Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Constantine, who gave the interview on ABC, said he believes that Cristina is innocent.

Anyway, this case must be resolved quickly. This case has already dragged on for a long time and has done a lot of damage.

King Constantine, who gave the interview on ABC, said he believes that Cristina is innocent.

Anyway, this case must be resolved quickly. This case has already dragged on for a long time and has done a lot of damage.

Well, like everyone else, Constantine is certainly entitled to his opinion - but what does he base it on, I'm wondering.

:previous:Since this couple are family, then of course he would say she is innocent. After all this is a royal family and they can do no wrong according to them...........:lol::lol:
Just had to throw that in, I wonder if he thinks he fooled anyone. It is so much easier to just tell the darn truth and you don't have to remember the lies........

Premier Rajoy said that Cristina is innocent too, how would he know :whistling::whistling:

Rajoy is the highest ranking politician in Spain should refrain from commenting on a law case involving the daughter of the King. He can have a personal opinion but imo he should not voice it in public but leave it to the courts of law!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely these people [Premier Rajoy and King Constantine} are as entitled as you, or I, to express a view ?... Their opinion is every bit as valid !

:previous:Yes he is and no one is saying that he can't. After all he is *Family* and what else would one expect him to say, QS sure wouldn't like it if he came out and said the opposite of her daughter. In general most people aren't fooled by his comment, people that keep up with what is going on in the royal circles and follow these royals, well, they can read between the lines.:whistling:

Premier Rajoy said that Cristina is innocent too, how would he know :whistling::whistling:
Maybe she told him.............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or
he read it in the news..........:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
fooled by his comment

Why do you imagine he is trying to 'fool' anyone ? He is just expressing his opinion ! To imply that he is is someway trying to deceive is unjust, and utterly without foundation.

Can we leave all the guilty verdicts for the judge & jury please and not speculate.Any further speculative posts will be deleted without warning.Thanks

Surely these people [Premier Rajoy and King Constantine} are as entitled as you, or I, to express a view ?... Their opinion is every bit as valid !

I just said they are entitled to their opinions - I'd just like to know how they have reached these conclusions.

Well, like everyone else, Constantine is certainly entitled to his opinion - but what does he base it on, I'm wondering.

He's lived off their pittance for decades. Its the least he could do to show off his 'loyalty'

He's lived off their pittance for decades. Its the least he could do to show off his 'loyalty'

Curious, how does one show *Loyalty* if ones knows for sure that someone is lying or is cheating the people? Tell the truth or continue to tell lies?

I haven't followed the case but if Inaki and Cristina will both be found guilty, what's going to happen to their children???? Because they risk the prison right?

I haven't followed the case but if Inaki and Cristina will both be found guilty, what's going to happen to their children???? Because they risk the prison right?

I doubt they'll both go to prison if convicted. But I am sure there are enough Bourbons and Urdangarins to go around to take in the kids. And at the rate the Spanish system works, they may have all turned 18 by the time anyone has to serve a sentence...:lol:

I doubt they'll both go to prison if convicted. But I am sure there are enough Bourbons and Urdangarins to go around to take in the kids. And at the rate the Spanish system works, they may have all turned 18 by the time anyone has to serve a sentence...:lol:

Ha I see...:lol::lol:

For the non-Spanish speakers: the Court of Justice of Palma has confirmed the decision of examining magistrate Mr José Castro not to imput alleged laundring of money towards Mr Iñaki Urdangarín, Mr Diego Torres and Ms Ana María Tejeiro. There is no substantial ground for that claim.

Other claims like embezzlement, fraud, misrepresentation, forgery and crime against the Treasury are still in the examination.

Infanta Doña Cristina is only claimed to have "laundred" money of the NOOS institute by using her spouse's credit card but no charges have been made yet because the examining magistrate first need to build up a strong and secure case which can stand before Court.

So what is next ??

Like in most countries on the Continent, the Spanish system is based on the Code Napoléon. Anyone can approach an examining magistrate and, on presentation of supposed evidence, ask for an official investigation of supposed wrongdoing.

This happened to Iñaki and some others. This happened to Infanta Cristina too. Now the examining magistrate has to investigate if there is a case for prosecution.

The supposed evidence of money laudering has been shoved away by the examining magistrate. Citizens have complained about that at the Palma Court of Justice but the Court has backed the examining magistrate's opinion that there is not enough convincing evidence for a case.

This means that the examination goes furtherer for the other alleged wrongdoings. When the examining magistrate feels there is enough evidence to start a procedure, he will advice the Public Prosecution Office to do so. And if not, he will advice to start no procedure because there is no or not enough or not convincing enough evidence.

:previous:
Thanks for clarification Duc _et_Pair. Now i can understand the couple's situation better.
It's a very long process & such a hard time for the whole family. Hope this issue will not affect the new king Felipe.

No show up from Christina on the picture of Queen Sophia and Elena with the 6 grandchildren.
Was she in Spain or n Geneve ?

No show up from Christina on the picture of Queen Sophia and Elena with the 6 grandchildren.
Was she in Spain or n Geneve ?

I believe Infanta Doña Cristina is there with her children but just did not take part in the photo shoot.

There's no such person as 'Princess Cristina' ,its Infanta Cristina of Spain.

There's no such person as 'Princess Cristina' ,its Infanta Cristina of Spain.

I thought either term was correct, or am I wrong? :flowers:

If you marry in you are only an princess, not an infanta, but an infanta is a princess??

I thought either term was correct, or am I wrong? :flowers:

If you marry in you are only an princess, not an infanta, but an infanta is a princess??

Both of King Juan Carlos daughters and sisters and the youngest daughter of King Felipe VI are all Infantas of Spain.Only Leonor has the title of Princess (of Asturias).Only the heir apparent or heir presumptive bears the title Prince or Princess of Asturias,so Leonor is technically the only Princess in Spain.

The current infantas of Spain (by rank) are:

The Infanta Sofía of Spain
Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Infanta Cristina, Duchess of Palma de Mallorca
Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz,Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Infanta Margarita, Duchess of Soria & 2nd Duchess of Hernani
Infanta Alicia,Dowager Duchess of Calabria

See this thread for further discussion

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/titles-of-the-royal-family-3524.html

Well, it's true that you learn something new every day. Thanks for the info!

Felipe VI presentó a Urdangarin a Gwyneth Paltrow para que hiciera negocios con Nóos - Noticias de Casas Reales

Felipe VI presented to Urdangarin to Gwyneth Paltrow to do business with Noos

In 2007, a year after that the House of the king had ordered Inaki Urdangarin supposedly to dissociate themselves from their business Institute on the Noos, when the then prince Felipe de Borbon put in contact with his brother-actress Gwyneth Paltrow to both do business through the entity lid that stated it is non-profit making.

Felipe VI presentó a Urdangarin a Gwyneth Paltrow para que hiciera negocios con Nóos - Noticias de Casas Reales

Felipe VI presented to Urdangarin to Gwyneth Paltrow to do business with Noos

In 2007, a year after that the House of the king had ordered Inaki Urdangarin supposedly to dissociate themselves from their business Institute on the Noos, when the then prince Felipe de Borbon put in contact with his brother-actress Gwyneth Paltrow to both do business through the entity lid that stated it is non-profit making.

So, exactly what does this mean and will it affect anything in the court proceedings of today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom