The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
the corruption fighter and accuser of infanta cristina has been jailed for for extortion, threats and membership in a criminal organization.

wow, you couldn't make it up!

Spain: Princess Cristina's tax fraud accuser jailed, no bail - 680 NEWS
Incredible it looks like a soap opera

Old 04-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Manos Limpias want to continue the trial against Cristina. Without the organisation, there is no judical accusation against the Infanta.
Zwei Festnahmen in Madrid: Ankläger wollten die Infantin erpressen

Old 05-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The fears of Inaki Urdangarins late father

Los temores del padre de Urdangarin ante el ascenso de su hijo | loc | EL MUNDO

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 05-20-2016, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The attorney of Infanta Cristina proposed a secret meeting

Caso Manos Limpias: El juez Castro desvela que el abogado de la Infanta Cristina le propuso una reunión secreta - Bekia

https://translate.google.ie/translat...a%2F&sandbox=1
Old 05-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Without Manos Limpias ("Clean Hands") there is no case against the Infanta. The foundation is in serious trouble for blackmailing several people and organizations ("If you don't pay, we will file complaint after complaint to give you big problems and negative exposure. If you pay we will leave you alone"). It is interesting to see what the legal team of the Infanta had to say to the activistic bloodhounds of that club-with-not-so-clean-hands.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina and Inaki will return to the bench on June 14th.

La infanta Cristina, obligada a volver al juicio de Nóos | Baleares | EL MUNDO

Translation

https://translate.google.ie/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 06-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, good grief. This is just dragging on. I believe most all know how this will end. Cristina will walk, Inaki will get slap on the wrist and all others will get a bit of jail time. By this time next year all will be playing "happy families" again and Cristina and Inaki will once again be the darlings of the media and daddy. I personally can't picture it going any other way. Not that I agree 100%, but that is life. So much money wasted.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Has Infanta Cristina left her job at La Caixa?

¿La infanta Cristina deja su trabajo en La Caixa?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spain: Final arguments in Princess Cristina’s fraud trial

Spain: Final arguments in Princess Cristina’s fraud trial - Salon.com

Photos

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Oh, good grief. This is just dragging on. I believe most all know how this will end. Cristina will walk, Inaki will get slap on the wrist and all others will get a bit of jail time. By this time next year all will be playing "happy families" again and Cristina and Inaki will once again be the darlings of the media and daddy. I personally can't picture it going any other way. Not that I agree 100%, but that is life. So much money wasted.
i may be naive, but i don't think this is how it will end. i think cristina will get away without jail, but i think inaki will serve at least some time, for the show (although perhaps in a 'cushy' prison, away from other inmates, and with access to family and friends visiting). even if they do walk away without any jail between them (which i think is very optimistic to assume), i think they will never be able to gain back their status previously of 'darlings of the media' and 'perfect family'. the royal court will make up, if they haven't already, a strategy to send them in 'exile' somewhere in europe, never to return to spain. there's no way they will regain any royal status, and to me it is very clear that the train of life they used to live in the past, of being invited to royal events (at least high profile ones) and the like, has ended.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Nobody can ban them from living in Spain and whatever happens with the case, Cristina will be a very rich woman when the old Kings pass away. Money will not be an issue here (obviously they still have lots of support even now), so IMO they will do what they want and not care about public opinion let alonge the Kings' opinion, as Cristina has proven many times by now, trying to contradict what Felipe tried to build.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i may be naive, but i don't think this is how it will end. i think cristina will get away without jail, but i think inaki will serve at least some time, for the show (although perhaps in a 'cushy' prison, away from other inmates, and with access to family and friends visiting). even if they do walk away without any jail between them (which i think is very optimistic to assume), i think they will never be able to gain back their status previously of 'darlings of the media' and 'perfect family'. the royal court will make up, if they haven't already, a strategy to send them in 'exile' somewhere in europe, never to return to spain. there's no way they will regain any royal status, and to me it is very clear that the train of life they used to live in the past, of being invited to royal events (at least high profile ones) and the like, has ended.
I think you have summarized the situation well.... shall we see the end of this matter one day ?????
Old 06-10-2016, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Nobody can ban them from living in Spain and whatever happens with the case, Cristina will be a very rich woman when the old Kings pass away. Money will not be an issue here (obviously they still have lots of support even now), so IMO they will do what they want and not care about public opinion let alonge the Kings' opinion, as Cristina has proven many times by now, trying to contradict what Felipe tried to build.
I think they care about public opinion, no matter how much money they have.

My prediction: the charges will be dropped against Cristina and Inaki will be convicted and serve some sort of time. He will also face a huge amount in restitution.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree GracieGiraffe.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

I hope we get to the end of this sorry saga in the next couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The judgment in the trial is expected before June 30!

La defensa de la infanta Cristina vuelve a pedir su absolución en el caso Nóos

Old 06-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Majesty

a video of the end of the trial: inaki and cristina said they have nothing else to add, as did diego torres.

Caso Nóos: La Infanta Cristina y Urdangarin: "Nada que decir, Señoría, muchas gracias" | EL MUNDO
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-23-2016, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Cristina and Inaki attend the last session of the trial of Noos case.

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 06-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Corruption trial for Spain′s Princess Cristina draws to a close | News | DW.COM | 22.06.2016
Latin American Herald Tribune - Lawyer for Spanish Princess Urges Acquittal in Corruption Case

now we are waiting for the verdict. i don't think cristina will be sentenced, the state or public prosecution never pressed for any charges, she is only where she is because of a shady organisation, manos limpios, now accused of extortion and worse.

pretty sure inaki will do prison time.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

About time we see the end of this !

Tags
controversy, corruption, cristina, duchess of palma, iñaki, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, palma, palma de mallorca, scandal