Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
I think that's exactly what Inaki and Cristina expected: that out of respect for (or due the influence of) the King, the press will hush any possible scandal.

As for suggesting Letizia leaked any documents, I agree with everyone else: I doubt it ever happened, and if Letizia had wanted to so any such thing, she would have done that when the press was especially brutal towards her, constantly and unfavourably comparing her to the Borbon's "Golden Girl" (Cristina). Maybe Inaki and Cristina can grow up an actually take responsibility for their actions, instead of blaming everyone else?

Last edited:
I think that's exactly what Inaki and Cristina expected: that out of respect for (or due the influence of) the King, the press will hush any possible scandal.

As for blaming Letizia for leaking any documents, I agree with everyone else: I doubt it ever happened, and if Letizia had wanted to so any such thing, she would have done that when the press was especially brutal towards her, constantly and unfavourably comparing her to the Borbon's "Golden Girl" (Cristina). Maybe Inaki and Cristina can grow up an actually take responsibility for their actions, instead of blaming everyone else?

I know I suggested that perhaps Leti did leak the documents, I was really playing devil's advocate; I don't think she did either.

However, I would not "blame" her for leaking documents. :flowers: If she leaked them, I'd be proud of her - it's seeing that justice is done no matter what the cost to her. Either way, I suppose she comes out on top in my book. ;)

If I and C have not yet grown up and taken responsibility for their own actions, they won't be doing so now. It's a very alarming trait in a person when they refuse to take responsibility and fail to show any remorse for their actions.

Interestingly enough, the press from a few years back that reported constantly on the family split between Letizia and Felipe and Cristina and Inaki may be the saving of their family legacy now.

Blessing in disguise I suppose.

It is probably more likely Letizia got information from her reporter friends that something was going on with Inaki and Cristina's finances and she kept herself and Felipe out of the fray.

What Iñaki has done is a pure disgrace and if Cristina was in on it shame on her as well.

HM needs to come down hard on him to save himself and the Monarchy.

and why not. corruption has been business as usual in spain, at least within the public and elite sector, for almost decades. as long as everybody was well off, nobody bothered.

If times hadnt turned for the worse in spain so dramatically i am pretty sure this whole inaki issue would have been a non-story today, like, misusing public money, who doesnt?

with now the whole government under general suspicion to be corrupt, the monarchy could have been the one institution to shine in their white vests, but thanks to inaki the well hidden less favourable things came to light and now the Borbons are in line with all the other so called public servants.

Last edited:
It is probably more likely Letizia got information from her reporter friends that something was going on with Inaki and Cristina's finances and she kept herself and Felipe out of the fray.
And if this is the case, which btw I think it is, good for Letizia. Nothing wrong with looking out for her own little family.

Letizia is sensible and mature enough, and has enough common sense, to understand that if she leaks the bad things about Christina, it will bring bad name to the SRF,it will finally affect her husband and her own kids' future
None of the Crown Princesses these days are so immature/dumb/stupid like Diana to reveal all the dirty family secrets in public to get even with in-laws ( worse in latter case, with her husband). It takes just a quarter of brains to understand that once you defame a monarch/heir,you bring down the entire institution in the eyes of people. You may become a Goddess/Angel, but later when your own children ascend to head the House, they will be seen with the same eyes. If not for the immense change and PR exercise taken by BRF in the last 15 years, William could be never looking to his future as King, with the sense of security he has today, thanks to all his mother's antics/dramas.

Hence I believe if Letizia ever wanted to get even/insult Christina she would have found far better discrete ways rather than these cheap tricks..

So its quite possible that there was indeed a 'War of The Infantas ' as reported by the Spanish media a few years back with Cristina and I think Pilar v's Letizia,I'm sure we'll read lot more before the sorry saga is over!

Letizia is sensible and mature enough, and has enough common sense, to understand that if she leaks the bad things about Christina, it will bring bad name to the SRF,it will finally affect her husband and her own kids' future
None of the Crown Princesses these days are so immature/dumb/stupid like Diana to reveal all the dirty family secrets in public to get even with in-laws ( worse in latter case, with her husband). It takes just a quarter of brains to understand that once you defame a monarch/heir,you bring down the entire institution in the eyes of people. You may become a Goddess/Angel, but later when your own children ascend to head the House, they will be seen with the same eyes. If not for the immense change and PR exercise taken by BRF in the last 15 years, William could be never looking to his future as King, with the sense of security he has today, thanks to all his mother's antics/dramas.

Hence I believe if Letizia ever wanted to get even/insult Christina she would have found far better discrete ways rather than these cheap tricks..
I quite agree with you... very well said :flowers:

Princess pulls Spanish King into royal scandal - The Local

From the Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein interview:
"The king asked me to help Inaki find a suitable job at an internationally recognised organisation," said Sayn-Wittgenstein, ... who found a job for Inaki Urdangarin in 2004 at the Laureus sports foundation but he ultimately turned it down.
Laureus offered to pay Urdangarin a yearly salary of €200,000 but he felt the amount was not sufficient, El Mundo reported.

:eek: So 200.000 Euros is not enough for a fromer handball player and he chose to make a business out of a non-profit organisation by diverting the money into his pockets. Only when the King came up with something better, Telefonica offering 1 Mio Euros, Inaki decided to take it.

What a horrible mindset to have, like I need that much money (without the slightest qualification for such a salary) and if nobody pays me that amount, I am going to get it illegally :eek:

I am very surprised Corinna gave this interview: if even those closest to the King (and Corrina is as close as it gets) pretty much condemn Inaki's behaviour publicly, that must mean something.

As for Inaki... Well, nothing surprises me about him any longer. That 200,000 was not enough for him shows just how disillusioned Inaki was (and probably still is).

I am very surprised Corinna gave this interview: if even those closest to the King (and Corrina is as close as it gets) pretty much condemn Inaki's behaviour publicly, that must mean something.

As for Inaki... Well, nothing surprises me about him any longer. That 200,000 was not enough for him shows just how disillusioned Inaki was (and probably still is).

Yea, he sounds like a spoiled, selfish, entitled individual who believed the world owed him everything. It also reflects pretty poorly on Cristina that he's who she chose to marry.

:previous: I agree with the city of Palma there. He was very disrecpetful towards his wife´s title, he souldn´t use it anymore :whistling:

Maybe that might be the next step,Cristina relinquishing her ducal title?

People change with time during a marriage and not always for the better.

But she must have known and did not stop him, she has enough power to do so if she had wanted.

Yea, he sounds like a spoiled, selfish, entitled individual who believed the world owed him everything. It also reflects pretty poorly on Cristina that he's who she chose to marry.

I don´t know about the King abdicating. I don´t think anybody´s going to tell him to do so.

But I really hope the King himself or somebody else tells Cristina to relinquish her title. This is getting worse day by day and I´m afraid it can drag the family and the Monarchy itself if continues this way :whistling:

I don´t know about the King abdicating. I don´t think anybody´s going to tell him to do so.

But I really hope the King himself or somebody else tells Cristina to relinquish her title. This is getting worse day by day and I´m afraid it can drag the family and the Monarchy itself if continues this way :whistling:

The King gave Cristina that Dukedom for life,but I guess that can change too.

The King gave Cristina that Dukedom for life,but I guess that can change too.
It should, Imo.
Titles are granted because of a service to the Crown, and Cristina precisely is doing to the Crown the major damage it has suffered in decades.

It should, Imo.
Titles are granted because of a service to the Crown, and Cristina precisely is doing to the Crown the major damage it has suffered in decades.

I agree,I cannot see Cristina keeping her ducal title and maybe her place in the line of sucession ?

I think it is time that Cristina lost her ducal title. If she continues to hold it then it looks like she is being protected by the king. This perception can only continue to cause damage to the standing of the Spanish Monarchy.

kathl29, she holds the title of the Infanta of Spain (which by far much more prestigious that an dukedom) and as long as she is holding that title, she will always be seen as being protected by the king. and since that title is her birth right, i doubt anyone will touch it.

kathl29, she holds the title of the Infanta of Spain (which by far much more prestigious that an dukedom) and as long as she is holding that title, she will always be seen as being protected by the king. and since that title is her birth right, i doubt anyone will touch it.

Her husband is often refered to as The Duke of Palma,if that title was taken away he would be Mr Iñaki Urdangarin,husband of an Infanta of Spain.He would no longer be able to style himself as H.E.The Duke of Palma de Mallorca.

Didn't the judge say this week that there was no evidence to implicate either Cristina, The King or the Royal Household in this mess?

Has Inaki been formally charged yet? I suppose that's a foregone conclusion if he has not been.

When can we expect a trial? Will he be tried with his former partner or separately? How long would a trial be?

Anyone know what potential jail sentence he faces should he be found guilty as charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom