The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As per ABC Cristina is close to announcing the renunciation of her succession rights and its voluntary?

La Infanta Cristina, m?s cerca de la renuncia - ABC.es

Old 12-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Majesty

the article below mentions that the public prosecutor will offer urdangarin the possibility to accept a 6 year prison charge and him returning the total of 6 million. if he doesn't accept, he could face charges of up to 20 years of prison. however, they also mention in the article that urdangarin is not willing to negotiate a prison charge and will only negotiate on the basis of returning the money. they say in the article the prosecutor would not accept a penalty based on money only, and wants him to enter prison.

it's shameful that he's only willing to return the money he abducted, as if nothing had happened and get on with life...

El fiscal pactar? con Urdangarin si acepta 6 a?os y paga 6 millones | Baleares | EL MUNDO

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Today, legally, a descendant of Juan Carlos I can only be away from the succession to the Crown, if the person is married against the opinion of the King and Parliament.

Infanta Cristina can resign, but the decision is free and voluntary, and should not have pressure.

So King Felipe's hands are tied, he can not take away her rights, nor can pressure her to resign, because then the waiver may be invalidated later.
that's interesting, so felipe doesn't have the rights to decide whether to remove titles from the ex royal family members or remove them from the line of succession in this sort of extreme situation?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the article below mentions that the public prosecutor will offer urdangarin the possibility to accept a 6 year prison charge and him returning the total of 6 million. if he doesn't accept, he could face charges of up to 20 years of prison. however, they also mention in the article that urdangarin is not willing to negotiate a prison charge and will only negotiate on the basis of returning the money. they say in the article the prosecutor would not accept a penalty based on money only, and wants him to enter prison.

it's shameful that he's only willing to return the money he abducted, as if nothing had happened and get on with life...

El fiscal pactar? con Urdangarin si acepta 6 a?os y paga 6 millones | Baleares | EL MUNDO
For the prosecutors to play this kind of hardball, they either have an awful lot on him, or the public won't stand for anything less, or both.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Majesty

How low have the mighty fallen! Inaki Urdangarin, former Golden Boy of the Spanish Royal Family and rumored to have been favored by Juan Carlos, could be headed to the slammer?!

I feel terribly sad for the Urdangarin children. Shame on Cristina and Inaki.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
How low have the mighty fallen! Inaki Urdangarin, former Golden Boy of the Spanish Royal Family and rumored to have been favored by Juan Carlos, could be headed to the slammer?!

I feel terribly sad for the Urdangarin children. Shame on Cristina and Inaki.
Hmmm, I suddenly thought of the Orange is the New Black series - only this one will be Orange is the New Purple.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I refuse to believe that Inaki is anywhere near 15-20 years of jailtime. You get away with much less for manslaughter.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Majesty

For as guilty as he is supposed to be 20 years are exaggerated to me... If I think that Pistorius got away with much much less for manslaughter...
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nóos case prosecutor seeks 18 years for king’s brother-in-law Urdangarin In English EL PAÍS

Drop fraud charges for princess Prosecutor - The Local
Old 12-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
For as guilty as he is supposed to be 20 years are exaggerated to me... If I think that Pistorius got away with much much less for manslaughter...
I completely agree. They want to make an example out of Inaki, who certainly does deserve to be punished. But unlike Pistorius he didn't kill anybody!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I completely agree. They want to make an example out of Inaki, who certainly does deserve to be punished. But unlike Pistorius he didn't kill anybody!
I know law is law so I'm talking from a human POV
Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

well I think he is going to be considered guilty and he is going to prison...not for 19 years but at least 10...
Old 12-09-2014, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I know law is law so I'm talking from a human POV
??? So was I. Twenty years seems excessive for this particular crime.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hola

La Fiscalía Anticorrupción solicita archivar la imputación de la Infanta Cristina, pero pide 19 años y 6 meses de prisión para Iñaki Urdangarin

Bekia

http://www.bekia.es/realeza/noticias...rin-asesinato/

La Fiscalía Anticorrupción pide a Iñaki Urdangarín 19 años y medio de prisión y que la Infanta Cristina no sea juzgada - Bekia
Old 12-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Majesty

I have to agree with GracieGiraffe. If the prosecutor is pushing such a harsh sentence for a person with no known criminal history, he must have some extraordinary information that has not been made public.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I have to agree with GracieGiraffe. If the prosecutor is pushing such a harsh sentence for a person with no known criminal history, he must have some extraordinary information that has not been made public.

In addition, I think this amount of time reflects the possibility of consecutive sentences for more than one crime.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
In addition, I think this amount of time reflects the possibility of consecutive sentences for more than one crime.
That was my thought too. Also, that amount of time may be the maximum he could be sentenced to. A lot of times you hear the penalty for xxx is doing 15-20 and eligible for parole at yyy.

We'll just have to see what happens.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
For the prosecutors to play this kind of hardball, they either have an awful lot on him, or the public won't stand for anything less, or both.
GG-Do we have similar sentencing in the U.S.?
Old 12-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Infanta Cristina,Duchess of Palma pays out nearly E600,000 demanded the by prosecution

Infanta Cristina of Spain to pay nearly ?600,000 in corruption case - hellomagazine.com

Tags
corruption, iñaki urdangarín, infanta cristina, scandal