The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like Christina, without knowing her of course .
But even if I had not liked her I do not understand it is assumed that if her husband accepts bribes she is an accomplice and greedy. Many companies do not allow their employees to take about workcases to their wives/husbands. Perhaps that is not a written or unwritten rule in his company but how can anyone be sure she knew about his accepting bribes and why would he want to tell her, many people do it in various countries but it remains shamefull.

I remember someone telling me that when her mother and sisters were young women they stayed at a greek shipowners home in london and needed to be explained the concept of money, they had never had to pay for anything (this opens a door for jokes perhaps).
Of course that is a long time ago but it is possible that where money comes from did not interest Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Iñaki has abused his position and has made ​​millions of euros of public money dishonestly (and probably illegal). Furthermore, by all accounts known, has done everything possible not to declare the money to the estate. People have every right to be angry, if people like Iñaki have acted honestly, Spain would have money to cover many basic services for people.

Iñaki is not the only involved in this story, original case is not about Inaki, but on corrupt politicians, important political of the party that governs Spain... There are many people involved, his partners and many politicians and government workers. Many people have had to testify about this case ... also the workers of Iñaki, people who worked with his business, at his home...
It's a big investigation, and Inaki is a fish on the big sea.

Iñaki is a member of the Royal Family who has done business with public money, there lies the seriousness of the case. If the problem is with private companies, the scandal would be much less important. Politicians in the same situation have had to abandon their posts, and if they have been guilty had to leave politics.

So in this case, out of doors the obligation of the Royal Family is to remove Iñaki. Decisions taken private as private family are theirs and we do not know them.

Only add, that the Infanta Cristina, is still very protected. If she was not King's daughter and had four children who are indirect victims of the greed of their parents, perhaps the situation would be different.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Susan, I think you are once again missing data.

Infanta Cristina was on the board of the Noos Institute, Iñaki was the director and from that institute did business. In addition, both had half Aizoon a company where Iñaki diverted some of his benefits. So the Infanta was not only the wife.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

o dear, what a mess, I will wait and see what happens..
Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Re-opening this thread but please be aware that any speculative,defaming or off topic posts will be deleted.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Aristocracy

Are there any updates in the case itself? I am under the impression that formal charges, if coming, will come in the fall. From there how long before a trial?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
Are there any updates in the case itself? I am under the impression that formal charges, if coming, will come in the fall. From there how long before a trial?
The developments keep happening. Formal charges will be brought up sometime after the courts resume normal schedule after the summer break. From the time charges are made, to trial, it can be some time. How long? Impossible to say. In a case like this the legal fight is going to be a lengthy process.

As to updates, I recommend you, or anyone interested in the case, to check El Pais newspaper. It's one of the serious, reputable newspapers in the world running a close reporting on the Noos/Urdangarin matter. El Pais is certainly far away from tabloids or gossipy magazines. Reading the translations can be a bit of a pain though, however they do convey a general idea of the seriousness of the case.

I leave a couple of links - one from today, one from two days ago.

The judge in the Noos' case investigates six alleged Urdangarín frontmen.

El juez del

Translation

politica.elpais.com/politica/2012/08/15/actualidad/1345049779_285076.html - Translator

The Prosecutor's Office will ask Urdangarin for millions in bail after new data from the Treasury.

La Fiscalía pedirá fianza millonaria a Urdangarin con nuevos datos del fisco | Política | EL PAÍS

Translation

La Fiscalía pedirá fianza millonaria a Urdangarin con nuevos datos del fisco | Política | EL PAÍS
Old 08-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The Swiss Justice has frozen an account with 700,000 euros in Lausanne and has also blocked another in the Principality of Andorra where Noos deposited € 400,000, according to elmundo.es
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

There is a book out on the Noos case, parts have been printed in El Mundo:
ALLEDGEDLY
- Inaki asked Felipe in 2008 to help him pay to keep the house in Barcelona because he couldnt afford anymore but the King wanted the house to be kept to stay there when in Barcelona
- When Felipe asked Cristina to pick up Letizia's engagement ring, she asked Inaki who sent his business partner Diego Torres who payed for the ring with the Noos credit card.

El primer libro sobre Urdangarin revela la bronca que le ech el prncipe Felipe
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Nobility

''Urdangarín: Un Conseguidor en la Corte del Rey Juan Carlos'' mentioned above is getting lots of press in the last few days. The authors claim to have insided sources.

From an interview in Elmundo on 25 Oct with the authors:

"Relations between Don Felipe and Urdangarin are worse than bad. They do not speak. The heir is unforgiving."

"They are extremely materialistic. Iñaki Urdangarin, specifically, is a man pathologically obsessed with money."

"Divorce? Desirable for the institution in case of a conviction that seems inevitable. The King does not want the headline "King's son-in-law sentenced" but rather the less severe, "sentenced is the King's former son-in-law." The problem is that the Infanta still has a crush on her husband"

"One of the people who always suspected that something was not right with the standard of living of the Urdangarin and Borbon family was Letizia." The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."

Eduardo Inda y Esteban Urreiztieta | Encuentros digitales | ELMUNDO.es
Old 10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

"the Infanta still has a crush on her husband" English is not my native language but I think permanent love between two people for years and producing four children deserves another word.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
"Relations between Don Felipe and Urdangarin are worse than bad. They do not speak. The heir is unforgiving."

"They are extremely materialistic. Iñaki Urdangarin, specifically, is a man pathologically obsessed with money."

" The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."

Eduardo Inda y Esteban Urreiztieta | Encuentros digitales | ELMUNDO.es
Of course he MUST blame someone else....might as well be Letizia. Would NEVER admit he and his wife were in the wrong. Narcissism in its purest form.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
"One of the people who always suspected that something was not right with the standard of living of the Urdangarin and Borbon family was Letizia." The Duke of Palma believes that "Letizia is behind everything that is happening to us."
I knew there was more to this story.
So it was Letizia that made Inaki accept bribes, it was Letizia who made him break the law, she's the reason it all went wrong.

Honestly, if Inaki really thinks so then he's more disillusioned than I thought.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

How didn´t we realise it before? It was Letizia who confunded Iñaki (maybe she even used a spell, since she seems to be such a witch ) and the poor boy put his hands where he shouldn´t without even being concious of that! Oh, once again that awful, awful woman!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
How didn´t we realise it before? It was Letizia who confunded Iñaki (maybe she even used a spell, since she seems to be such a witch ) and the poor boy put his hands where he shouldn´t without even being concious of that! Oh, once again that awful, awful woman!
Letizia with her super-natural powers. What will she get involved with next? Perhaps she can stop the "Frankenstorm" hitting the US eastcoast.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

The King had never stayed at their house. When JC had official events in Barcelona, he stayed in the palace, for private events, he usually stayed at his friend's house or his own rumored flat. JC was usually with Corinna. Come on, is it possible for JC and Corinna both staying at the house of Cristina and Inaki ? LOL . What a silly lie, no wonder Felipe was furious.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The story of Torres or Inaki pocketing the Felipe's money and paying for the engagement ring with Noos credit card could be true, it has been stated many times that the ring is from a Barcelona store and Cristina was used as a go-between for Felipe.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spanish royal couple's mortgage details leaked in fraud inquiry | World news | guardian.co.uk

the miraculous mortgage
Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not understand, why would he say he earns 3000 euro a month?

Christina earning 7.500 euro a month I find shameful for someone in her position taking a salary like that from a charity.

The duke had presented the bank with a tax declaration that showed his work income was €36,000 a year. He declared another €76,000 in income from investments.
It was not clear how much the princess declared. Court papers reportedly show that she earned about €90,000 that year working for the Caixa's charitable foundation, and received a further €72,000 from her father, King Juan Carlos.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I knew there was more to this story.
So it was Letizia that made Inaki accept bribes, it was Letizia who made him break the law, she's the reason it all went wrong.

Honestly, if Inaki really thinks so then he's more disillusioned than I thought.
I'd take it all with a pinch of salt,how reliable are the sources who are quoted?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, El Mundo is not a rag newspaper; it's the second largest printed (after El Pais) and the largest digital daily newspaper in Spain, with a daily circulation of around 200,000 readers (that's printed-edition only). Along with El Pais and ABC, it's the most influential newspaper in the country. I often go through their digital edition and would say it's like a slightly more reliable version of the British Daily Mail.

Obviously, everything written should not be taken for granted but I just found it hard to believe anyone - Inaki and Cristina included - could find a way of blaming the mess on anyone else, least of all Letizia.

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal