Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who understand Spanish... We have just watched on TV in Spain a special program about Iñaki.
You'll find it here

http://www.lasexta.com

The program is called "laSexta Columna" and they've done a special program about Iñaki. You can not watch it right now, I've tried and it's not available yet... Maybe tomorrow!

Nothing like a criminal scandal to start the hair turning grey, Inaki looks "worse for wear" in these pics, IMO!

Nothing like a criminal scandal to start the hair turning grey, Inaki looks "worse for wear" in these pics, IMO!

He's had that grey/white streak in his hair for many years now,but he does look very tired.

Inaki Urdangarin, the husband of Princess Cristina, and his lawyer Mario Pascual Vives arrive at the courthouse of Palma de Mallorca to give evidence during the 'Palma Arena trial' on February 25, 2012 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain. The son-in-law of King Juan Carlos of Spain, Inaki Urdangarin, Duke of Palma will testify in court over allegations that he misused millions of euros of public funds, allocated to organise sports and tourism events, during his time a chairman of a non-profit foundation from 2004 to 2006. Public prosecutors suspect the non-profit foundation named 'Instituo Noos', headed by Urdangarin, of siphoning away funds from public contracts awarded to companies run by Urdangarin and his business partners

Getty Images - Buscar: ESP: Inaki Urdangarin To Testify in Spanish Fraud Inquiry

He's had that grey/white streak in his hair for many years now,but he does look very tired.

Yes, he looks pretty haggard and tired. I doubt that he or Cristina had much sleep last night.

I imagine that Juan Carlos and family are watching these scenes on television. They will not be happy. :ohmy:

No I can't imagine there's much happiness at the moment!

I think Iñaki has had courage because he could have arrived to the Court's door by car and he did it walking... The journalists said they have been for sure the longest and hardest 35 metres of his life...
When he was talking to the media I thought his voice and the way he speaks remind me a lot Prince Felipe's.
I thought the declaration wouldn't last for so long... They say it's going to take the whole weekend...
Amongst the demonstrators, there were not only anti-monarchists (in fact, I think anti-monarchists have been very opportunistic this time...) I think most of the demonstrators were just people fed up with corruption cases...

Judge and police authorized him to enter car to the courts, but he has decided to walk it and speak with journalists.

Judge and police authorized him to enter car to the courts, but he has decided to walk it and speak with journalists.

The actions of an innocent man, walking in with his head held high OR a defiant and arrogant one. ?? :ermm:

I look forward to reading about Inaki's testimony and what the investigation has come across. I have a hard time believing that he is as corrupted as he has been made out to be. I doubt he is totally innocent but he may also be the "deep pocket" in this affair.

The actions of an innocent man, walking in with his head held high OR a defiant and arrogant one. ?? :ermm:

Breffney, my opinion is that he didn't look defiant or arrogant. I just saw a man who was trying to keep his dignity, that's all... Today, he looked better with a slight smile in his face...

I've started reading about his declaration (what the newspapers publish today) and I've read things that I don't like. He seems to deny his responsability in the management of the institute Noos and other enterprises. Now he says it was his partner who did all the bussiness, the responsible one in the administration...
He saw his account increasing with millions of euros and he never suspected about anything? Come on...
I think he is as responsible as his partner and he knew what was happening or at least, he had had to suspect something wrong was happening. In 2006, when the King asked him for stopping his bussineses, if what he claims now was true he would have stopped receiving money from these bussinesses and he didn't.
For me, someone who tries to defend his own honor by destroying someone else's one (his former partner and friend)... well, it doesn't make me feel very confident...

I've started reading about his declaration (what the newspapers publish today) and I've read things that I don't like. He seems to deny his responsability in the management of the institute Noos and other enterprises. Now he says it was his partner who did all the bussiness, the responsible one in the administration...
He saw his account increasing with millions of euros and he never suspected about anything? Come on...
I think he is as responsible as his partner and he knew what was happening or at least, he had had to suspect something wrong was happening. In 2006, when the King asked him for stopping his bussineses, if what he claims now was true he would have stopped receiving money from these bussinesses and he didn't.
For me, someone who tries to defend his own honor by destroying someone else's one (his former partner and friend)... well, it doesn't make me feel very confident...

Agree 100%
People are tired of corrupt public figures abusing power and pocketing money. Whether Inaki is guilty IN COURT or not (he certainly is morally or ethically guilty since he used public funds for private gain). Everybody knows: Money doesnt grow on trees.

Its a lose-lose situation for Inaki and the SRF: If he goes to jail, well, what can I say. If he doesnt people will say he got away because of who he is.

And just a thought to all those who believe that we could all be wrong since a person is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around:
Possible but then casareal and the King jumped on the same bandwaggon as the media: They cut Inaki from all representation duties and said that HIS BEHAVIOUR WAS LESS THAN EXEMPLARY. Instead of "everybody is equal for the law" the King's Xmas statement could have been "innocent until proven guilty". But it wasnt. Why is Inaki not innocent before he is proven guilty for casareal? Because they know more than we do.

Even if he is not guilty in court I am dead sure we have already seen the last of the Palma couple on official SRF events.

Maybe it won't be such "lose" on SRF's case if he goes to jail: Yes, he is guilty and see, he is being treated like every other citizen. No preference or slack-cutting. SRF did act comperitively swiftly when cutting him off. (yes, they could have done it or prevented this years ago, but what's done is done now) It may even be seen as sharing the joint "fed-up"ness of the common folk with corupt business men.
Every family has black sheep right?
It will probably take a big pr stunt to clear this whole meshugana up, but Inaki is "just" the husband of the youngest daughter of the king. Neither he nor his children will be head of state. (knock wood)

It sounds pretty nasty indeed. Also, surely, when he saw his account increasing with all these millions the natural tendency would be to think / ask , "how", "why" is my account suddenly getting so rich. ?

What will the SRF do during this investigation? Have they cancelled engagements or were there any scheduled to begin with? Just wondering if they will stay out of sight while this is going on.

Last edited:
What with the SRF do during this investigation? Have they cancelled engagements or were there any scheduled to begin with? Just wondering if they will stay out of sight while this is going on.

According to the calendar, family still seem to have events.

Breffney, my opinion is that he didn't look defiant or arrogant. I just saw a man who was trying to keep his dignity, that's all... Today, he looked better with a slight smile in his face...

I agree with you. I wonder if that's what his attorneys told him to say. That's about the only way he can claim his 'innocence' back by saying 'I don't know', 'I don't remember', blaming everything on his partner and former co-workers :lol:. However it might come back to bite him hard for lying in front of the judge and prosecutor if his partner and co-workers can prove otherwise.

I agree with you. I wonder if that's what his attorneys told him to say. That's about the only way he can claim his 'innocence' back by saying 'I don't know', 'I don't remember', blaming everything on his partner and former co-workers :lol:. However it might come back to bite him hard for lying in front of the judge and prosecutor if his partner and co-workers can prove otherwise.
Is there an assumption that he is lying and his business partners are telling the truth?

I've been reading that now declaration of Iñaki will be sent to his business associate, if his business associate says it is true, Iñaki would be innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom