Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 - 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope their Summer family holidays will not be the last one for a while.

Oh please! Why are they speaking uo now And she is a intelligent, well-educated woman: frankly, to claim she didn't think that what her husband did was illegal, is an insult to her smartness...

Cristina missed too many things from the life he had but unfortunately even if acquitted do not think that anything will change much.
But who blame for this? :sad:

Last edited:
Everyone is free to express him- or herself, also the Infanta and her friends.

I haven't follow much of the ongoing trial recently... has a verdict been announced yet?

Everyone is free to express him- or herself, also the Infanta and her friends.

You are correct, everyone has the right to their own opinion and the freedom of speech to express. None of these opinions means anything in a court of law. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty only in court. That being said, no matter how this turns out, Cristina will always be under a black cloud the rest of her life and most feels she will deserve all she gets. The children do not deserve any of this. They are 100% innocent but this trial will follow them for the rest of their young lives. That is what I think is awful. That is also what their parents must live with for the rest of their lives. Was the money worth it?

Are you kidding? I think I will have great-grandchildren before this verdict is announced. :p

Now that made me laugh. But I agree that this is taking just too long to get to trial. I still say that if the judge didn't "see" something amiss in the official papers submitted, he would have cancelled all counts on Cristina long ago. Maybe just something small [of course compared to her Inaki] but a broken law never-the-less. What is the time limit for a speedy trial in Spain, or don't they actually have one? I know America has pages and pages explaining that their citizens have the 'right to a speedy trial'.

To me it seems like the longer this case takes before coming before the judge, the more deals and trade-off can take place. Shame to say, but I doubt if Cristina wasn't the daughter and sister of Kings, this trial would have been finished years ago. Aren't others already serving time for this crime?

Now that made me laugh. But I agree that this is taking just too long to get to trial. I still say that if the judge didn't "see" something amiss in the official papers submitted, he would have cancelled all counts on Cristina long ago. Maybe just something small [of course compared to her Inaki] but a broken law never-the-less. What is the time limit for a speedy trial in Spain, or don't they actually have one? I know America has pages and pages explaining that their citizens have the 'right to a speedy trial'.

To me it seems like the longer this case takes before coming before the judge, the more deals and trade-off can take place. Shame to say, but I doubt if Cristina wasn't the daughter and sister of Kings, this trial would have been finished years ago. Aren't others already serving time for this crime?

i agree, it's possible and very likely that if someone else would have done something similar, they would have been convicted some time ago. this has been dragging for 4 years and still no resolution. to me, it's clear they are trying to find an "easy way out" for cristina and possibly for iñaki, and i'm hoping that for once they don't allow that to happen. i am hopeful in the judge instructing the case. he demonstrated he isn't afraid of anything and did his job rightly. but i have no doubts casa real is behind this and closely following any events to try and get them out of this mess they got themselves in.

i agree, it's possible and very likely that if someone else would have done something similar, they would have been convicted some time ago. this has been dragging for 4 years and still no resolution. to me, it's clear they are trying to find an "easy way out" for cristina and possibly for iñaki, and i'm hoping that for once they don't allow that to happen. i am hopeful in the judge instructing the case. he demonstrated he isn't afraid of anything and did his job rightly. but i have no doubts casa real is behind this and closely following any events to try and get them out of this mess they got themselves in.

I see it the other way around: the State attorney actually asked for the charges against Cristina to be dropped as he saw no legal case against her. However, because she was the King's daughter and the judge is probably a republican who wanted to embarass the monarchy, he sent her to trial against the recommendation of the prosecutor himself.

Last edited:
Mbruno, both scenarios could be correct. We will never know 100%, But the fact is we all can have our own opinion and express it here even though it won't mean a hill of beans in court. We just have to hope correct justice is served. Heck, some people are still trying to find out how JFK really died. Even when this case is over, there will always be believers and disbelievers.

My question is whether this time frame is typical of a similar case in Spain. If not, then perhaps everyone is not equal under the laws. Whether that is working for or against the defendants in this case I don't know.

My question is whether this time frame is typical of a similar case in Spain. If not, then perhaps everyone is not equal under the laws. Whether that is working for or against the defendants in this case I don't know.

I doubt that there has ever been a case like this in Spain. Probably why it is taking so long. I certainly would not want to be this judge. You are right, time frame is really a bit much, but we don't know the entire story. So who can really tell what piles of documents are being presented. I always wondered how many people are involved in helping this judge and marvel that not one of them has leaked any really interesting or damming true information. Admiration to them all.

Good that they finally set a date. Let's hope this circus has come to an end by this time next year. It is the open wound of the Spanish RF and the sooner it is history the better.

Though not the best starts to 2016 I'm glad a date has been set for this ongoing palava.

Better not get your hopes up too soon. There might still be a thousand ways to delay and disrupt the process. This can still go on for a long time.

So with good morning 2016 and the trial starts. And along and all the circus through the media imagine. Hopefully in 2016 to finish in any way.

Not convinced this will go ahead in January. This trial will be long and protracted. It will take the judge an even longer time to render a decision. Then there will be appeals, up and down, up and down (the Amanda Knox case in Italy comes to mind).

If you think this will be resolved this time next year....:lol::lol::lol:

If you think this will be resolved this time next year....

"The wheels of justice grind exceeding fine, and exceeding SLOW"...

What does that mean? He has not a proper adress at the moment?:eek:

It is a strange report indeed. The judge knew that the house in Pedalbres was sold, it is public knowledge that the Urdangarins live in Switzerland right now, and the law court knows how to contact his lawyer. It's not as if Inaki were in hiding. Imo, this no big deal. Just an article blowing up something out of proportion.

It's a bit strange and excessive article. Surely this is a formality. Much Ado About Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom