Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I Wonder when the decision will be taken about the possible bail

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Spain king's brother-in-law might not have to go to jail after all - The Local

The brother-in-law of Spain's king, who was handed six years and three months jail for syphoning off millions, will remain free and not be required to post bail as he prepares to appeal his sentence, a court said on Thursday.
Inaki is a lucky man. I wonder if he would receive the same treatment if he were Joe Average and not the king's ex son-in-law..

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
Inaki is a lucky man. I wonder if he would receive the same treatment if he were Joe Average and not the king's ex son-in-law..
if he and cristina weren't son in law and daughter of the ex king they wouldn't had stepped a foot in court .
Old 02-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Majesty

wonder how long he can keep appealing against prison time. after the long trial, now it turns out that he can, after all, avoid going to prison. i wonder how long this will last for. surely he can't get out that easily now that he was sentenced.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
My understanding - and this is all filtered through a couple of articles translated by Google so take it for what it's worth - is that immediate entrance into prison is to prevent the accused from fleeing to another country and attempting to not return to Spain if and when their appeal is exhausted. Inaki is the last person in the world who could attempt such an escape, even if he wanted to, given that he and his wife have police protection and they're stalked by a pack of photographers every time they leave their house.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Critina is back in Geneva

La sonrisa de la infanta Cristina a su regreso a casa tras saber que su marido no ingresa en prisión

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Old 02-27-2017, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
My understanding - and this is all filtered through a couple of articles translated by Google so take it for what it's worth - is that immediate entrance into prison is to prevent the accused from fleeing to another country and attempting to not return to Spain if and when their appeal is exhausted. Inaki is the last person in the world who could attempt such an escape, even if he wanted to, given that he and his wife have police protection and they're stalked by a pack of photographers every time they leave their house.
Aren't they already in a country other than Spain?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, and according to the article I read, one of the possible options was for the court to require Inaki to surrender his passport and stay in Spain until the outcome of his appeal is known. As it turned out he has been allowed to continue residing outside of Spain, although I believe he needs to comply with certain conditions while in Geneva.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm a little late; but I just wanted to chip in again. I'm not surprised to read this to be honest, as, like I said in a previous post of mine, the sentence he received initially did seem quite excessive for his particular crime.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-03-2017, 11:58 AM
Majesty

La Fiscalía pide al Supremo que doble la pena a Urdangarin hasta los 14 años y medio de cárcel | España Home | EL MUNDO

The Prosecutor's Office asks the Supreme Court to sentence Urdangarin to 14 years and a half in prison
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Infanta Cristina to request on 14 July to the court in Palma to refund her 322,000 Euros from the 587,000 euro deposit

Infanta Cristina to request money back from court deposit – Royal Central
Old 10-17-2017, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is the latest concerning this case? Is it still going on? Has Iñaki's fate been decided on?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:44 PM
Courtier

I don't think so, however, the article from July 3 has been updated. Apparently, the 14 and a half years was the maximum number they considered but the 'Fiscalía' officially asked the Supreme Court for 10 years; still more than the sentence of 6 years and 3 months that Iñaki was given - but far less than then 19 and a half years they asked in the trial at the Palma de Mallorca court.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Majesty

so... what happened with this? it has been pure silence for months now even though inaki was condemned to prison. what are we waiting for now? this is the longest proceedings ever.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
so... what happened with this? it has been pure silence for months now even though inaki was condemned to prison. what are we waiting for now? this is the longest proceedings ever.
Iñaki Urdangarín filed an appeal with the Supreme Court.
The Court decided not to apply precautionary measures.
This means that Iñaki lives in Switzerland and had not to post bail.

And yes, in almost all European countries Lady Justitia has lengthy procedures. If Spanish Justice does not painstakingly follow every step and respects the rights of the accused, the procedure could be nullified by the European Court of Justice, which would be a humiliating blow to Spanish Justice. So they better take their time and do everything with check-and-doublecheck.

Tags
controversy, corruption, cristina, duchess of palma, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, palma, palma de mallorca, scandal