Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after a long silence on the court case, the press has chased the judge and asked him when he expected to close it. he said he would like it to finish asap if it were for him, but that there's minimum periods needed between all the declarations.

in the article it is suggested it is possible it will be closed by easter.

since some weeks after cristina declared at court, the press has been in silence (or silenced, we will never know) on the happenings of the case...

Castro: 'Tengo tanto inter?s como el que m?s en terminar la instrucci?n' | Baleares | EL MUNDO

Desestimada la demanda de Urdangarin contra siete medios por sus correos íntimos - Noticias de Casas Reales

Urdangarin loses the trial against seven media for disclosing his private emails (a possible love relationship with the wife of one of his best friends while married to the Infanta Cristina). The charges against the media were dismissed, Inaki has to pay the cost and was labelled careless, finding that his right to privacy was not violated because the messages were sent from a professional computer, accessed by multiple people.
Urdangarin pierde el juicio contra siete medios por divulgar sus correos privados | Política | EL PAÍS

Last edited:
Desestimada la demanda de Urdangarin contra siete medios por sus correos íntimos - Noticias de Casas Reales

Urdangarin loses the trial against seven media for disclosing his private emails (a possible love relationship with the wife of one of his best friends while married to the Infanta Cristina). The charges against the media were dismissed, Inaki has to pay the cost and was labelled careless, finding that his right to privacy was not violated because the messages were sent from a professional computer, accessed by multiple people.
Urdangarin pierde el juicio contra siete medios por divulgar sus correos privados | Política | EL PAÍS

Judge criticizes the son of the King's lack of "zeal" to send "improper post of office"

Thanks Duke

I am no fan of Inaki (in fact I detest the man. He more than any other Spainsh in-law appeared to enjoyed the royal perks, even before teh news of Noos came about. The fact that he was allegedly cheating during that time, takes the cake)

Having said that, I have a problem with the decision. Emails were sent from his work computer (owned by his company), not from a public computer from some internet cafe. If he does not own his emails, then the company does. And emails are company's proprietary and confidential info.

This decision makes me uneasy.

Any why is the judge upbraiding Inaki?

Am I misunderstanding something or shouldn't they Spanish royal family already have money? What's this I hear about Cristina being involved in money laundering crimes? Why?

:ermm:And I have a huge bridge to sell if anyone believes that, why......I am of the firm belief (my opinion only) that there is more to this then what some lawyer says. I worked in the field of law as a paralegal for over a decade and I know how their minds work period, they are all alike.........tell the people anything you want to tell them and they will believe it, only keep the real facts hidden/buried deep so on one can find them. I have seen it and to this day would never trust a lawyer or believe anything out of their mouths.....
JC I am pretty sure took this into consideration when he decided to let go of the throne, he wants to be protected now by the law during the time of his reign only, so to be protected during his time on the throne means he has something to hide, people aren't stupid and can read between the lines.
I wonder what his title will be now that he is no longer king and what he will do, and where he will go? I hope the new King can keep the doors to his office under tight lock and key because this man is no way going to go quietly, only the threat of his secrets being linked will he go away.
As so many have said he did great things in the beginning and then he turned into a man with a huge ego and all went down the drain........hope someday he looks back at the good he did and the bad he did and wonder what the hell happened.....won't want to be in his shoes for all the money in the world.

if Cristina walks Free, People will Look to Felipe and no longer to JC when playing the blame Game who Protected her. As King, he will be drawn into this, Cannot stay Out of it any longer.

Not exactly Duke, Prince Felipe has clearly distanced, and now the situation changes a lot.

While Juan Carlos was king, Infanta Cristina was legal member of the Royal Family. Though she was away from the official activities, she continued to enjoy the privileges and protection of being officially Royal Family.

When her brother becomes King, she will no longer be Royal Family, and will become an ordinary citizen. No privileges, no special protection. The Royal House and the Government are no longer responsible for her.

:previous:Yes your so very right, He will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.......there is no win for him in regards to his father and sister. I really feel for the man, he seems like such a very decent person who truly is devoted to the people and wants to do the right thing for them. He is a very loving husband, and devoted father. If there was some way for the courts to take full responsibility for the decisions regarding her and her husband, then he might be okay. From what I have seen in the media(and who can believe them anymore then lawyers) PL does not like Cristina and her husband and I hope she will continue to keep PF out of this mess. JC has done his son no favors by giving him the throne now, he has left the monarchy in a mess, the problems that he created are still there, the reputation of the monarchy is shattered to pieces and PF now has to put it right.
I sure hope Karma comes back to JC and his daughter big time, they deserve no respect nor sympathy. And it's sad also that JC will be remembered for all the problems not the good that he did in his earlier years, it's what he:sad: did now that will be remembered........

if Cristina walks Free, People will Look to Felipe and no longer to JC when playing the blame Game who Protected her. As King, he will be drawn into this, Cannot stay Out of it any longer.
My comment No. 1450 is in response to your comment above, somehow Lulu got in ahead of me...........lololololo

Not exactly Duke, Prince Felipe has clearly distanced, and now the situation changes a lot.

While Juan Carlos was king, Infanta Cristina was legal member of the Royal Family. Though she was away from the official activities, she continued to enjoy the privileges and protection of being officially Royal Family.

When her brother becomes King, she will no longer be Royal Family, and will become an ordinary citizen. No privileges, no special protection. The Royal House and the Government are no longer responsible for her.

I don't quite understand............she is still in the family whether or not she has the princess/Infanta title. This all happened while PF was crown prince and even though he distanced himself, he is still related to her and that makes them family. I know that PL doesn't like her and won't have anything to do with her, but won't the media and public somehow put some of the blame on him being her brother and now King? I think the general public have short memories, not many read or even know their history, so things in the media are here today and gone tomorrow and the media will always beat a dead horse just to make dollars, so she will always be connected to the royal family. If I'm not making sense let me know..................:ermm:

As soon as King Juan Carlos abdicates, Infanta Cristina will no longer be an official member of the Spanish Royal Family,she will not carry out any duties on behalf of the crown.

She'll go from being the daughter of a King to the sister of a King ,she retains her HRH style and title of Infanta of Spain and Duchess of Palma.The fact that she is not attending her brothers Proclamation Ceremony speaks volumes to me!

Obviously she will always be his sister, that bond is unbreakable. But now he can put more distance than when he was Prince.

The Royal Family is the official, who have an official role, obligations and privileges. While her father was king, Infanta Cristina and her family were part of it. She was not only the king's daughter, but officially she had a role, and his father and the Royal House were responsible for her.

When Felipe becomes king, she will not be Royal Family. She will be a family member, that can not be broken... but officially she will cease to exist.

Until now the palace had to answer for what Cristina did, now they can say that she is not part of the Royal Family, she is an ordinary citizen, and they do not talk about her. The distance that they will mark will be total.

As soon as King Juan Carlos abdicates, Infanta Cristina will no longer be an official member of the Spanish Royal Family,she will not carry out any duties on behalf of the crown.

She'll go from being the daughter of a King to the sister of a King ,she retains her HRH style and title of Infanta of Spain and Duchess of Palma.The fact that she is not attending her brothers Proclamation Ceremony speaks volumes to me!

She still gets to keep her titles; Infanta and Duchess, what about the money situation? Won't the palace and her father and brother continue to pay her, provide her with homes to live in, pay for her children's education and just the general cost of living her lifestyle? Can she be a normal person now and still use her titles, connections and family to get whatever she wants in life?

Obviously she will always be his sister, that bond is unbreakable. But now he can put more distance than when he was Prince.

The Royal Family is the official, who have an official role, obligations and privileges. While her father was king, Infanta Cristina and her family were part of it. She was not only the king's daughter, but officially she had a role, and his father and the Royal House were responsible for her.

When Felipe becomes king, she will not be Royal Family. She will be a family member, that can not be broken... but officially she will cease to exist.

Until now the palace had to answer for what Cristina did, now they can say that she is not part of the Royal Family, she is an ordinary citizen, and they do not talk about her. The distance that they will mark will be total.

I don't understand how she will cease to exist and still be a member of a royal family? What about all the times the families get together and go on vacations, and have the duties of the royal family? What about her sister, won't she be able to still do some of the charity work that she did? And Queen Sophia, she has suffered so much, she surely won't cease to exist will she? She has done wonderful things and is very much beloved by the people from what I read. And now is it just F/L and the 2 little girls that are a royal family? This is all that Spain has in a way of a royal family or is this just the part of the family that the palace takes care of now?
That is huge *cease to exist* sounds so official and in a way sad!

I know that the money that the government gives to the King will now go the KF, yet what about all the other members of the royal family who get money from the king? Who is going pay all the bills of his sisters and mother? Do you think that F will pay for Cristina lifestyle and Elena's? What about his mother? Will the Queen Sophia have to move somewhere else and what about JC, where will he live..........I am under the impression that they don't live together. This family has a lot going on now, way to much for me......I like a simpler life.....more peace and quiet and time for my needlework and sewing.

She will cease to be a member of the Royal House but will obvs still be a member of the Family. As mentioned above, she will not carry out duties for the Royal House, so that means she will not be paid any fees/pay by the government. When her father and mother die, she may well receive some inheritance from their personal wealth.

She keeps her titles, but only that, be Infanta is a birthright and if she does not resign, legally they can not remove that right. Officially she will receive nothing.

Her parents if they wish, can help financially, but with private money. Obviously she can take advantage of her connections and hers family, but that's something no one can avoid.

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia will remain members of the Royal Family, and receiving a salary, houses, secretaries, bodyguards...

Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina have from their marriage independent lives. They have their own houses that are privately owned, and King Juan Carlos has sought them jobs with good salaries. They only received a salary for attending a few events and enjoyed a number of privileges... and this has been declining in recent years. Now, not being members of the Royal Family, they will also have the freedom to do business or invest their money as they want. They will be in the same situation as the sisters of King Juan Carlos.

Last edited:
I don't understand how she will cease to exist and still be a member of a royal family? What about all the times the families get together and go on vacations, and have the duties of the royal family? What about her sister, won't she be able to still do some of the charity work that she did? And Queen Sophia, she has suffered so much, she surely won't cease to exist will she? She has done wonderful things and is very much beloved by the people from what I read. And now is it just F/L and the 2 little girls that are a royal family? This is all that Spain has in a way of a royal family or is this just the part of the family that the palace takes care of now?
That is huge *cease to exist* sounds so official and in a way sad!

I know that the money that the government gives to the King will now go the KF, yet what about all the other members of the royal family who get money from the king? Who is going pay all the bills of his sisters and mother? Do you think that F will pay for Cristina lifestyle and Elena's? What about his mother? Will the Queen Sophia have to move somewhere else and what about JC, where will he live..........I am under the impression that they don't live together. This family has a lot going on now, way to much for me......I like a simpler life.....more peace and quiet and time for my needlework and sewing.
+

To me, this situation might be explained as the difference in the British Royal Family of working for "The Firm" and being a member of the royal family itself. The royals that work for "The Firm" have their expenses and protection covered by The Queen. Family such as Zara and Peter have no dealings whatsoever with "The Firm" and their lives are as private citizens that happen to be related to the royal family.

It looks to me as when Felipe becomes King, if Cristina gets any support from the King or his Royal Family, it will be a transaction of a personal nature between them. Basically it looks like Cristina is going to be on her own from here on in with no "clout" behind her that she once enjoyed. If Felipe decides that he'll distance himself even more from her and her actions, there's not much she'll be able to do about it.

I might have made a mess of it but this is how I'm understanding it right now.

What if the new King Felipe strips Christina and her husband of the duke and duchess title (especially if they are found liable or guilty)? Can that happen?

What if the new King Felipe strips Christina and her husband of the duke and duchess title (especially if they are found liable or guilty)? Can that happen?

I think it's possible to make that happen.

I had no idea - I'll bet Cristina was not happy to hear about the abdication. :lol:

Does she still get bodyguards?

I had no idea - I'll bet Cristina was not happy to hear about the abdication. :lol:

Does she still get bodyguards?

I would imagine that if the bodyguards have been provided by the government that will no longer be available for her. I would imagine all future security would have to be privately funded.

I don't know.

The Sisters of King Juan Carlos have bodyguards?

If Cristina walks Free as a private Person it will Look worse imo. She Remains the sister of the King and the daughter of the Old Kings and Even though she is no Official member of the srf any longer, People will assume that she is still Protected and that the Family has had a hand in her Not being punished. And Felipe is now the Head of this Family.

Yes even in Geneva Infanta Cristina and her family have bodyguards paid by the Spanish government. Will have to be the government who values ​​the real need for such protection, and how long they will keep it.

I think Felipe's position has been clear ... and probably, now that the law allows him agreater distance, it will be more clear. Messages from the palace will be strong and constant to show where they stand, and prevent the case splattering them.

The family tie can not be broken, that's impossible... but the message is clear and they will do their best to pass it to people.

I feel there is some confusion in this thread. The King, and the King alone, is inviolable. The ministers are responsible.

The King's children, as successors to the throne, understandably are under a sort of "spin-off ministerial responsibility" but they are NOT inviolable. They can be investigated, they can be prosecuted, they can be convicted. The King abdicating or not abdicating changes nothing to the position of Infanta Doña Cristina. As we all have seen with our own eyes, the Infanta could already be investigated and heared, while she was a member of the Casa Real. So all stories about Doña Cristina being immune because she is a member of the Casa Real can all be directed to fantasialand.

:flowers:

I don't see much confusion about that, it is clear that Crisitna and Inaki aren't inviolable. Some posters perhaps fear that will be a case of class justice.

About the protection: I don't think protection is a priviledge but a right. As a member of the royal family and sister of the king, Cristina and family (and others) sadly are are surrounded by security risks and despite the couple's financial mess, they & their children still have a right to be kept safe.

Last edited:
Marengo, in 14 hours she will not be part of the Royal Family, therefore the risks are also much lower.

I think that the government will give a transition time, but as she no longer hold any official position, security will be removed in the future. Keeping her bodyguards in Washington and Switzerland has cost good money to the Spaniards.

No official member of the RF indeed, but a member of the royal family nontheless. To kidnap or kill a sister of the king -regardless her official role- is still a possibility for certain terrorist groups or for common criminals. It is up to the spanish state however to calculate the security risks and take appropriate measures. Announcing that she will be unprotected from now on isn't wise from a security perspective, but perhaps a clever political move. Since ETA has been pacified for now I think that the biggest threat has been reduced. I am sure that there will be some security measures around her and her family though, there are other ways to protect people without having them followed by bodyguards the whole day.

In the end Cristina didnt ask to be born as a member of the rf. Being the sister of the king creates some risks. The spanish state has the duty to protect her and her family's safety, no matter what her private behavior has been. And as I said, there are other ways to create some safety, without being followed by bodyguards.In my own country I can't imagine that prince Constantijn or princess Irene get 24h protection either, but there will be some safety measures around them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom