Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the scandal continues growing :bang:

Diego Torres former partner of Inaki Urdangarin in Noos has delivered new emails to the judge.

In one of them, an employee talks to Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein, who was invited to a forum of Noos in 2004.

Torres implica a Corinna en los Forum de Nos que investiga la justicia | España | elmundo.es

What more is to come?

Spain's King Juan Carlos facing embarrassment over emails - Telegraph

The linking of two royal intrigues has intensified public interest and speculation over what more could be revealed in the 200 emails Torres has threatened to unleash against the Bourbons to avoid being made a scapegoat.

Last edited:
Duke, that information is incorrect.

The Attorney General said the other day in an interview that the trial may not start until next year.

What the judge is going to announce is the civil bail (which must provide for the money defrauded). Iñaki could also be called to testify again, for the new offense of tax evasion.

I was thinking that alright Lula,also incorrect in that article is the Duke of Palma being based in Washington!

Duke, that information is incorrect.

The Attorney General said the other day in an interview that the trial may not start until next year.

What the judge is going to announce is the civil bail (which must provide for the money defrauded). Iñaki could also be called to testify again, for the new offense of tax evasion.

Thanks lula, maybe it was wishful thinking, I cant imagine this whole topic being dragged along for another year!

The Balearic Anticorruption Prosecutor has requested today that Inaki Urdangarin and his former partner Diego Torres testify again before the Court of Instruction No. 3 of Palma, based on new data from the case investigating the alleged diversion of public funds to the Institute Nóos.

A tax report included in the case Nóos attributed to Iñaki Urdangarin and Diego Torres an alleged tax fraud of at least 470,000 euros in corporate taxes and personal income tax in 2007 and 2008.

La Fiscala pide que vuelvan a declarar Iaki Urdangarn y Diego Torres - ABC.es

They are not rushing this through - a very thorough investigation. If the judiciary wanted to help the monarchy, this would be sped up, but it's not.

I hope this is a very thorough, and very objective process. If it takes another year or so, so be it (although I too would like to see resolution).

The stress on the innocents in the SRF must be enormous (and upon anyone a little less than innocent too.... :whistling:), but that would be their problem.

the monarchy is only helped by a very thorough investigation, anything sped up would cause an outrage.

They are not rushing this through - a very thorough investigation. If the judiciary wanted to help the monarchy, this would be sped up, but it's not.
I hope this is a very thorough, and very objective process. If it takes another year or so, so be it (although I too would like to see resolution).

The stress on the innocents in the SRF must be enormous (and upon anyone a little less than innocent too.... :whistling:), but that would be their problem.

casa real is being dragged more and more in the Inaki scandal, its getting uglier by the day:

El «caso Urdangarín» salpica a la Casa Real - La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias

Diego Torres, Inakis former partner, is blackmailing the monarchy with his emails indicating the deeper involement of casareal, especially the key figure of Carlos Garcia Revenga, the secretary of Elena and Cristina, at the same time the treasurer of Noos and still holding his position at casareal, protected by the King who is protecting his daughter.

Its only speculation but it seems evident that Revenga knows a lot of what has been going on, same goes for Cristina, yet both are not being questioned by the authorities. The King has immunity but doesnt do himself any favours by protecting those protagonists of the scandal.

JC is walking on a thin rope, I wonder for how much longer he will get away with his strategy.

Before or after Garcia Revenga had to appear in the investigation. He has been years the right hand of the infantas and was treasurer of Noos.

Revenga has always had a role a little strange, more personal than professional... and that is a danger, because maybe instead of defending the Royal House, has defended the infantas or his own interests.

Carlos Garcia Revenga... the secretary of the infantas and protector of all secrets......

Sounds a bit like a character in a Dan Brown novel. The whole thing's starting to sound a bit like a Dan Brown novel. Why do I picture Revenga dressed up like a monk at the Vatican? :ermm:

I think it is the last postings that make it sound like a dan brown novel
@DukeoM: blackmail is a criminal offense, perhaps you mean something different
@lula: "Revenga has always had a role a little strange, more personal than professional" who says his relationship is more personal than professional and that does not mean there is anything unethical or worse happening

King of Spain faces fresh embarrassment

I see now where the word blackmail is about, the judges can never give in to it so the emails will be released I guess.

quote:
The documents are currently in the hands of Diego Torres, former business partner and alleged co-conspirator in the on-going case of the Kings son-in-law Inaki Urdangarin.
In what has been called ‘public blackmail’, Torres has said he will release the 200 emails unless prosecutors spare him jail for the embezzlement charges he faces.
end quote.

It doesn't look good Maria-Olivia,I shudder to think what's around the corner for the Borbóns :sad:

Yeah, but it makes for the most interesting thread in the entire forum. Much more fun than watching Kate Middleton head to Starbucks for a cookie.

And, hey, they brought it on themselves. I'm just hoping Letizia and Felipe, they good guys are left standing at the end of the day. And any other good guys as well.

I have to say I feel sorry for Queen Sofia, being stuck in this mess. It must be hard carrying out her duties with a smile on her face when everything is crumbling around her. Hopefully the Asturias are completely clean, that must be her only comfort right now...

And, hey, they brought it on themselves.

Totally agree. Right now, I can´t say I´ll be very sorry if Spanish people get tired and they kick out the monarchy. I like Felipe, Letizia and the Queen, and even after all the scandals I have some respect for the King for his labour during all these years, but the whole thing is too messy to be ignored, honestly.
They should have known better, all them.

Its a powerful gesture by casareal distancing themselves from Inaki, however, technically he remains a member of the SRF as long as he is married to Cristina and he is still bearing the title Duke of Palma. They claim its because of the longer planned strenghening of the core family, strictly dividing family and institution ... dont you believe it!

http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...eb-de-casa-real-para-marcar-distancias-22607/

People will still associate Inaki with casareal and at least I think this comes far too late and will only be seen as casareal trying deflect from their own involvement (King, Cristina) because these days its getting too hot in the kitchen.

I am curious if this action was only sanctioned by the King and what the rest of the family will think of it (apart from the Asturias of course). How long will it take until Sofia will be undermining this stragety and be seen in public with the Urdangarin family.

Last edited:
I feel most sorry for all of the king's grandchildren. I'm sure behind the scenes the tension can be cut with a knife around this subject. Plus, for four of them, it's their father who's in the thick of it, and then they go to school and face their peers and the parents of the peers, they look at the media. Cristina's older two are old enough and their peers are old enough to know what is going on. That's a very rough deal for two teen/pre-teen boys.

Duke of Marmalade, I agree with you. But just for clarify some facts: Iñaki can´t be denied the title of Duke of Palma because he isn´t Duke of Palma. The title belongs to Cristina, he uses it as his consort, but technically he isn´t and can´t be labelled as "Duke of Palma" for himself. So it´s Cristina who should stop being Duchess of Palma, something unlikely to happen IMO unless she is imputed on the trial (and I fear that isn´t going to happen any time soon).
And whatever happens, she won´t stop being Infanta of Spain, because that´s a title that is granted at the time of the birth and you keep it lifetime.
So I think that appart him from the official events and from the "official" Royal Family is as far as they can get.

GracieGiraffe, the kids are the worst part of this story. I really feel sorry for them, that´s a thing they will have to deal with all their lifes. I can imagine it´s no fun that someone call your father a thief. When I see pictures of the eldest one, he totally breaks my heart, he looks so sad nowadays
He´s old enough to understand what´s going on. And his classmates and friends are old enough as well to make some hurting comments. It´s just so sad for me, those kids are delighful, and whatever their parents have done, it´s certainly not their fault

Last edited by a moderator:
GracieGiraffe, the kids are the worst part of this story. I really feel sorry for them, that´s a thing they will have to deal with all their lifes. I can imagine it´s no fun that someone call your father a thief. When I see pictures of the eldest one, he totally breaks my heart, he looks so sad nowadays
He´s old enough to understand what´s going on. And his classmates and friends are old enough as well to make some hurting comments. It´s just so sad for me, those kids are delighful, and whatever their parents have done, it´s certainly not their fault

Absolutely agree the Palma kids are stuck right bang in the middle of all this,they never asked to be ostracised from the core family and having to live in Washington DC for 3-4 years.

I feel very sorry for them and the Queen who's heart must be broken!

Absolutely agree the Palma kids are stuck right bang in the middle of all this,they never asked to be ostracised from the core family and having to live in Washington DC for 3-4 years.

I feel very sorry for them and the Queen who's heart must be broken!
Perhaps their stay in Washing DC was a respite from their life in the spotlight. The family will perhaps look back at the stay overseas with lots of great memories. They could move around freely without anyone pestering them. Most children that have had a chance to go to school in another country have gained new friends and a different perspective on their own lives. I would not look at their stay in DC as ...having to live...

I am curious if this action was only sanctioned by the King and what the rest of the family will think of it (apart from the Asturias of course). How long will it take until Sofia will be undermining this stragety and be seen in public with the Urdangarin family.
I certainly hope the Queen will be seen in public with the Urdangarin family. No matter what happens in the legal case they are still family. If the Queen is going to pretend that the Urdangarin family can only be seen behind closed doors then the Spanish royal family is disturbingly dysfunctional. To maintain close family ties is even more crucial in times like these and it does not mean that anyones illegal actions are condoned.

Besides, it appears it is only the co-defendent that has threatened with making emails public. I would guess Inaki has behind the scene documents as well. The King may be advised to not be too harsh on his son-in-law. His daughter is being kept out of this mess but that is starting to seem very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom