Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 2 (2015 - 2018)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep this thread respectful thank you!

more on cristina in this article, titled with what she said in court: 'i can't wait for this to be over so that i don't need to step on this country ever again'

disappointing behaviour for who was formally (and still is 'unofficially' as no one really takes her seriously anymore and was discarded from any official representation) a 'princess of spain'. [madam, if you think spain is not a country you want to 'step in ever again', why not renouncing to your infanta title?]

in the article, they mention that cristina has a good relationship with her mother and sister, but not with her father or brother. speaking as to her family rejecting her she said 'Do you know how hard it is to have to ask permission to get a glass of water in what has been my home for life? ".

cristina and inaki blame letizia for all their evils.

they also say that cristina and inaki 'still don't think they did anything wrong', and she is cited saying that she didn't do anything 'that any other spanish person wouldn't do'. on her leasing of property illegally for the noos foundation she said 'who doesn't do things like these?'. the article says 'she does not show the least remorse or repentment'.

the article also talks about how bad juan valentin has taken this experience.

regarding her presence in this case, Cristina de Borbón replied: "At the beginning of this process they told me not to worry and to be calm because they would not impute me and imputed me; then they told me not to worry because the matter would not go to trial, and I was seated in the Then the court would admit the previous question - the famous doctrine Botín that was used by his lawyers - and that I could go, and here I am ... But, come on, I'm calm". she has internalized that inaki will enter prison, but she isn't giving up her dynastic rights.

Infanta Cristina: "Qué ganas tengo de que acabe esto para no volver a pisar este país" | loc | EL MUNDO

La infanta Cristina: "Estoy encantada de estar aquí"

Infanta Cristina: "I'm delighted to be here"

The sister of Felipe VI, visiting in Barcelona for work reasons, denies having made disrespectful comments about her home country.

What else could Cristina do but deny her remarks when back in Spain?;) She would have been in a much better position if she would have kept quiet and not commented at all about the case and her family.

What else could Cristina do but deny her remarks when back in Spain?;) She would have been in a much better position if she would have kept quiet and not commented at all about the case and her family.

Why are you so certain she made the remarks in the first place? My understanding is the columnist has produced no proof whatsoever.

The brilliant part about the article claiming Cristina made those comments is that she has no way to really address the issue. If she denies she made the comments the columnist will say he or she has people who heard the comments in question, (people who wish to remain anonymous, of course).

I think she made the right call in not addressing the gossip directly but rather simply stating that it's nice to be in Spain.

Contrary to the article, I believe Cristina dreams of the day she can return to Spain.

Why are you so certain she made the remarks in the first place? My understanding is the columnist has produced no proof whatsoever.

The brilliant part about the article claiming Cristina made those comments is that she has no way to really address the issue. If she denies she made the comments the columnist will say he or she has people who heard the comments in question, (people who wish to remain anonymous, of course).

I think she made the right call in not addressing the gossip directly but rather simply stating that it's nice to be in Spain.

Well said. I agree. There is absolutely no proof provided that she made the remarks (and I doubt that she did otherwise we would have heard about it a long time ago) but there was almost no good way to address the story. She handled it well.

False media reporting with their made-up stories. Getting to feel that most media outlets hire liars that like to stir the garbage when none available. Don't believe a darn thing anymore unless I witness a person saying something themselves on TV. What a shame the media across the world has sunk this low. There was a time I truly believed all reporters [not tabloid scandal sheets] to give unbiased news. Now, forget it. I don't even watch.

According to Manuel on the FIMB the journalist writing the original article in which Cristina criticizes Spain and family is a credible and well known in journalism circles and doesn't put out fake stories. The story wasn't posted in a tabloid, but reputable newspaper. Since Manuel lives in Spain, he knows firsthand about what is a tabloid and what's a reputable news source. All of a sudden every story put out now is branded fake news. If the story about Cristina was published in the DM, Sun or National Enquirer, then I give it a big grain of salt. If a story comes out that leaves doubt, then do the research and find other sources to verify or deny it. It's easy to doubt my post, but before condemning it, do your own research.

According to Manuel on the FIMB the journalist writing the original article in which Cristina criticizes Spain and family is a credible and well known in journalism circles and doesn't put out fake stories. The story wasn't posted in a tabloid, but reputable newspaper. Since Manuel lives in Spain, he knows firsthand about what is a tabloid and what's a reputable news source. All of a sudden every story put out now is branded fake news. If the story about Cristina was published in the DM, Sun or National Enquirer, then I give it a big grain of salt. If a story comes out that leaves doubt, then do the research and find other sources to verify or deny it. It's easy to doubt my post, but before condemning it, do your own research.

Well actually I did via personal friends from Spain and was told to take with a huge grain of salt. Even credible newspapers can get and publish tainted stories. Maybe given wrong information. But if that reporter didn't actually hear the comment or view on tape, it is still up for grabs

:previous: Some recap from El Mundo in case anybody needs it, because this took ages ;)
Caso Nóos: Las claves del caso Nóos | EL MUNDO
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundo.es%2Fbaleares%2F2017%2F02%2F16%2F58a5a92b22601d80468b463a.html&edit-text=&act=url

Although the court decision will be known tomorrow, some media has already leaked some info that Iñaki will face 7 - 8 years of prison (way less than what the prosecutor called for), and Cristina will not be convicted (seems credible, but take this with a grain of salt until it's official)

Last edited:
Thanks Annie I recall the Prosecutor had asked for up to 19 years of a sentence,it will be a tense today tomorrow!

:previous: Some recap from El Mundo in case anybody needs it, because this took ages ;)
Caso Nóos: Las claves del caso Nóos | EL MUNDO
https://translate.google.com/transl...5a92b22601d80468b463a.html&edit-text=&act=url

Although the court decision will be known tomorrow, some media has already leaked some info that Iñaki will face 7 - 8 years of prison (way less than what the prosecutor called for), and Cristina will not be convicted (seems credible, but take this with a grain of salt until it's official)

This would be my guess as well. The state prosecution didn't press any charges against Cristina (she was already fined and paid before the trial) and the organisation Manos Limpias, that did press charges, is very shady and involved in criminal activities such as blackmailing.

Inaki's sentence sounds plausible as well, I always found 19 years ridiculous, murderers get less for their crime.

I can't wait to see the verdict, this story has lasted much too long.

I agree, happy to see it end. I have seen murder trials shorter. They make time to get to court, and fir the trial itself, but the verdict?

I hope the predictions are right. Hard enough on these kids if both parents go away. It seemed unlikely anyways. And 19 years is ridiculous. I always find it odd when people get less years for murder than other crimes.

Infanta Cristina won't go to jail (more the pity) but her darling husband is going to spend a few years in one of them. I'm sorry for their kids, they are the innocent party to their parents' shameful behaviour.

I hope the sentence brings to an end the thinking that royalty is above the law and can have a fee reign with tax payers' moneys. They don't. They can't. I'm truly proud of my country.

Last edited:
Infanta Cristina won't go to jail (more the pity) but her darling husband is going to spend a few years in one of them. I'm sorry for their kids, they are the innocent party to their parents' shameful behaviour.

I hope the sentence brings to an end the thinking that royalty is above the law and can have a fee reign with tax payers' moneys. They don't. They can't. I'm truly proud of my country.

That can only happen if she (the royal) is sentenced for prison

Whether or not she knew what her husband was doing is the whole point of the charges brought against her. We know she knew....proving it in a court of law is a whole different proposition.

Her husband is going to jail and she's become a pariah in Spain. A hell of a sentence for an Infanta of Spain who thought she was above the law.

Last edited:
Iñaki Urdangarin Liebaert has been declared the author responsible for:
- A continuing crime of misdemeanor in a medal contest with a crime of falsification in a public document and a crime of misappropriation of public funds, for which he is sentenced to 2 years and 8 months in prison, to a fine of 7 months and 17 Days with a daily fee of ten euros and 2 years and 7 months of special disqualification for employment or autonomous and local public office of the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands.
- A crime of fraud to the Public Administration, which is sentenced to 7 months imprisonment and 4 years and 6 months of special disqualification for employment or autonomous public and local public of the Autonomous Community of the Balearic Islands.
- A crime of influence peddling, for which he is sentenced to 1 year in prison.
- An offense against the Public Treasury, which sentenced him to 1 year in prison and a fine of double the amount defrauded (259,478.38 euros).
- An offense against the Public Treasury, for which he is sentenced to 1 year in prison and a fine of double the amount defrauded (253,075.30 euros).

The sum of the sentences is as follows: 6 years and 3 months of imprisonment, 7 years and one month of special disqualification and a fine of 512,553.68 euros. Also it is condemned to the civil responsibility that is determined in the judgment of the sentence whose copy is attached.

Iñaki Urdangarin has been acquitted of the rest of the crimes he was accused of.
The court has acquitted of the crimes of which Cristina de Borbón and Grecia and Ana María Tejeiro Losada were accused, declaring their civil responsibility in the following terms: - Cristina de Borbón and Greece, acting as a civil liability for profit, will be jointly and severally liable to Iñaki Urdangarin for the civil liability of the latter, up to the amount of EUR 265,088.42.
http://www.poderjudicial.es/cgpj/es...ias-de-prision-y-8-anos-y-3-meses-de-prision-
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.poderjudicial.es%2Fcgpj%2Fes%2FPoder-Judicial%2FTribunales-Superiores-de-Justicia%2FTSJ-Illes-Balears%2FNoticias-Judiciales-TSJ-Illes-Balears%2FLa-Audiencia-Provincial-de-les-Illes-Balears-condena-a-6-de-los-acusados-en-el--caso-Noos--a-penas-de-entre-1-ano-y-2-dias-de-prision-y-8-anos-y-3-meses-de-prision-&edit-text=&act=url

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom