Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Associated Press Twitter

BREAKING: Spanish court names king's daughter Princess Cristina as suspect in corruption case

That's all I can find at the moment

From Associated Press Twitter

BREAKING: Spanish court names king's daughter Princess Cristina as suspect in corruption case

That's all I can find at the moment

This is just going to keep getting uglier

Princess Christina to be called FOR QUESTIONING IN COURT ON APRIL 27th...

Is there any chance that other royals could be implicated?

Inaki Urdangarin Scandal: Infanta Cristina officially named a suspect
Infanta Cristina – the younger daughter of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain – has officially been named a suspect in the corruption case of her husband, Inaki Urdangarin. She now has to testify at the courthouse in Palma de Mallorca on April 27. Judge Jose Castro, who presides over the case, was quoted saying the Infanta was imputed as co-owner of Aizoon – a company that directly benefited from Inaki’s fraudulent actions. Interestingly, naming Cristina a suspect was the judge’s decision, and not a petition from the prosecution.
The article on the latest mails released by Torres -Inaki Urdangarin Scandal: New evidence suggests Infanta Cristina might have known of illegal activities.
The (constantly updated) article on the corruption case, with a handy timeline of events - Inaki Urdangarin Corruption Case: Will the Borbons survive?

Last edited:
Oh I agree,I'd can't imagine that this is doing the King's recovery any good!
And how ironic the judge used King Juan Carlos's words from his Christmas address to impute his daughter?

I wish I could say it couldn't be worse for Inaki and Cristina, but unfortunately it can and probably will get much worse. They have already lost, no matter what the judge's eventual decision is. The public found them guilty - and deservingly so.

And how ironic the judge used King Juan Carlos's words from his Christmas address to impute his daughter?

I wish I could say it couldn't be worse for Inaki and Cristina, but unfortunately it can and probably will get much worse. They have already lost, no matter what the judge's eventual decision is. The public found them guilty - and deservingly so.

Indeed,this is very serious for the Royal Family,an Infanta imputed to answer question regarding a corruption case during one of the worst economic downturns in Spain,you couldn't make this up!

Ok now lets start digging things up..
Can someone tell, till now (in modern age) how many "core royals" were called to court for questioning in corruption/still worse crimes?
I know Princess Royal was called for dog-biting and speeding and was duly "punished"..
Anything else? "Real" cases?
Did things go much worse anywhere else?
And one more thing, dont you think its a bit "overboard" for the judge to go ahead and call her, without the prosecution seeking it..

Last edited:
Lets not and we'll all try and stick to facts as they present themselves.

Sorry I used the wrong expression..
But can I know whether any royal (other than Princess Royal) was called for questioning in the court before, in recent modern times, and things turned as much serious?

Ok now lets start digging things up..
Can someone tell, till now (in modern age) how many "core royals" were called to court for questioning in corruption/still worse crimes?
I know Princess Royal was called for dog-biting and speeding and was duly "punished"..
Anything else? "Real" cases?
Did things go much worse anywhere else?
And one more thing, dont you think its a bit "overboard" for the judge to go ahead and call her, without the prosecution seeking it..

The most notorious serial offender is probably Vittorio Emanuele di Savoi, pretender to the Italian Throne. Compared to him, Inaki and Cristina are saints. Among other things, Vittorio Emanuele has been accused of murder (later changed to unintentional homicide), corruption, recruitment of prostitutes, assault (he punched Amedeo, Duke of Aosta - a fellow pretender to the Throne of Italy, causing the latter to fall off the stairs and causing injuries, including a broken nose).

As for your second question, I do not think for a second the judge went "overboard" by calling Cristin. On the contrary, it is puzzling why the persecution never sought imputing her, considering the weight of evidence. The law is and should be equal for all - as the King and Judge Castro said.

Last edited:
Ouch! If this continues, you can put this board soon under non-reigning Houses :ninja:
I feel so bad for the rest of the family, especially Felipe. :bang:

They are married and has a couple she should know everything her husband does... so to me it is not a surprise that she is also involved or that she knew about everything...the court has done the right thing to call her, she should be treated has any other ordinary person.
Lets wait and see...I feel sorry only for the kids, trully I'am really sorry for them...the adults know how to handle this things...:sad:

Sorry I used the wrong expression..
But can I know whether any royal (other than Princess Royal) was called for questioning in the court before, in recent modern times, and things turned as much serious?

That's no problem,I'm sure if you do a search on the net you'll find what your looking for,in the meantime we won't go off topic here ;)

Caso Nos: La Infanta Cristina, imputada | elmundo.es

i'm happy the infanta is called to declare. the evidence was, as the name says, evident. not calling her would be laughing in the face of the spaniards.

i hope, after all the amount of resources this case has used, that a reasonable punishment will arrive if they are found guilty.

I think that Felipe and Letizia will come out looking pretty good after all this.They have (as far as I can tell) kept their noses clean, done what is required of them in a professional and discreet manner so I think the public will accept them as the future King and Queen. Letizia seems to be able to read the public mood and dresses in a professional way but not ostentatious way.I wouldn't be surprised if the king abdicates for health reasons though.

Ouch! If this continues, you can put this board soon under non-reigning Houses :ninja:
I feel so bad for the rest of the family, especially Felipe. :bang:

I don't feel sorry for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a mess and it's definitely not bettering the already vulnerable Spanish monarchy. I hope it wont effect the way the public view Elena and Felipe (and Letizia). I don't think that they should be held accountant for their sister and brother-in-law's (and father's for that matter, but that's a different topic) actions.

I only fell sorry for the little ones...hope they can get over this and be happy...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Associated Press:
6:55am - 3 Apr 13

I don't feel sorry for anyone. The king and they queen are specially to blame. They both know what was happening and protected the couple. The queen mistress made business with Iñaki. The queen is separated from the king and liives travelling around the world with the spaniard's money and has been supporting them this whole time...
The king has a secret account in Switzeland and doesn't pay taxes, he goes hunting elephants in secret...

Elena and Felipe they all knew what was happening.

I don't know of a single reason to feel sorry about any of them. Maybe because is the money from my taxes they are stealing...

Did actually the King and Queen know about this?? That changes everything IMO

Does anyone know what exactly is there in those e-mails..
I mean where they directly to or from Christina, with mention of the diverting of funds?
Or were they exchanged between others with contents indicating that Christina is aware (or even told) of these diversions?

Elena and Felipe they all knew what was happening.The king and they queen are specially to blame. They both know what was happening and protected the couple..

Once you start thinking about these, there is no end to questioning/speculating.. We can go on saying..
Wife will know what husband is doing..
Siblings will know what sister is doing..
Father will know what kids are doing..
The first scenario is OK but lets leave Elena, Felipe, and Their Majesties out of this for good.
They would have perfectly known what happend (or was happening), but they neither encouraged or promoted it. They cant be responsible for morality of these two grown-ups..

You just cant expect The King to go to police station and say my son-in-law and daughter are frauds. Arrest them. Be realistic. Nothing such perfect exists or is expected in this world.
They tried to get rid of the couple from the scene and packed them off hoping it will end for good (We dont know how much strength the King needed to throw out his very popular daughter from the scene and rehabilitate them somewhere...Thats the best he could do.
Unfortunately bad times brought the hell for everybody..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom