grandma's daughter in law... They should write a book together...

This whole thing just amazes me. Of course all we see are pictures, but my impression was that Inaki was a really decent guy, comfortable with himself, in love with Cristina, a good father. I would never guess he would do this sort of thing.

Yet, on the other hand, a lot of things make sense now. The sour, unhappy look on Cristina's face starting about the time this took place. What appeared to be changes in the family relationships, etc. There are so many ways in which a man with Inaki's connections could take advantage (legally) of his position, why would he do this?

Inaki didn't fool everyone in the family, at least not Felipe and Letizia. Tiempo magazine had an articled mentioned that Felipe was the first one who saw the irregularities of Inaki's business when he became the VP of the Spanish Olympic Committee (2004-2005) since at that time there were talks of Inaki's business in the media. I remember at that time some journalists said that royals could work, but shouldn't be allowed to do business, but Felipe's voice hadn't been heard by his Dad. JC didn't know Inaki had done things illegal, but he surely knew Inaki had made millions using his royal connection, he pretty much left a blind eye to Inaki's business.
I agree that if Cristina were not a King's daughter, she likely would be called to testify just as wife of Inaki's business partner. I'm surprised that the secretary of the infantas hasn't been called to testify either, he was the treasurer of Noos, should know the in/out of money of Noos, he must have been protected by someone on the top (likely JC).
Not only Inaki negotiated his business contracts in Marivent, the secretary of the infantas had been managing Inaki's business from Zarzuela :cool:. The secretary must have known all the dirty secrets of Inaki and Cristina, no wonder JC still keeps him in Zarzuela.

El secretario de las infantas gestion los negocios de Urdangarn desde Zarzuela - Libertad Digital

Last edited:
Inaki didn't fool everyone in the family, at least not Felipe and Letizia.

Obviously yes - Inaki married into the family seven years earlier, it seems he was able to hide his golddigging character or affection for a lifestyle bigger than his purse, even as Olympic handballer he didnt make lots of money.

Its clearly JCs mistake to allow him (or anyone else within the SRF) to get anywhere near public money or do business in the first place. Its difficult to see why - just look at other royal houses - anyone doing business or works with public money is close to controversy (BRF princes Edward or Andrew, Countess Sophie).

And its difficult to see why JC only reacted so slow - given, and I've said it before, the personal and professional hardship he had to go through for decades in order to get on the Spanish throne and stay there until today.

After reading the posts I refreshed my knowledge of Spain and its royal family.

It does seem really sad for this to happen especially given the work the king has done.

I hope it is resolved quickly and doesn't reflect back on the rest of the family. But I guess it will to some degree.

All that glitters is not gold...

This whole thing just amazes me. Of course all we see are pictures, but my impression was that Inaki was a really decent guy, comfortable with himself, in love with Cristina, a good father. I would never guess he would do this sort of thing.

Yet, on the other hand, a lot of things make sense now. The sour, unhappy look on Cristina's face starting about the time this took place. What appeared to be changes in the family relationships, etc. There are so many ways in which a man with Inaki's connections could take advantage (legally) of his position, why would he do this?

Hi everyone,

Ive been reading the forums for a while and specially those related to the spanish royal house. I'm very concerned of how this situation is evolving and was asking myself, if we really know them, we tend to think we do...we create those characters based on pictures, press, forums, blogs, etc, but we really dont know what is true and what isn't. What is happening now...is hard to believe based on how well he was handling himself as duke of palma (at least publicly), we really dont know who knew and who didnt, even inside the royal family. We will never know for sure. We can learn a good lesson in this: dont judge by the appearances and dont put your heart on people you dont really know (and that includes any royal or celebrity you follow).

Cya,

W

Well said lady W , I often thought that the Royals were always happy , handsome and successful and lucky !

Classic abuse of position and power, IMO, which is a sad occurrence always, but all too common today unfortunately.

It's true that you can't know about criminal activity from pictures, but I do think you can tell when the royal personages we follow are happy or unhappy. I remember thinking "something's wrong" looking at the photos of then-Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Prince Joachim months before their separation was announced. Even consummate professionals have a hard time looking truly happy when they are not.

Cristina and Inaki were so happy when they were first married, right up until about the birth of Irene, or maybe a year after that. Since then I've wondered, is Cristina just aging, or is there some reason she looks different to me?

Hi everyone,

Ive been reading the forums for a while and specially those related to the spanish royal house. I'm very concerned of how this situation is evolving and was asking myself, if we really know them, we tend to think we do...we create those characters based on pictures, press, forums, blogs, etc, but we really dont know what is true and what isn't. What is happening now...is hard to believe based on how well he was handling himself as duke of palma (at least publicly), we really dont know who knew and who didnt, even inside the royal family. We will never know for sure. We can learn a good lesson in this: dont judge by the appearances and dont put your heart on people you dont really know (and that includes any royal or celebrity you follow).

Cya,

W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom