Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did actually the King and Queen know about this?? That changes everything IMO

No we don't know and shouldn't speculate unless we have the evidence before us,I'll be removing any further speculative posts .

I think that Felipe and Letizia will come out looking pretty good after all this.They have (as far as I can tell) kept their noses clean, done what is required of them in a professional and discreet manner so I think the public will accept them as the future King and Queen. Letizia seems to be able to read the public mood and dresses in a professional way but not ostentatious way.I wouldn't be surprised if the king abdicates for health reasons though.
I believe the same. I do hope that Felipe and Letizia have kept their noses clean. I do really like them both and would be very sad if it came to light they did know something. A part of me hopes that the King can get his strength back and be a good leader for Spain again, but a part of me hopes that within the next 6-8 months he abdicates.

A part of me hopes that the King can get his strength back and be a good leader for Spain again, but a part of me hopes that within the next 6-8 months he abdicates.

What has his abdication to do with the present case? It is not going to solve anything at all..

Did actually the King and Queen know about this?? That changes everything IMO

Of course they knew. They are several mails from Iñaki that say it.

This is not speculation, is a fact admited by the judge in the judicial decree that has been released today and makes Cristina a suspect, so please, don't delete it.
Judge Castro states that one of the reason for making Cristina a suspect is that since the king knew of the suspects activities of his son in law, he finds hard to believe that he didn't tell his daughter.

You can read about it in page 11:
http://ep00.epimg.net/descargables/2013/04/03/923f6cb0c81431e54800ea707945c3ca.pdf

Reuters is reporting she has been charged as an accomplice.

I wonder what effect all of this has had on their marriage? Are they still together and in love and all of that?

I don`t get this at all, Cristina and Inaki is living a luxury life, and then they do this? How greedy can you be ?? :bang:

It was time that Cristina is at least heard by the judge, like anyone else involved in the case. One can only speculate why it took them so long to take this step.

What will come out of it, who knows. Maybe nothing, like Revenga's hearing, just to finally calm down the public. It's certainly an embarrassment to the monarchy, no question.

Do I feel sorry for anyone? Yes, the children. All adults concerned made their bed and now have to lie in it, they are all to blame for their actions or non-actions.

Zarzuela is 'surprised' about Cristina having to walk in front of a judge on April 27th
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...r-la-imputacion-de-la-infanta-cristina-23696/

Last edited:
Yeah, you can't help but feel bad for the children to see their parents go through.

I'm deeply shocked. I don't know much about the Spanish judical system, so I wonder what is the difference between named a suspect or a witness in case of a questioning by a judge in court? Is this just a fomrality to protect the rights of the Infanta or is it in fact a kind of pre-judgement towards her, based on information the judge already has?

I'm especially sad because I always thought Inaki and Cristina represented the Catalan side of the Royal family (and thus: of Spain) which is so important in an Europe of regions. If found guilty, they should be stripped of their dukedom of Palma de Mallorca!

Have either of them actually been charged? I thought Inaki was basically still in the discovery stage, not yet on trial?

No..none of them have been charged. Inaki was questioned a couple of weeks ago..Its Christina's turn this 27th..

I think is the what was suppose to happen, she appears not only in papers, she was the VOCAL of the company... I just think that if they (RF) want to continue with the monarchy a big head must go to jail o pay for this matter, bust not just they...

:previous: God these are hilarious..:). The last one is ultimate..Poor entire family has to take the brunt..

Of course they knew. They are several mails from Iñaki that say it.

This is not speculation, is a fact admited by the judge in the judicial decree that has been released today and makes Cristina a suspect, so please, don't delete it.
Judge Castro states that one of the reason for making Cristina a suspect is that since the king knew of the suspects activities of his son in law, he finds hard to believe that he didn't tell his daughter.

You can read about it in page 11:
http://ep00.epimg.net/descargables/2013/04/03/923f6cb0c81431e54800ea707945c3ca.pdf

So, I read the pages you indicate and it seems to me that this judge is (1) a terrible legal writer and (2) out to get to the bottom of what the King knows. But he doesn't have the evidence yet.

The idea that the other royals were completely in the dark seems to me to be fanciful. I still cannot understand how the King and Queen did not pause when Inaki and Cristina bought a €6 million house in Barcelona in 2004? Surely the King will have had a decent idea of the financial standing of his daughter and her husband. The fact that they could suddenly buy such a mansion out of seemingly nowhere, must have set alarm bells ringing. From what I can see, the purchase surprised the Spanish press, who commented on it at the time.

They either knew something was not quite right but chose to stick their heads in the sand, or they are quite shockingly thick.

For me, this scandal was bad enough when it was just about Inaki. He's an outsider, not part of the royal sphere. When a princess is brought into this, a princess with two very royal parents let's not forget, it's a different thing entirely. Inaki could have been brushed off as someone who didn't 'get' what being royal in a constitutional monarchy in the 21st century means. The same cannot be said for the daughter of the King.

The King MUST tell her and Iñaki to "take a hike" (a nicer term for what he should really say) to save himself and the monarchy. Sick and embarrassing.

Why not wait until Cristina has seen the judge?

If it is as obvious as the majorityof posters are saying, why hasn't Inaki been prosecuted?

Frankly, a fair "trial" is now impossible because apparently he's guilty anyway. I say this assuming trial by jury but maybe in Spain it's different.

Can somebody get me a cup of tea, please? :tea:
For the shake of my mental health, I´ve just decided to lye down on my sofa, in front of my laptop and watching the fall of the Spanish Monarchy as if it was a movie.

What else can happen now?

I really, really hope that Cristina will renounce to her succession rights before the 27th.

And I hope as well the King will announce his abdication in less than a year. I can´t see the Crown surviving any longer (not sure if it will even if he does :whistling:).

Can somebody get me a cup of tea, please? :tea:
For the shake of my mental health, I´ve just decided to lye down on my sofa, in front of my laptop and watching the fall of the Spanish Monarchy as if it was a movie.

What else can happen now?

I really, really hope that Cristina will renounce to her succession rights before the 27th.

And I hope as well the King will announce his abdication in less than a year. I can´t see the Crown surviving any longer (not sure if it will even if he does :whistling:).

Ugh. It's just so sad to see.

And in reference to the whole court thing: the court of public opinion is the only one that matters for the monarchy. The monarchy may not survive by time a court decision is handed down. So the King MUST take action of some sort to save himself and the rest of the family.

I dont see this as the end of the Monarchy. That is a knee jerk reaction to an immediate problem. Before that is considered, what is the alternative? And what is the cost of that alternative? A President? A figure head president? A former politician perhaps? I thought that there were also issues in Spain about how badly the politicians have handled the economy as they are the ones with the power.

It's a bumpy ride but it's manageable. A JC must stand firm, and be seen as being strong and support the rule of law. Abdication will be seen as an indication of a corrupt monarchy and even Felipe will not survive that. HE needs to be seen to be working with Felipe on promoting and helping Spain.

And if he has to choose between Cristina and Spain - I'd say, no contest.

I don't see this as the end of the Monarchy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom