Iñaki, Cristina and the NOOS Corruption Investigation Part 1 (2011-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true that you can't know about criminal activity from pictures, but I do think you can tell when the royal personages we follow are happy or unhappy. I remember thinking "something's wrong" looking at the photos of then-Princess Alexandra of Denmark and Prince Joachim months before their separation was announced. Even consummate professionals have a hard time looking truly happy when they are not.

Cristina and Inaki were so happy when they were first married, right up until about the birth of Irene, or maybe a year after that. Since then I've wondered, is Cristina just aging, or is there some reason she looks different to me?

When you look at a picture, you can see a smiling person or an unhappy face, but you dont know why someone is showing an emotion. The example that ive read the other day was people telling that cristina and felipe were not longer close like they were in the past because she didnt like letizia, now people says it was because of Inaki. People arrive at a conclusions that sometimes is true and most of the time it isnt. It is true that for many people their body language speaks louder than words, but royals most of the time have learned to act appropiately for the occasions and that implies hiding their emotions and showing their best face. When they are unable they dont participate, Princess Masako is the best example.

Classic abuse of position and power, IMO, which is a sad occurrence always, but all too common today unfortunately.

It is sad but he's innocent until proven guilty in my book.

I really feel sorry for the Palma's 4 children with all of this going on :sad:

Sadly, I think its a done deal.

Elena's separation was only announced when it was clear that there was NO WAY of reconciliation, otherwise casareal wouldnt have done it.

In the same way, if there was ANY CHANCE that Inaki wasnt guilty, casareal wouldnt have reacted in the harsh way they did, ousting Inaki (and Cristina without mentioning her) from any royal activity. They would have said instead, innocent until proven guilty, but they didnt. I would be surprised if we would see the Palmas again at an official event, ever.

Sadly, I think its a done deal.

Elena's separation was only announced when it was clear that there was NO WAY of reconciliation, otherwise casareal wouldnt have done it.

In the same way, if there was ANY CHANCE that Inaki wasnt guilty, casareal wouldnt have reacted in the harsh way they did, ousting Inaki (and Cristina without mentioning her) from any royal activity. They would have said instead, innocent until proven guilty, but they didnt. I would be surprised if we would see the Palmas again at an official event, ever.

If thats the case its their children who are the real victims in all of this,very sad situation for them to be in.

Cristina & Inaki were once one of my favourite royal couples!

I was / am in a quandary as how to read the removal of Inaki from royal duties.

Continuing to represent the Spanish Royal Family demonstrates that the RF is fully behind and believes that Inaki is innocent OR it puts a question mark over the RF as well.

Stepping down from official duties suggests that Inaki didn't want to be in the limelight and a further embarrassment to the RF while the investigation is on-going OR it can suggest that the RF has doubts and doesn't want Inaki to represent it.

My opinion is that if Casa Real believed Iñaki is completely innocent, they wouldn't have stepped him down from his official duties or at least, the family would have celebrated Christmas together... The whole reaction of Casa Real, in my opinion, shows that probably they think there are traces that suggest Iñaki's behaviour was not exactly exemplary (in other words, that he CAN be guilty).
Some of you think that Prince Felipe knew about Iñaki's businesses and that's the reason why the relationship between them is now worse... I really don't know. But for me, the relationship between Felipe and Iñaki was exemplary, they seemed to have a great relationship, until Felipe married Letizia. Here, in Spain, we've always heard that the Infantas (specially Cristina) never liked Letizia. I think the relationship was already bad between them before Iñaki started his businesses. Obviously, if Felipe knew about them, it's normal that he didn't approved them... The distance between members of SRF is something that we never had imagined until the in-laws appeared. The King, the Queen, the Infantas and Prince Felipe they were always so tied and it was starting to marry (specially after Felipe's marriage) and things started to change between them... The rumours have been continuous since then: the King doesn´t like Letizia, the Infantas (specially Cristina) doesn't like Letizia, Letizia doesn´t like the Infantas... Complicated!

I wonder when had Cristina known about her husband illegal business?I dout that she Knew from the begining,I think as soon as the invistigation started about Noos,the royal palace was informed and the king asked the infanta and her family to leave for Us.

I believe that all families have problems behind closed doors. I personally have 13 in-laws. To say that I adore everyone of them would be a stretch. Polite in public at all times--weddings, funerals, etc. Since my family is not under the eyes of the press 24/7, no one would notice. The Royals are human. They have likes and dislikes. Some members of the family more spoiled than others and when new people marry into the "group" jealousies are born. I tend to feel a bit sorry for Cristina as she was always the darling of the press. Now, she and her children stand back to Felipe, Letizia and especially their two beautiful girls. On top, this rotten situation involving her husband must be horrendous to her self image. She was not use to "bad press".

I personally believe that Inaki's situation was handled properly for families but incorrectly politically. As soon as rumors started, it should have been addressed.

As far as no one in the family liking Letizia, moot point. Felipe does and that is all that matters. In fact, I remember years ago that it was well stated that King JC had a jealousy of his own son's good looks and popularity. So the "close family" that was put on in publice might just have been good acting.

Kleio, infanta Elena and prince Felipe never had a specially nearby relation, and neither had the infantas Elena and Cristina. The most nearby were Cristina and Felipe.

I do not remember images of the Lugo and the Palma together, until a few years ago. The Lugo were never going in Christmas to Baqueira, until 2006. The infantas were started joining when their children had certain age, and Elena's marriage already was bad.

I remember in the first year of marriage that Felipe and Letizia were going to Barcelona, photos in the park with the children, having dinner or the photos of the family of the Princess taking the infanta and her children to the circus in Madrid.

The photos and the calendar coincide. The April, 2006 the Prince, the Princess and Leonor go to Miguel's birthday at the end of April ... since then, to the party of Iñaki's 40 birthday in 2008, there are no images of them visiting that house.

Exactly my observation. I always wondered what happened, heard that there were in-law issues, but that did not coincide with the pictures from early in the marriage of Felipe and Letizia (2004/2005) where everyone seemed to get along so well and looked so happy in all the group pictures (Easter comes to mind). Then everything was different, and I do think now we know why.

I think the relationship was already bad between them before Iñaki started his businesses.

Inaki started Noos in 2003, when he became the Vice President of the Spanish Olympic Committee, the press somehow got a hold on his tax return and it already showed his business income, I remember at that time, some journalists already were not in favor of royals doing business. Likely lula said, the Asturias used to visit Cristina and her family in Barcelona, the last time was Miguel's birthday in June 2006. Felipe was the first to notice the irregularities of Inaki's business, it finally got validated after the report from the King's legal counselor. Afterwards their relation had turned old. I think Letizia likely had no personal relation with Cristina like many in-laws out there, she was hanging out with Cristina because Felipe wanted to. Once the close between Felipe and Cristina no longer existed, likely there was nothing going on between Letizia and Cristina, very normal among in-laws, royals are no exception.
I heard Felipe and Elena had never been close. Letizia had never met Elena until Sofia's birthday concert after the engagement.

Inaki started Noos in 2003, when he became the Vice President of the Spanish Olympic Committee, the press somehow got a hold on his tax return and it already showed his business income, I remember at that time, some journalists already were not in favor of royals doing business. Likely lula said, the Asturias used to visit Cristina and her family in Barcelona, the last time was Miguel's birthday in June 2006. Felipe was the first to notice the irregularities of Inaki's business, it finally got validated after the report from the King's legal counselor. Afterwards their relation had turned old. I think Letizia likely had no personal relation with Cristina like many in-laws out there, she was hanging out with Cristina because Felipe wanted to. Once the close between Felipe and Cristina no longer existed, likely there was nothing going on between Letizia and Cristina, very normal among in-laws, royals are no exception.
I heard Felipe and Elena had never been close. Letizia had never met Elena until Sofia's birthday concert after the engagement.

If so...Why the RF did not address the problem in a better way? It seems they wanted to hide everything.

If so...Why the RF did not address the problem in a better way? It seems they wanted to hide everything.

Felipe's voice hadn't been heard at the beginning. I think it had a lot to do with Cristina who had always been a fiery supporter of her hubby and JC had too much trust on his daughter who had always been seen as an educated and smart woman (thus nobody believes Cristina didn't know anything about her hubby's business). When the legal counselor did the investigation in 2006, too late, the problem was already there.

They were "all smiles" in January 2008 at Inaki's Bday in Barcelona, only a fake attempt to play "happy family" then, including by Felipe?
Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Inaki's 40th birthday was a family event, not a personal event for Felipe visiting the Palma family on Miguel's birthday in 2006, absence would raise suspicions IMO. I believe over the years, JC had wanted everyone to behave normally in public events since he pretty much wanted to keep as quiet as possible on Inaki's business. Not much press the last 6 years on the scandals, nobody knew Cristina was the board member of Noos, her secretary was the treasurer (until now), I bet it had something to do with JC IMO.

Last edited:
The salary in a private company has a ceiling (200k-300k max), especially when others are doing you a favor. With a fixed upper middle class salary, you can't live like a millionaire, perhaps can't even afford a big house in one of the best locations in Barcelona.

For those who are interested, there is a separate thread about the luxury Palma House, people were already stunned back then how they could afford such an expensive property. Now we know why.http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/cristina-and-i-akis-house-17800.html

It will take years to restore the image of the royal house and probably it will never be the same. If they want to do that they would need to address their internal problems and try to work them out.

Duke, simply I believe that in 2008 there was an approximation, more than one year had passed and probably the things calmed down. That year the queen, Letizia and Leonor also they went to Miguel's birthday, and they did not posed for the photo.

I believe that it is normal that to the House of the King there was coming information about Iñaki's business, and that in some moment were starting worrying and stopping it.

This one looks like story of ambition, pride and perfidies.

Iñaki wanted to gain money and did not have many scruples in the way of doing it. Probably he was thinking that he was more brilliant and intelligent than really was, and when he saw that the doors were opening him instead of being prudent, he tried to take advantage of everything what could. For my one of his big mistakes, it is not to have had the astuteness of seeing that to enter business with public administrations was a really dangerous area.

I can not understand the attitude of the Infanta Cristina, and the Secretary Carlos Garcia Revenga ... their duty was to ensure that Inaki activities were adequate, and left him to act without questions.

But for me the most incredible thing is that after the king forced him to stop Noos, that they look for a job very well paid in Telefónica ... Iñaki continued working with Noos, and what is worse with a foundation created with the same partners that they used to commit fraud.

Not only he has been ambitious and imprudent ... he has been absolutely disloyal ignoring and disobeying the orders of the House. I believe that still today, he thinks that he did the correct thing, and that everything was legal and suitable, and as consequence he has not acted like they were asking him.

I believe that the Family, and I would say that specially the Queen, they were thinking that Iñaki was going to act with more common sense, and they trusted in his word. But over the weeks and publication of all reports, doubts have begun. Queen's face on the day the press publieshed the theme of the foundation for disabled children was terrible.

lula, I had no idea that the relationship between Elena and Felipe was so cold. I guess it's normal if you've got two sisters to be closer to one of them. That's normal, I think. But as I said, before they all started to get married, in all the family pictures they played the happy ones and they all seemed to be a very tied family. I remember all those pictures every summer in Mallorca: they seemed to be so tied...
donnaK, I had never heard before what you say that Letizia met Elena after the engagement. If that's true, I think it's terrible.
The more I know about them, the more astonished I am. I think I've read too many Hola magazines were everything is wonderful and perfect!

Kleio, is not terrible, is what happens in the majority of the families. Every person has different lives, friendships or interests ... and depending on it there is more or less relation. One thing is not having daily contact, or make your life because the interests or friends do not match ... and another that at Christmas, summer holidays, birthday or family meeting normally you can have a good time, especially when there are children.

I did not say that Elena and Prince had a bad relationship, all people remember the tears of the infanta in the Olympics. But there is more difference in age, went to different schools, different friends, hobbies... Cristina and Felipe just connected more.

Your you can look in this forum at all the Royal Families, they coincide in official and family acts ... but out of it the images that exist of them together in vacations, or in a restaurant, or doing shopping together are few.

If things continue getting worse, would it be possible that the king decides to renew the RF, abdicating in favor of his son?

If things continue getting worse, would it be possible that the king decides to renew the RF, abdicating in favor of his son?

In my opinion, people do not blame JC for what happened, recently he acted swiftly and clearly by cutting out Inaki from royal activities, distancing the royal house from him, he indirectly mentioned Inakis wrongdoing in his annual speech and got some applause from the new parliament.

I do not think that people consider JC an old fool and his son as gods gift to monarchy. Whether Felipes boots are big enough or he is shrewd enough for the position in the long run only time will tell.

I dont think Felipe is better than JC. They are very different people even if they are father and son...the question is..will JC popularity survive to all the problems being caused by his son in law. We will see...i hope it does as he has worked very hard all his life, to get ruined by gold diggers.

Inaki's former business investigated in a corruption case

What I understand is that there is a huge anger in Spain about the couple.
A letter was sent to the Royal House asking for the renunciation of the infanta of her position in the order of succession, that the infanta will give up all her titles There were also people asking that after conviction the couple will be stripped of of their nationality, go in exile and never have any contact with the Royal Family anymore.
There are people claiming that the children should be taken away from their parents because of the bad example they gave them.

Last edited:
Maybe a trend in Europe. Asking some dutch people: they would also ask for the same measures if one Royal would do the same things.

Times have changed since the Lockheed problems of Prince Bernhard

Sometines people say many stupid things.:nonono:

I think many people agree that if her husband is convicted the Infanta Cristina will have to do something. She was also indirectly involved in
his business. Renounce to official activities, the title of Duchess of Palma or her rights of succession.

The rest of what you say is totally absurd or illegal. In Europe, in the 21st century, the exile doesn´t exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom