Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did not take care of the royal Statute ! Cristina is suspected as a normal Spanish Citizen.

:previous:Now neither one of us is that old, we are still young Renaissance citizens of the world.
This is not surprising, I want her to face her problems and the people of Spain for she had everything handed to her on a gold platter and did this. She is college educated, worldly, endless everything, I don't feel sorry for her at all. She should be very ashamed of what she did and ashamed to face her parents and brother.

I feel really bad for Felipe and specially Queen Sofia, I hope something so unthoughtful as this doesn't hurt the monarchy in Spain, but I know it's in vain.

:previous:I agree that this is hurting her brother and maybe the future of the Spanish monarchy..........with everything that I feel she did and wonder why in the hell do it, it's her brother who will have a very hard job now trying to keep things together. My heart goes out to him and his wife and their lovely daughters and Queen Sophia, I hope that Cristina stays far away from Spain for the rest of her life and let Felipe alone so he can do his job. Don't even need to know how Queen Letizia is taking this...mad as hell at her sister in law as she should be. I am a huge supporter and fan of KF and QL and their duaghters and hope they survive this nightmare.:)

Thanks God this horrible situation is coming to an end. I have no doubt Iñaki is guilty, but I think Infanta Cristina is innocent - God knows a woman can be blind to the mistakes of the man she loves.

Some people here should at least respect the Spanish Judiciary System, before think they know better than the judges and investigators. I think some of the accusations that are being made here (It's so good when daddy is King) are quite ridiculous.

I'm sure King Felipe VI respects the Judiciary System, but I'm also sure he still loves his sister and woud not be happy to see her being offended by pretentious armchair judges from Internet who knows nothing about what is really happening.

In viewing Cristina and knowing that she is one very smart intelligent woman, (I always was under the impression that she wore the pants in the family not the skirt) after all she has a college education which must take intelligence to get, leave no doubt in my mind that she is as guilty as her husband and she will not go to jail and daddy will pay the fine as he has always supported her. And we are all entitled to think and have our own opinions here and elsewhere and nobody has to change those opinions to suit anyone else.

And we are all entitled to think and have our own opinions here and elsewhere and nobody has to change those opinions to suit anyone else.

I never said you should change your opinion, I just said it's ridiculous to pretend you know more than the entire Spanish Judicial System and can make accusations without proof. I also think Infanta Cristina is innocent.

That's my opinion and, as you said, I'm entitled to it. But I already know you don't know how deal with opinions different from yours.

I feel really bad for Felipe and specially Queen Sofia, I hope something so unthoughtful as this doesn't hurt the monarchy in Spain, but I know it's in vain.

I feel the same. I just hope the situation can be resolved soon and that it won't affect Felipe and Letizia's reign or the Spanish Monarchy in general. The Corruption Case has been going on for too long now, as others here have said. I also hope that Inaki and Cristina's children haven't been affected too much by their parent's mess, and that they are able to lead relatively normal lives (or as normal as normal can be in this sort of situation) and that they are having a happy time at school. I've noticed that they have been smiling less recently...

I think the couple moving to Geneva was quite a wise move, as I feel that if they stayed in Spain there would be even more problems - am I correct in thinking that Inaki was voted as Spain's most second hated man once?

I never said you should change your opinion, I just said it's ridiculous to pretend you know more than the entire Spanish Judicial System and can make accusations without proof. I also think Infanta Cristina is innocent.

That's my opinion and, as you said, I'm entitled to it. But I already know you don't know how deal with opinions different from yours.
First I will say I know very little about the Judicial System in Spain, I get my views from all the news paper articles, the videos, the reports by various people around the world and from comments here and from my friends in Spain, I think that should cover it, and I think she is guilty as sin, this woman has had and still has everything handed to her in life, she is one smart intelligent cookie and I think she will throw her hubby under to the bus to survive, she wears the pants so to speak, after all is was raised to be what she is a *royal princess* and sometime royal barks and want everyone in their path to jump, she seems that type to me.

And I don't care what other opinions are, I think it's great that there are so many different opinions as that is great for a open discussion and sometime it gets hot in the kitchen which is the way it should be in kitchens.

I am glad you have your own opinion as I do mine and I will always be the first to say in this world that *I don't know everything, yet I am more then willing to learn and read and grow as I love learning something new each day*......have a great day!

I feel the same. I just hope the situation can be resolved soon and that it won't affect Felipe and Letizia's reign or the Spanish Monarchy in general.

I don't think it will affect them - they have managed to distance themselves from it, and I think most people realize that you can't pick your relatives...

I also hope that Inaki and Cristina's children haven't been affected too much by their parent's mess, and that they are able to lead relatively normal lives (or as normal as normal can be in this sort of situation) and that they are having a happy time at school. I've noticed that they have been smiling less recently...

I think the couple moving to Geneva was quite a wise move, as I feel that if they stayed in Spain there would be even more problems - am I correct in thinking that Inaki was voted as Spain's most second hated man once?

I hope that the kids have some normalcy too - but I just don't see how they have not been damaged by all of this. They were smart to move them out of Spain - returning to Spain was certainly not in the kids' best interests, IMO.

We need to note that the Office of the Public Prosecutor in Palma de Mallorca saw no convincing evidence for the claims laid down against the Infanta Doña Cristina. The first conclusions were that there was no case which could stand before the tribunal. A special action group with the aim "Doña Cristina Must Hang Whatever The Cost" appealed and questioned every possible step taken by the Office of the Public Prosecutor and against two of the three magistrates in the Tribunal of Palma de Mallorca who dared to plea in favour of Doña Cristina... So it is all quite coloured and ideology-driven rather than a "normal" conflict about tax assessments which happens every day in Spain.

If the Spanish Court has dropped the charges, it is done for that charge. Over and finished. No matter what anyone personally thinks, doesn't matter. There will be theories about this decision until the day she dies. No one will ever know what went on behind closed doors and with whom. Done every day in all countries for many reasons. For the sake of her children, I am glad this section is over no matter my personal beliefs.

If the Spanish Court has dropped the charges, it is done for that charge. Over and finished. No matter what anyone personally thinks, doesn't matter. There will be theories about this decision until the day she dies. No one will ever know what went on behind closed doors and with whom. Done every day in all countries for many reasons. For the sake of her children, I am glad this section is over no matter my personal beliefs.

The court dropped the money laundering charges, but the tax evasion charges still stand. Doña Cristina might still stand trial after all. As for Iñaki, he is most likely going to jail.

The court dropped the money laundering charges, but the tax evasion charges still stand. Doña Cristina might still stand trial after all. As for Iñaki, he is most likely going to jail.

The State (the Office of the Public Prosecutor) sees no case which can stand a tribunal and advises against a trial. The Tribunal still has to decide on that but it would be most painful for the Tribunal when it thinks there is a case, makes great hullabaloo by summoning an Infanta de España to Court and seeing the whole case crumbling away because there is no "substance". They will only start a lawsuit if there is a rock hard case with plenty of proof of a direct involvement and/or knowledge.

The State (the Office of the Public Prosecutor) sees no case which can stand a tribunal and advises against a trial. The Tribunal still has to decide on that but it would be most painful for the Tribunal when it thinks there is a case, makes great hullabaloo by summoning an Infanta de España to Court and seeing the whole case crumbling away because there is no "substance". They will only start a lawsuit if there is a rock hard case with plenty of proof of a direct involvement and/or knowledge.

The problem is that some people think Her Royal Highness must be punished for being an Infanta and rich. Her only crime was the horrible choice of husband.

:previous:I don't think most intelligent mature people think like that, she is who she is because of birth, an accident of birth, no more no less. We can chose who our parents are, so she made decisions that will effect her the rest of her life and the lives of her children. Both she and her husband deserve each other.....I honestly don't think that most people care if she is rich or a royal, the fact is that she was in a position to do something good for Spain and didn't. I just don't understand people that have everything in life and then take advantage of others who struggle.....grrrr

The problem is that some people think Her Royal Highness must be punished for being an Infanta and rich. Her only crime was the horrible choice of husband.

Well, all that and the tax evasion charges.....:ermm:

:previous:In my above comment I meant to say* we can't chose our parents when we are born*, sometimes I type to darn fast and the mind doesn't keep up......:lol:

Well, all that and the tax evasion charges.....:ermm:

As Duc said, there is no concrete evidence against Infanta Cristina, but maybe you know somenthing the Spanish Judiciary System doesn't know.

As Duc said, there is no concrete evidence against Infanta Cristina, but maybe you know somenthing the Spanish Judiciary System doesn't know.

Be that as it may, but she is still *charged* with tax-evasion, maybe in the end she will be cleared of these charges, but at the moment the fact is that's not of the hook yet...

Be that as it may, but she is still *charged* with tax-evasion, maybe in the end she will be cleared of these charges, but at the moment the fact is that's not of the hook yet...

Yes, she's charged, not yet proven guilty and can be cleared. Sadly, there are lot of armchair judges blinded by prejudice out there.

Some people are pretentious to the point of thinking they know more than the entire Spanish Judiciary System.

Let me tell you what I do know:

1) I know that prosecutors drop charges for many, many reasons, and not all of them are related to the guilt of the person or lack thereof (even when they state there's not enough evidence)

2) Insufficient evidence is not the same as absolution. There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty, but when the process is so steeped in political machinations, it's hard to not look at that with a jaundiced eye. Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that the judicial system is allowed to operate completely independent of all sorts of pressure.

3) When somebody under oath repeated states they "don't recall," or gives very vague answers.. usually there's something up there. I am speaking from experience here. From my understanding she was even shown receipts of the Harry Potter books she charged and she claimed to know nothing about them. :whistling: Also from my understanding, the judge was exasperated by some of her vague answers.

4) And somehow I just know, that Diego Torres' wife, who also might claim to have trusted her husband, is going to be treated a lot more harshly by the judicial system.

JMHO, of course.

1) I know that prosecutors drop charges for many, many reasons, and not all of them are related to the guilt of the person or lack thereof (even when they state there's not enough evidence)

2) Insufficient evidence is not the same as absolution. There is such a thing as innocent until proven guilty, but when the process is so steeped in political machinations, it's hard to not look at that with a jaundiced eye. Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that the judicial system is allowed to operate completely independent of all sorts of pressure.

3) When somebody under oath repeated states they "don't recall," or gives very vague answers.. usually there's something up there. I am speaking from experience here. From my understanding she was even shown receipts of the Harry Potter books she charged and she claimed to know nothing about them. :whistling: Also from my understanding, the judge was exasperated by some of her vague answers.

4) And somehow I just know, that Diego Torres' wife, who also might claim to have trusted her husband, is going to be treated a lot more harshly by the judicial system.

JMHO, of course.

But, Giraffe, it couldn't be something like politics influencing the decision to let the daughter of the former king off if she really is guilty. Such a thing would never happen.

JMHO, of course.

Extremely well said......:flowers:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom