Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why she was smiling to that extent?

It isn't uncommon for nervousness to manifest in 'excessive' smiling..

I just wish people would remember the VERY basis of justice is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

I'm not a native Spanish speaker and I just wanted to double check my understanding. Today's proceedings were to have the Infanta provide her testimony and to allow her to be cross examined by attorneys?

Also news in Finland showed Cristina today. They stressed out that Cristina is handled different than others since she was taken by a car to the door. Some spanish people were interviewed, they said that they don't believe that Cristina will be judged. And what ever happens, the common people in Spain will suffer and have a difficult life in the future too.

I'm not a native Spanish speaker and I just wanted to double check my understanding. Today's proceedings were to have the Infanta provide her testimony and to allow her to be cross examined by attorneys?

not only attorneys, she has been responding to questions from the judge assigned to the case and also, there multiple entities with public prosecutors being represented...........

From the beginning they have been proud, not accepting any mistakes .... and in the end that has led them to not make correct decisions. Iñaki threw himself... and at this point, it is impossible to save him.

Infanta Cristina has a chance using the image of a faithful woman who has blind faith in her husband and that's the tactic they have chosen.

The Infanta's cheshire cat grin was puzzling,I'm sure she's quite relieved to have that day over & done with.Can't help but think what will happen next in this never ending saga!

Inaki, made his mistake but the establishment don't have much of a problem of throwing you under the bus when they feel embarrassed and they're PR's been damaged.

There is a big difference, Iñaki is fully involved in all crimes ... the evidence against Infanta Cristina are much more dubious and not so serious.

For months Cristina and Iñaki were against the Royal House, wanting to do things the way they wanted, because they are proud and they did not want to recognize their mistakes... but was a disaster and they had no choice and decided to seek help.

Iñaki is going to be judged, it is impossible to stop it... there is hope for Cristina. This strategy is the only possible, especially considering that there are 4 small children involved.

We must remember that at this time, thanks to the King, the Infanta Cristina and her family live a golden exile in Switzerland, away from all the fuss and with good money to live or send their children to one of the most exclusive schools in the world.

The Corruption Case was a popular topic on British Radio this morning.

I don't think Cristina should've smiled on her way to court. Most, if not all, other people who are attending court look either worried, nervous, upset or angry; not pleased, happy, smiley and worry-free. I also agree with the Tweet, it did look as if she was on a royal engagement - I had to check the caption twice to see if I was looking at the correct photos!

It would be interesting to see an updated poll of the popularity of the Spanish Royals, I can imagine that Cristina and Inaki would be in the lower numbers. (Wasn't Inaki voted as Spain's most hated man a couple of years ago?)

Cristina even made Yahoo news here in the U.S. which had me astounded.

Will we get good information about what happened in court ?

Are you surprised by this? :cool:

I guess deep down I am surprised. That is her husband that she fought for years ago. The father of her 4 beautiful children. The one she loves with all her heart and she goes and craps on him. Hope judge sees through this if in fact she is "play acting" to keep herself looking like a victim

I guess deep down I am surprised. That is her husband that she fought for years ago. The father of her 4 beautiful children. The one she loves with all her heart and she goes and craps on him. Hope judge sees through this if in fact she is "play acting" to keep herself looking like a victim

Perhaps this is the strategy they agreed together to try and ensure she is with the children.

I am, and this will come as no surprise, an optimist.

Perhaps this is the strategy they agreed together to try and ensure she is with the children.

I am, and this will come as no surprise, an optimist.

I have been wondering this myself. There is far more evidence against him than her. I don't think a judge will buy it, necessarily, but I think she will get off easy.

It isn't uncommon for nervousness to manifest in 'excessive' smiling..

I just wish people would remember the VERY basis of justice is innocent until PROVEN guilty...

Wyevale, two good points. The smiling ... made me remember of so called displacement activities (Substitute activity). For all those interested, check Konrad Lorenz and his theory of instinct.

And the second point can't be repeated too often.

Last edited:
Yes, I am sure that is the Royal Strategy, but it doesn't make is right if she did, in fact, know and approve of all this stealing. Title by birth and money should not put you above the law. Now, if it is proven beyond all doubt that she is innocent of any knowledge, of course she should be cleared. But, if not and she is dismissed, this sword will always be over her head and effect her children all their lives. It is truly a mess. I will never understand their stupid thinking.

Yes, I am sure that is the Royal Strategy, but it doesn't make is right if she did, in fact, know and approve of all this stealing. Title by birth and money should not put you above the law. Now, if it is proven beyond all doubt that she is innocent of any knowledge, of course she should be cleared. But, if not and she is dismissed, this sword will always be over her head and effect her children all their lives. It is truly a mess. I will never understand their stupid thinking.

Absolutely right.
Given the circumstances and the outcome, which is known so far, I am not sure, if she will be able to "proof beyond all doubt" that she is completely innocent. I think, it is too late for that.

With a sentence like "I trusted my husband" - hmmm, does this proofs "innocence"??? I think, not.
But is is the only way to get her "out". So the sword will remain over her head.

The extreme smile was completely exaggerated and not suited for the Situation :eek::sad::ermm:.

Bye Bine

From Wall Street Journal
"We are very happy with the way things went," Miquel Roca, one of the princess's lawyers, said after leaving court Saturday. "It's now clear that she has taken on the questions, without any privilege, just like anybody else would.…After long hours of deposition, everybody must be satisfied."
Virginia López-Negrete, representing one of two private plaintiffs in the case, called the princess's refusal to answer their questions "a slap in the face to millions of Spaniards." The lawyer represents Manos Limpias, or Clean Hands, a small civil-servants union that has driven the case against the couple.
Princess Cristina of Spain Questioned in Fraud Investigation - WSJ.com

Will The Spanish Monarchy Survive Its Royal Drama - Forbes

As lula said, the evidence against Cristina of the kind that would be accepted in court is not clear at all, in contrast to Inaki. She wouldnt be the first person to go free while everybody/common sense is clear about her knowing about everything.

I am fully convinced that Inaki is very involved in the strategy, if he is thrown under a bus then only because there is no other option as to throw him, and he will agree with that. They are trying to get as well out of this as possible, and if Inaki has to go to jail (not a certainty at all if he can buy himself out of this whole issue) while Cristina can be spared, keeping all her privileges, then so be it. I defo see them together as a family long term, continuing to live a very good life.

Somehow I have always had the impression by looking at her pictures and viewing videos that she is the one that wears the pants in that family and that she is the brains behind this...........she will destroy the father of her children to save herself, after all she is her father's daughter and I am sure he taught her well on how to survive. I don't feel sorry of Inaki, not at all, he knew what he was doing and if and I say IF with a huge ? mark goes to jail, he can then sit and wonder what she is doing in wherever she might be and with whom.................Karma is a b.i.t.c.h. and I hope it bites them both.

There cannot be winners in the entire case, just loosers..... and yes, the truth will loose as well......
Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom