Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
375.000 euros was the budget in 2011 that was the first year that they published. In 2007 and 2008 would be similar. With the crisis and Cristina stopped having events theres were cuts.

Queen probably receive more money than the princess and infantas (the king receives twice the prince) ... doing calculations, probably Princess Letizia is the worst paid in respect of the activity she does. It is suspicious that the Royal House refuses to explain how the money is distributed.

Last edited:
:bang: To the people in charge of this web....I feel like I beat my head against the wall when someone thinks it's okay to be a crooked politician or royal and that it's okay to get away with it. I am sorry if I hurt anyone feelings, yet I have to be true to my beliefs that when your in this type of position, you should and must set an example of being honest and having dignity. I realize that know one is perfect but some royals are not meant to be in those positions and some do really jobs for the people, like the royal family of the Netherlands.

SElizabeth, you are indeed entitled to your opinion and beliefs and I for one agree with what you are trying to say. I think you are right in that royals should be in the helping your people mode but not all do unfortunately. There are royals out there that do care about their people but when it comes to the Spanish monarchy, I dont think a good enough job has been done when it comes to being socially responsible. As far as I am concerned JC should not even have been put in the position or given the title of King of Spain. To me he is an imposter and does not deserve his status but, that is only my opinion. I am in the mindset of abolishment. I think Spain would be better off without a monarchy since having one is doing more harm than good and really, there is no need for a monarchy. But again that is my opinion. In other words, everyone on these forums is entitled to their opinion and as long as it is kept within the boundaries of respect and civility, its o.k. to express your thoughts. The moderators are very careful not to allow any insults or attacks. They do their best to judge what is appropriate material or what needs to be deleted. Your thoughts are viewed and taken in and either agreed with or not and commented on. That is the beauty of these forums. The only thing we need to remember is that we all have different views and we all need to respect eachother and be civil. Thanks for sharing your opinion and please continue.

Last edited:
I'm sure that IF and when the people of Spain decide to become a republic, we will hear of it. Until then, surely the Royal family should be accorded their correct names and titles, despite the disapproval of some ?

Absolutely and I would suggest that if members are unsure of whats acceptable and whats not then they should re-read the rules about posting

Posting

Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Posts where members claim to be related to a royal or noble family may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators since we are unable to substantiate such claims.
Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.

I'm sure that IF and when the people of Spain decide to become a republic, we will hear of it. Until then, surely the Royal family should be accorded their correct names and titles, despite the disapproval of some ?
I quite agree with you !:)

Again I will say that I have no respect for the king of Spain nor his daughter, Cristina and her husband. I wasn't brought up to sugar coat bad behavior regardless of who you are or whom you think you are. Being deceitful to people that you are suppose to represent is shameful and brings no trust from the people that your suppose to represent. I am of the mind set with LG that it is time for the people of Spain to get rid of the royal family. Having many friends that live in Spain and have traveled there, I think it will happen sooner rather then later. If PF and his wife become the new royal family and stay true and honest to the people then I would certainly support that. They at least have no connections to the corruption of JC and his daughter. Yes we all have opinions and I respect that..........I am very firm and don't mince words not sugar coat something just to agree with someone to earn points. Life is way to short to be dishonest with one's self and that I am not.

I have a question here. If the Spanish people were fed up and wanted to make a change, what is the system of government? Would they call for an abdication or would they depose the entire royal family? I'm thinking back to the late 30s when King Edward VIII abdicated the British throne. The UK remained a constitutional monarchy and only the King stepped down and was replaced by his younger brother.

Somehow it just doesn't seem right that the Spanish people/government would change their whole process of government because of a few people.

:bang: To the people in charge of this web....I feel like I beat my head against the wall when someone thinks it's okay to be a crooked politician or royal and that it's okay to get away with it. I am sorry if I hurt anyone feelings, yet I have to be true to my beliefs that when your in this type of position, you should and must set an example of being honest and having dignity. I realize that know one is perfect but some royals are not meant to be in those positions and some do really jobs for the people, like the royal family of the Netherlands.

Ever heard of queen Juliana,s husband prince Bernhard?

Ever heard of queen Juliana,s husband prince Bernhard?

I apologize if this is improper, but I greatly dislike Prince Bernhard, mainly because, IMO, Queen Juliana was so magnificent and he blatantly carried on affairs and not very discreetly. Just my two cents:)

Andolini:
Are we allowed to have our 2 cents worth here? I don't like when men cheat on their wives and you could say that comes from personal experience, in this day and age and that was many decades ago, I still don't like cheating spouses regardless of their sex. I think that people in positions of power and trust for the people should do just that, set an example for the people so that trust is built, if it's not there, then there will be problems like I see in Spain. I feel so sorry for the Spanish people as they are a really great country with a wonderful history. Hopefully time will heal all wounds quickly.

I am wondering if anyone saw this article in the Local today?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131029/fake-rental-contract-princess

Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andolini:
Are we allowed to have our 2 cents worth here? I don't like when men cheat on their wives and you could say that comes from personal experience, in this day and age and that was many decades ago, I still don't like cheating spouses regardless of their sex. I think that people in positions of power and trust for the people should do just that, set an example for the people so that trust is built, if it's not there, then there will be problems like I see in Spain. I feel so sorry for the Spanish people as they are a really great country with a wonderful history. Hopefully time will heal all wounds quickly.

Everyone is allowed their own opinions and input into a discussion. That's the beauty of these forums. We come together and discuss various aspects of royalty and, as I've found out in my case, actually learn things that just might change my opinion.

I also abhor infidelity in a marriage myself. Been there, done that, burnt his shorts in the courts. However, I don't believe that should be a sole reason for someone to be removed from a political position or, in this case, removed from being monarch of his country. What happens in their own private family lives should be worked out by them alone. I think what bothered me more is JC's extravagant hunting trip of an endangered species while paying lip service to the WWF. Now that Inaki and Christina are in the picture with all that is going on with their finances, it really doesn't say much for their character either. Even with being a monarch and part of a royal family, they are still answerable to the laws of the land and have to be accountable for their actions.

As far as the King, I think there would have to be something proven by the government that he's done something not in the best interest of the Spanish people to warrant his removal.

I think the key words are "in the best interest of the Spanish people". Inaki and Christina would need to be proven guilty in a court of law before any action would be taken against them and JC could have 15 mistresses but until he is actually accused and convicted of a valid detrimental act against the Crown, I don't see him being asked to abdicate or being removed.

Just my opinion of course and as always.... subject to change. :)

Osipi:
Thank you for your comment, I will own that I will never support any man/woman who is in a position such as JC in being unfaithful to his wife. He is a powerful man in Spain, (have many friends that live in Spain and been there on vacation) and everyone that I have spoken with thinks his daughter and son-in-law will never be brought to task for their actions. I know about protecting one's child from serious problems and that is the very wrong way to do it, I learnt the hard way to let children learn from their mistakes so that they can grow and be responsible adults. I love the people of Spain, I was welcomed with open arms and had the best time of my life.......to me I want to go back and stay there the rest of my life. I don't like what is happening now to the people and some are having a really hard time while he sits in his palace and does what? I don't eat any meat and hate the killing of animals of any kind......so the elephant trip really was a horrible thing to read about. I think in the future nothing will be done as usual and all will go free and that leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths. Even here in the USA where I live, I really get on my soapbox and shout to the papers, write letters and bitch the congress out and have no respect for any of them. My government is filled with crooks, something I learnt in reading about history, am a huge history buff, "All kingdoms, empires, world powers fall to ashes given time when there is corruption and lack of trust by the people"...this will happen to America the way it's headed as it has happened to many royals families in the world, ex: Greece for one.
Sorry I should never get into politics with anyone in any country. I do like many royal families and think some do a great job, Norway is one!

"CHEATING" is an issue only and only for the wife.
If she has no problem then its nobody else's business..

I tend to disagree. If one can cheat on a spouse his attitude would be to certainly cheat on his subjects as he doesn't even know most of them personally. Cheating in marriage denotes a very self-centered personality. When ruling a country, ones citizens and their respect should come first.

I am glad they are continuing to investigate, and it seems more and more things turn up. The people of Spain certainly deserve a full and thorough investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tax-dodging Princess faked rent deal: Report - The Local

Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.

You are allowed post a link to the article but you're not allowed to repost the entire article word for word.I've edited your post and inserted a link to the article in question .

Originally Posted by vkrish

Spot on Vkrish !

I tend to disagree. If one can cheat on a spouse his attitude would be to certainly cheat on his subjects as he doesn't even know most of them personally. Cheating in marriage denotes a very self-centered personality. When ruling a country, ones citizens and their respect should come first.

You can't ever know the state of someone else's marriage. There are some couples who agree to outside relationships and I wouldn't presume to think I know how every other relationship should function.

I am wondering if anyone saw this article in the Local today? http://www.thelocal.es/20131029/fake-rental-contract-princess Am I allowed to print this article here? I am still not sure of everything that is allowed here. This is very sad indeed for the people of Spain, again more corruption when the people really need help just living day to day.

the issue is that this is a common practice if you're self-employed and have a home office. So, I'm sure that the lawyers are going to say that the Princess was just distributing assets as she was "self-employed."

Everyone is allowed their own opinions and input into a discussion. That's the beauty of these forums. We come together and discuss various aspects of royalty and, as I've found out in my case, actually learn things that just might change my opinion.

I also abhor infidelity in a marriage myself. Been there, done that, burnt his shorts in the courts. However, I don't believe that should be a sole reason for someone to be removed from a political position or, in this case, removed from being monarch of his country. What happens in their own private family lives should be worked out by them alone. I think what bothered me more is JC's extravagant hunting trip of an endangered species while paying lip service to the WWF. Now that Inaki and Christina are in the picture with all that is going on with their finances, it really doesn't say much for their character either. Even with being a monarch and part of a royal family, they are still answerable to the laws of the land and have to be accountable for their actions.

As far as the King, I think there would have to be something proven by the government that he's done something not in the best interest of the Spanish people to warrant his removal.

I think the key words are "in the best interest of the Spanish people". Inaki and Christina would need to be proven guilty in a court of law before any action would be taken against them and JC could have 15 mistresses but until he is actually accused and convicted of a valid detrimental act against the Crown, I don't see him being asked to abdicate or being removed.

Just my opinion of course and as always.... subject to change. :)

Thank you. I just am careful now how I word my comments because I have, with absolutely no intention of doing so, offended some in the past so now I am "quasi paranoid" (is that even a phrase?? LOL) about my comments!!! :)

Vkrish:CHEATING" is an issue only and only for the wife.

I beg to disagree as if a person is cheating on their spouse what else would they be doing behind that person's back. This is goes to the *core of their character, cheating* because it shows just how untrustworthy a person really is. Being in this position as king it shows that to me he is very untrustworthy....and it seems that the male species thinks that this is okay. Yes women do cheat also yet I would like to know the numbers of men versus women in these type of positions...not the general population of any country. Your on call/duty and seen 24/7 by the world when your in this position, your life is not yours any more and there is no privacy anymore, so kings, queens, all royals should know to be very careful of their position and what they do. I would not want this for all the money in the world as I love my freedom to come and go as I see fit.

So JC has cheated on his wife and she takes it..........yet that makes him look like the unworthy person on the throne, not her..it makes her look weak and controlled..........very sad state of affairs for both. It also makes one wonder what else he has done behind not just her back by the very backs of the people of Spain and that is HIS fault and responsibility.

So JC has cheated on his wife and she takes it..........yet that makes him look like the unworthy person on the throne, not her..it makes her look weak and controlled..........very sad state of affairs for both. It also makes one wonder what else he has done behind not just her back by the very backs of the people of Spain and that is HIS fault and responsibility.

I keep remembering too that as this is what we, the public, have only been given glimpses of into their lives, we really have no clue as to what their real state of the marriage is. Perhaps they found out long ago that they're really not compatible in marriage and "for Spain" have remained together for just that reason. We really don't know. Without first hand knowledge of this couple's relationship, I really don't feel I'm in a position to judge them.

Many royal marriages in the past have been obtained solely for the purpose of the monarchy and political reasons rather than for an intimate partnership between two people. It wasn't that long ago that it was the norm to have lovers tucked away discreetly somewhere and an united front was put on for the people. It was how it was. Sometimes it even was the royal prerogative to make alliances to fill the coffers.

I think we can safely say that the past actions of JC, Inaki and Christina seem to point at a less than an upfront character. Until we actually are given facts that are proven to be detrimental, we really are in no position to judge yet.

I apologize if this is improper, but I greatly dislike Prince Bernhard, mainly because, IMO, Queen Juliana was so magnificent and he blatantly carried on affairs and not very discreetly. Just my two cents:)

I was referring to his criminal financial dealings.

Can we please get back on topic and discuss the corruption case and not relationships.
Further posts will be deleted.​

Can we please get back on topic and discuss the corruption case and not relationships.
Further posts will be deleted.​

gotta love this. back to corruption we goes. :)

AND. thanks for getting us back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom